LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 217 users in the forums

Be careful with Stanford players for the 49ers.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
The funny thing is, if we took Christian McCaffery over Solly, we wouldn't have had to overpay for McKinnon who is probably another fragile guy.

I'm glad we didn't take Mccaffery personally. He was drafted way too soon.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
The funny thing is, if we took Christian McCaffery over Solly, we wouldn't have had to overpay for McKinnon who is probably another fragile guy.

You're just saying that because he's white....
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Pac 12 is just soft compared to the Big 10 and SEC. You get the occasional outlier, such as DeForest, but generally speaking, thev don't produce the quality of athlete in the trenches.

Nah it's all about getting the right players. David Decastro and Trent Murphy were players I wanted and I feel they have done pretty well so far. Decastro more than Murphy but still good trench players.

Murphy is Okay...Decastro is good. But that's the issue, can we name more than just those two? For every good trench player that Stanford produces, you have 4 or 5 mediocre or just busts. Compare that to the other big schools, and its not good.

This scouting department needs to expand more.

One fact that i hate, is that we have drafted 1 OL from Alabama in the past 15 years. Justin Smiley was the last one...

You're comparing Stanford to Alabama?

Stanford had a good run and get some very good prospects (mainly TEs and QBs). Their system is very good so it makes RBs and OL look better than they are.

Stanford is no power house so Idk what people are talking about tbh.
The irony with this thread is that Kaden Smith and Joshua Garnett are pretty likely to be cut at this point.
I really wanted ertz. He was sitting right there in the 2nd. f**king analytics
[ Edited by Big_Daddy on Aug 2, 2019 at 9:12 PM ]
  • pd24
  • Veteran

Way too soon? Lol. He has way more production than the guy we drafted at 3. No sense to be glad about drafting a worse football player.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Scottie15:
Originally posted by Niners816:
Should have taken Zack Ertz in the 2013 draft.....Richard Sherman and Doug Baldwin in '11....Christian McCaffrey wouldn't have sucked in '17

Legit points.

I would easily have taken McCaffery.

Baldwin was undrafted too. Low risk high reward.

But yea, I'd say probability is in your favor when you're drafting players who play in the most competitive conference in football.

You would of taken a RB #2 overall... After knowing Matt Breida was an undrafted FA?
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Scottie15:
Originally posted by Niners816:
Should have taken Zack Ertz in the 2013 draft.....Richard Sherman and Doug Baldwin in '11....Christian McCaffrey wouldn't have sucked in '17

Legit points.

I would easily have taken McCaffery.

Baldwin was undrafted too. Low risk high reward.

But yea, I'd say probability is in your favor when you're drafting players who play in the most competitive conference in football.

You would of taken a RB #2 overall... After knowing Matt Breida was an undrafted FA?

They were in the same draft..
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
The irony with this thread is that Kaden Smith and Joshua Garnett are pretty likely to be cut at this point.

Joshy is injured so he's a lock to stay... if smith wants a spot, he'd better prove to be soft af and create an injury for himself because it seems like Lynch has a soft-on for injury plagued players and his alma maters.
The Stanford busts are more than offset by the two Stanford coach we got. I great one and one very good one.

Share 49ersWebzone