LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 407 users in the forums

UDFA Wilton Speight QB UCLA/Michigan

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This guy has some skills, more than just a camp arm IMO... could push Beathard out the door! Will be interesting to see how he performs in the preseason.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
This guy has some skills, more than just a camp arm IMO... could push Beathard out the door! Will be interesting to see how he performs in the preseason.

This guy is one player I've been watching since last year and I don't watch college ball, and I agree, I think he has the talent to play in the NFL like Mullen's - he just needs a chance.

I defer to the draft nerds, but I think if he didn't get injured, I think he'd be a mid-round pick in this years draft. Good size, good arm, and if he has the software that Nick and Jimmy have, I'm taking Wilton over Nick simply beacause of size and arm.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I would not be surprise if CJ's backing up in Russell Wilson or even K-Murray by the start of the season.

Speight football career at Michigan just got interrupted due to Jim's welcome home party.. If he can be a solid backup here and even beat out Mullen's if a QB coach can just spend time w/him.
He's going to have to find a way to hit the books on Kyle's offense like Mullens did for 2 years, to be of any good when he gets his chance on the field. What Mullens did was out of the norm and not easy.
Man, he sure was the paradigm of "meh" in college under the "Quarterback Whisperer"
Wu in 3...2...1
Originally posted by NCommand:
Wu in 3...2...1

Wasn't he banned?!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Wu in 3...2...1

Wasn't he banned?!

HE'S ALIVE!
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Man, he sure was the paradigm of "meh" in college under the "Quarterback Whisperer"

His 1st season under JH he was actually pretty dam good. Then the following season he fell off
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Wu in 3...2...1

Wasn't he banned?!

Yea we really need wu for this thread

I watched most of his games last year while playing for Chip at UCLA... I thought he improved steadily throughout the season and looked very good at the end.

He had injury issues with his back last season and the season prior, hope he is healed up now.

His main strength is his decision making, accuracy and arm strength are decent but certainly not 2 or 3 sigma... mobility is sneaky OK but he aint no Lamar Miller running out of the pocket that's for sure.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Too soft. As soon as expectation hit at Michigan he wilted.
He'll be a good camp arm and will give our secondary lots of confidence
I'd be surprised if he made the roster.

But, maybe PS if they think some more strength will help out his game.
Share 49ersWebzone