LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 422 users in the forums

Wide Receivers: who gets cut

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Goodwin will not be cut. He had an awesome rapport with Jimmy G at the end of 2017 so they will be looking to duplicate that this year.

oh my god. this again.. the end of 2017, blah blah blah,.. means nothing any more.. thank god kyle finally woke up and started to listen to me and others who said.. forget the small little allegedly breaking ankles guys.... we have seen we need to get bigger and stronger. teams saw if they jam, those little guys. we are toast.. in my opinion. taylor goodwin and bourne are the ones who should be concerned. the end of 2017. lol
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Just what this team needed. 11 WR's when we have holes at S, CB, OL which still need to be filled. What are we going to do with all these WR's? You can't even keep this many on the roster. This team is so crazy.

i was sort of ok with the two wideouts cuz our receivers are the most underwhelming in the nfl. the punter thing was dumb unless they planned to trade robbie which did not happen. glaring needs at safety cb and ol. jesus lynch. you best come up with two gems yet today. safety is such a concern. trying to jam ward down our throats. gag. not to get a guard is idiotic
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Matthews is as good as gone

i bet taylor and bourne are gone and this guy stays. goodwin can not be counted on in my opinion
For me it comes down to two matchups.

Matthews v Bourne

James v Taylor
X
Pettis
Goodwin

Z
Samuel
Hurd

S
Matthews
James
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Just what this team needed. 11 WR's when we have holes at S, CB, OL which still need to be filled. What are we going to do with all these WR's? You can't even keep this many on the roster. This team is so crazy.

i was sort of ok with the two wideouts cuz our receivers are the most underwhelming in the nfl. the punter thing was dumb unless they planned to trade robbie which did not happen. glaring needs at safety cb and ol. jesus lynch. you best come up with two gems yet today. safety is such a concern. trying to jam ward down our throats. gag. not to get a guard is idiotic

There were other needs which were bigger compared to some of the picks we made and especially where we made them.
I'm calling Samuel, Hurd, Goodwin, Pettis, Taylor, and Mathews.
I don't think they trust Goodwin (not in a bad way) so these guys are obvious choices.
oh my god. this again.. the end of 2017, blah blah blah,.. means nothing any more.. thank god kyle finally woke up and started to listen to me and others who said.. forget the small little allegedly breaking ankles guys.... we have seen we need to get bigger and stronger. teams saw if they jam, those little guys. we are toast.. in my opinion. taylor goodwin and bourne are the ones who should be concerned. the end of 2017. lol

• DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by John_Candy:
X
Pettis
Goodwin

Z
Samuel
Hurd

S
Matthews
James

This is how I see it shaking out. I think Goodwin/Pettis move back and forth from slot to outside though. Both on the field together a good bit.
Hurd will be on the PS as a project
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Goodwin will not be cut. He had an awesome rapport with Jimmy G at the end of 2017 so they will be looking to duplicate that this year.

right bc guys who have are small and have all
world speed have no role in the nfl? i will guarantee you that goodwin makes the team. a third round rookie is not going to take his particular spot not
to mention he signed a 20$ mil extension.

taylor and bourne are likely gone. we will see about the rest but goodwin will not be one of the ones cut.
Originally posted by captveg:
I wouldn't call Mathews a lock. Hurd is more of a lock than him simply because teams don't cut 3rd round picks often.

agreed.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Share 49ersWebzone