There are 122 users in the forums

Wide Receivers: who gets cut

Originally posted by tjd808185:
I doubt Goodwin gets cut. His ability as a deep threat is unmatched.

This.

We dont have deep speed anywhere else.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 17,697
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I doubt Goodwin gets cut. His ability as a deep threat is unmatched.

but if he's going to be training for the olympics and not his craft...
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 17,697
Guaranteed

Pettis
Samuel
Mattews

Near Safe
Bourne
Hurd(i know he makes the team, if he's not as polished as need be i can see a red shirt year)

Battle for 1 or 2 spots.

Taylor
James
any 3rd WR we take on day 3

I feel whomever loses the battle for one of the last spots can be hidden on the IR. With Matthews only on a 1 year deal i can see them trying to keep these 7 some way or another.

I see Goodwin cut
Bourne should be cut
  • Kolohe
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 46,072
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Goodwin is not getting cut

Could be traded.
theres redundancy with James and Taylor, but youth is on their sides vs. Goodwin. I think what happens now is Goodwin "stays healthy", (funny how competition does that). Look for Taylor or James to get traded, or Hurd moves to an H-Back/TE Role (Delaine Walker II).
Originally posted by Rascal:
The cuts in most part will be pretty obvious:

  • Smallwood
  • McCaffrey
  • Dunbar
  • Taylor (Just way too slow)
  • Goodwin (I don't know what are the financial implications, but between him and Richie James, I would rather take James. Goodwin has been like glass and doesn't play hard enough in my opinion)


Bourne is gone before Goodwin
I think Bourne and Taylor need to show more to keep a spot. Taylor coming off a back injury wasn't much last year. Bourne was a bit disappointment after the flash in the first year.
Jordan Matthews
Kendrick Bourne


Matthews was done as soon as they took Samuel and Hurd. He's a big slot that brings nothing to the table as a returner or special teamer. One year deal, little guaranteed $$, peace out homey.
Just what this team needed. 11 WR's when we have holes at S, CB, OL which still need to be filled. What are we going to do with all these WR's? You can't even keep this many on the roster. This team is so crazy.


Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Goodwin is not getting cut

Could be traded.

Whose gonna be that certified deep threat that defenses have to respect? If we drafted a guy like Campbell or someone with near 4.3 maybe but we didn't.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Jordan Matthews
Kendrick Bourne


Matthews was done as soon as they took Samuel and Hurd. He's a big slot that brings nothing to the table as a returner or special teamer. One year deal, little guaranteed $$, peace out homey.
Agreed, it's too bad because I actually like Matthews and wanted to see what Kyle can do with him. After this draft we just have too much talent worth holding on to
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Just what this team needed. 11 WR's when we have holes at S, CB, OL which still need to be filled. What are we going to do with all these WR's? You can't even keep this many on the roster. This team is so crazy.



You keep 6


Pettis
Samuel
Goodwin
Taylor
James
Hurd


Originally posted by krizay:
Guaranteed

Pettis
Samuel
Mattews

Near Safe
Bourne
Hurd(i know he makes the team, if he's not as polished as need be i can see a red shirt year)

Battle for 1 or 2 spots.

Taylor
James
any 3rd WR we take on day 3

I feel whomever loses the battle for one of the last spots can be hidden on the IR. With Matthews only on a 1 year deal i can see them trying to keep these 7 some way or another.

I see Goodwin cut

Matthews is as good as gone
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Just what this team needed. 11 WR's when we have holes at S, CB, OL which still need to be filled. What are we going to do with all these WR's? You can't even keep this many on the roster. This team is so crazy.



You keep 6

Pettis
Samuel
Goodwin
Taylor
James
Hurd


It could be something like that. I'm not sure Hurd is worth keeping or drafting. He is such a big project. We can have players instead of projects.
Share 49erswebzone