There are 268 users in the forums

Which RB do you trade

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which RB do you trade

• Antix
  • Veteran
We shouldn't trade any of them.

What would we get? A 4th maybe? Whatever arby we have is worth more than a 4th especially if one or two go down during the season.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
The way our last couple of seasons have gone, the better question is how many of our RBs will be on IR by mid season..

This is unfortunately true. I'll be happy if for each of the 16 games we have one of Jet, Breida, or Coleman fully healthy. That's a huge improvement over last year.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by 9moon:
McKinnon should be the one, Breida can do what we ever we thought we saw from McKinnon.. Plus, Brieda is much cheaper.

I would say McKinnon, I looked at his film again, he really didn't look all that impressive. But, here is the thing, is he even tradeable with his recovering ACL? It might be difficult to move him.

It would be more difficult than a completely healthy player of course, but not impossible like some are saying. Any trade wouldn't be complete until the player passes the physical. In McKinnons case, he tore his acl early and should be damn near fully recovered by now. Personally, I'm with the trade nobody crowd after we limped through last season with Alfred Morris and UDFA Wilson. Only way I trade is if we rape the hell outta whoever it is for a mid round pick or higher, 6th or 7th go kick f**king rocks
  • dj43
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
Originally posted by dj43:
Give an offensive master-mind like Shanahan some interchangeable pieces like he currently has with these RBs, and he will find a way to use them all in ways that defenses have not seen before.

For example, imagine jet-sweep action with Goodwin in the game but with Brieda or one of the other backs split wide and coming back as the "jet." Or see them setup with one on the LOS and then switching before the snap. It has the same confusing impact of a bunch formation but with more moving parts.

McCaffrey runs go routes. This isn't the '60s.

That's part of the point - the current crew offers many options.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Brieda is the only one tradable. Mchkinnon, coming off injury, and with his garenteed won't get too much value. Or even offers. Bried who I think had a fluke year, has the most trade value. With the addition of Coleman I could care less which one stays. Coleman is bigger, and better than both
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
McKinnon should be the one, Breida can do what we ever we thought we saw from McKinnon.. Plus, Brieda is much cheaper.

I would say McKinnon, I looked at his film again, he really didn't look all that impressive. But, here is the thing, is he even tradeable with his recovering ACL? It might be difficult to move him.

It would be more difficult than a completely healthy player of course, but not impossible like some are saying. Any trade wouldn't be complete until the player passes the physical. In McKinnons case, he tore his acl early and should be damn near fully recovered by now. Personally, I'm with the trade nobody crowd after we limped through last season with Alfred Morris and UDFA Wilson. Only way I trade is if we rape the hell outta whoever it is for a mid round pick or higher, 6th or 7th go kick f**king rocks

Makes sense. So, 5 RBs on the 53? Do we even have enough roster spots? I am pretty sure there will be at least 6 WRs.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Why would anybody trade anything for any of them?
Coleman got back up money.
McKinnon's contract is untradeable coming off a knee injury.
Breida probably has the most trade value but could end up being our best RB, so why trade him for a late rounder.
Mostert is a solid forth with no trade value.
Wilson is cut.
Teams don't trade for RBs typically.
[ Edited by KID9R on Mar 18, 2019 at 6:55 PM ]

Makes sense. So, 5 RBs on the 53? Do we even have enough roster spots? I am pretty sure there will be at least 6 WRs.

4 for me, Wilson goes to the PS. Unless you're counting Juice as a RB then yes 5
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
4 for me, Wilson goes to the PS. Unless you're counting Juice as a RB then yes 5

Wilson is a valued ST player.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

Wilson is a valued ST player.

There is a good chance Wilson might get claimed if you cut him before he can make it back to the PS. The kid played well at the end of last season. And don't forget, we also have another PS RB already called Matt Dayes.

Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
McKinnon by far. The guy had opportunities in the past in Minnesota and failed to produce good numbers.

Breida showed last year that he is a perfect fit for this offense as long as he is in a timeshare. He has very good vision, hands are adequate, he has blazing speed and he is cheap. Just needs to work on pass blocking and staying healthy.

Coleman is essentially what Mckinnon was supposed to be except he's produced in the past. I'm really excited about him. He was a monster in college on an Indiana team that featured him and only him. Teams still couldn't stop him.

Mostert is a beast on special teams and showed he has some potential as a runner too.

Wilson is perfect for P-squad.

Pretty much this, we gambled on McKinnon potential without any proof it could ever be realized , I don't like that kinda signing, I like players who have proved it already and McKinnon has not
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
McKinnon by far. The guy had opportunities in the past in Minnesota and failed to produce good numbers.

Breida showed last year that he is a perfect fit for this offense as long as he is in a timeshare. He has very good vision, hands are adequate, he has blazing speed and he is cheap. Just needs to work on pass blocking and staying healthy.

Coleman is essentially what Mckinnon was supposed to be except he's produced in the past. I'm really excited about him. He was a monster in college on an Indiana team that featured him and only him. Teams still couldn't stop him.

Mostert is a beast on special teams and showed he has some potential as a runner too.

Wilson is perfect for P-squad.

Pretty much this, we gambled on McKinnon potential without any proof it could ever be realized , I don't like that kinda signing, I like players who have proved it already and McKinnon has not

He's who we should trade. But it will be brieda
After what happened last year I think Shanahan learned his lesson because we were so damn injured. Matt would be the only running back that would fetch trade interest in my opinion, but I don't think we would trade him for less than a third or fourth. I don't think we will get that value so we need to keep him, keep all of them actually. Wilson to the practice squad and Mckinnon brought along slowly
if anything, it's gotta be Mckinnon just because of the contract.

i jus hope we get something of decent value, but i doubt it.
None. You won't get jack in return and all are cheap in the grand scheme of things and offer security and major competition to make the unit even better. Plus, each offer unique skill sets so you can activate whichever you need for weekly game plans. Someone will get nicked up too. You know this.

Right now, Kyle can use the slot for Kittle, Taylor or any of these Arby's. Good luck defenses!
Share 49ersWebzone