There are 187 users in the forums

2019 Team Information (Needs)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Saleh has been getting gob smacked for playing players out of position. Some of that was to just try to field a team in all positions on defense.

But I think part of it also, is to echo Kyle's philosophy on offense to minimize the tell, and masquerade the plays. To have several players that can execute different defensive functions. That enhances the cloaking ability of the unit.

most of it ., in my opinion ,. that he is a idiot and not fit to be a dc. here lets play soft. not defend the sidelines vs the packers and let aaron carve us up on their way to a predictable win
He's not an idiot...no DC would've shined with that crew... The run defense improved, even with third stringers...and the players respect him. Let's see how he does with this DL, and additions to the LBs and the DBs. Shouldn't he have a chance in light of the previous lack of talent?

Or, no, he's just an idiot, Kyle's an idiot for hiring him, everybody's an idiot.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
He's not an idiot...no DC would've shined with that crew... The run defense improved, even with third stringers...and the players respect him. Let's see how he does with this DL, and additions to the LBs and the DBs. Shouldn't he have a chance in light of the previous lack of talent?

Or, no, he's just an idiot, Kyle's an idiot for hiring him, everybody's an idiot.

oh please. we struggled to tackle which is on coaching. many examples of guys playing out of position and no one every explained it. sure the run d has gotten better. no one argues. yes based upon his showing so far. he is a idiot. and yes kyle or lynch or whoever is in charge are idiots for keeping him.

oh please. we struggled to tackle which is on coaching. many examples of guys playing out of position and no one every explained it. sure the run d has gotten better. no one argues. yes based upon his showing so far. he is a idiot. and yes kyle or lynch or whoever is in charge are idiots for keeping him.

And the "idiots" were sensible enough to hire key coaching help to overcome those defects.
[ Edited by WestCoastForever on Jul 10, 2019 at 12:46 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

I have some hope that Woods and Kocurek will help Saleh be a better DC. After all, Bill Bellichick was a special teams coach under Perkins, but the entire defensive staff went to him for consultations regarding the defense. So Woods and Kocurek are *assistants* but they could be that in name only and in reality, as the season wears on, a Bill Bellichick kind of informal organization develops around either Kocurek or Woods.
Let's start a GoFundMe and buy it!

Originally posted by NCommand:

Yeah, I saw that news. Joe has something like 700 acres next door that's not for sale. 700 acres - man that place must be cherry.
Originally posted by RTFirefly:

Yeah, I saw that news. Joe has something like 700 acres next door that's not for sale. 700 acres - man that place must be cherry.

Hmm, rereading this, I'm confused. What I saw was nowhere near 500 acres for sale, more like 30. OK I'll keep quiet unless I do some research.

It could be a half-way decent WZ hangout.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
And the "idiots" were sensible enough to hire key coaching help to overcome those defects.

you HOPE. but acorn head is still the head of the defensive rattlesnake. i hope we can succeed in spite of him
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

you HOPE. but acorn head is still the head of the defensive rattlesnake. i hope we can succeed in spite of him

Well, if Acorn doesn't get a grasp of this defense and have them clicking right away, then I think a 'team need' by then would be DC.

He may or may not succeed, the evidence goes both ways.

There were plenty of other young candidates available , KS knows him better than we do.

I'm going to wait to see what he does with a more complete roster of better players, competent assistants, and an offense that is staying on the field, and then decide.

You pull for the failure of a coach. You "hope that we succeed in spite of him ."

Wouldn't it be better for the team if each player and coach succeeds ?
[ Edited by WestCoastForever on Jul 12, 2019 at 6:17 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

There were plenty of other young candidates available , KS knows him better than we do.

I'm going to wait to see what he does with a more complete roster of better players, competent assistants, and an offense that is staying on the field, and then decide.

You pull for the failure of a coach. You "hope that we succeed in spite of him ."

Saleh has his Aldon (bosa) Smith, now lets see if he can be a Fangio.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Yes, I'll settle for keeping teams to 17 points.

I just can't go with the "idiot" thing. I can't see him getting the job without being schematically and strategically savvy.

It is true, that not everyone can think on their feet, But even with this, I gotta go with Kyle's expertise .

Preseason is almost here, and the season is right around the corner. We will soon see.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

Yes, I'll settle for keeping teams to 17 points.

I just can't go with the "idiot" thing. I can't see him getting the job without being schematically and strategically savvy.

It is true, that not everyone can think on their feet, But even with this, I gotta go with Kyle's expertise .

Preseason is almost here, and the season is right around the corner. We will soon see.

I think he has the x's and o's but not the experience. Both Kyle and Bellicheat have the requisite experience to design their scheme's to fit the NFL season. Each NFL season is different and a lot of teams don't change their approach from year to year, but Kyle and Bellicheat do. So did Walsh. But to do that, you have to have some experience to base your changes off, of. The NFL is a copycat league and good coaches can tap into that and predict what the bottom half of NFL coaches do and counter those bottom feeder coaches that can't think for themselves and just copy and paste.
I don't ever see much conversation on this specific group: Linebacker Depth.

We are very thin still here at this position. 1-2 injuries and this group is fodder.
Share 49ersWebzone