LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

Levine Toilolo TE

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cools:
Did they assign him a number yet?49ers.com gave him 87, but I doubt anyone gets that number
That must be a mistake I doubt very seriously he'll be allowed to wear #87.
Originally posted by thl408:
13 personnel (1rb/3te/1wr) was something Kyle liked to use in ATL to give the defense a look they rarely practiced against, but he hasn't done much of it in SF. So many moves this offseason has been about personnel flexibility, adding Coleman, multi dimensional Hurd, the search to upgrade TE2.

http://insidethepylon.com/nfl/teams-nfl/nfc-south/atlanta-falcons/2016/10/06/atlanta-falcons-effective-13-personnel/
With Jacob Tamme, Levine Toilolo and rookie Austin Hooper, offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan has three good players at his disposal. While one might think that this formation is best suited to help in the running game, Atlanta has primarily used it in the passing game this season.

This could be a huge lineup near the Goal line. Levine 6'8, Kittle 6'4, Kaden 6'5 all playing TE. Mathews 6'4 at WR and then Hurd 6'5 at RB. If you flex Hurd out of the backfield you have a dangerous receiving core with a ton of size. The possibilities of this offense are limitless.
13 personnel (1rb/3te/1wr) was something Kyle liked to use in ATL to give the defense a look they rarely practiced against, but he hasn't done much of it in SF. So many moves this offseason has been about personnel flexibility, adding Coleman, multi dimensional Hurd, the search to upgrade TE2.

http://insidethepylon.com/nfl/teams-nfl/nfc-south/atlanta-falcons/2016/10/06/atlanta-falcons-effective-13-personnel/
With Jacob Tamme, Levine Toilolo and rookie Austin Hooper, offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan has three good players at his disposal. While one might think that this formation is best suited to help in the running game, Atlanta has primarily used it in the passing game this season.

LMAO...Kyle, that's just not fair. Those DC's have families, ya know?
  • thl408
Originally posted by Travis49erfan:

This could be a huge lineup near the Goal line. Levine 6'8, Kittle 6'4, Kaden 6'5 all playing TE. Mathews 6'4 at WR and then Hurd 6'5 at RB. If you flex Hurd out of the backfield you have a dangerous receiving core with a ton of size. The possibilities of this offense are limitless.

Great example of a goal line look. Line up big with 3TEs then playaction out of it with Hurd as the powerback. Harbaugh did this many times for an open Vernon Davis in the back of the endzone.
Originally posted by NCommand:

And our TEs are much better than ATLs
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by NCommand:

And our TEs are much better than ATLs

• GORO
  • Veteran
I agree Celek is gonna have to knock people down in preseason to keep his spot.
Originally posted by cciowa:
he is not soft like the countless guys that were on the roster from last year. sorry to tell you guys this but it would appear some of" our guys" are going bye bye

and that has nothing to do with what the poster was saying, he said Smith actually a 4.5 guy. That would put him in like the 95% percentile at TE for speed (that's Kittle range). Smith is NOT that fast. Also it's not hating on him. I like what he is good at doing, being fast isn't one
Originally posted by Heroism:

HA I was gonna say I remember AA getting pushed around by a TE all game long vs the Lions. it was this guy

He gets pretty low for a 6'8 guy. Looks to possess good technique. I read somewhere that he was the number one rated pass blocking TE. His run game looks strong too.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

HA I was gonna say I remember AA getting pushed around by a TE all game long vs the Lions. it was this guy

That looks really bad.
So...we're now looking at Kittle, Kaden Smith & Toilolo as our 3 TE's...that's quite a group. I know Smith's a rookie, but expect he'll be a reliable receiver for Jimmy. As an overall receiving corps we've gone from smallish to one with good size...and a lot more legit RZ threats. Toilolo arguably has yet to reach his potential...he's got the size (& height) but needs to take better advantage of both. Both he and Kittle can coach Smith up, which is a good position to be in.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by cools:
Did they assign him a number yet?49ers.com gave him 87, but I doubt anyone gets that number
That must be a mistake I doubt very seriously he'll be allowed to wear #87.

They corrected it, he's been assigned 83.

Share 49ersWebzone