There are 242 users in the forums

2019 Team Information (Needs)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Arizona WR group could be pretty good

Yeah, they could be crazy good. Agreed.

Absolutely. We have to get to Murray and get to him fast. So glad we don't have to play Arizona with last year''s defense.

No doubt about that. Fortunately they have the worst OL. Get to him and keep him inside the pocket with the wide 9.
This is a very strong team! Good job!
^ Brian Peacock is taking on this exercise too. LOL
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
I vote NCommand for Hall of Fame!

Oh... wait a minute...
Originally posted by Giedi:

Oh... wait a minute...

God bless you, kind sir. I post in your honor.
I still don't understand the love for la c,g, position when they currently have no idea who will be starting in those three positions and the players penciled in have giant?? Marks.
Originally posted by Izyniner:
I still don't understand the love for la c,g, position when they currently have no idea who will be starting in those three positions and the players penciled in have giant?? Marks.

That's true. I don't know much about their overall lineup along the OL and they lost a very good veteran G.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

Oh... wait a minute...

God bless you, kind sir. I post in your honor.

Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by longterm9erfan:
I know some don't like our LBs, but I do, Warner and Kwon can play MIKE and WILL, Greenlaw looks like he can play SAM, MIKE and WILL, same for Smith, and Nzeocha. Lee MIKE and WILL, Mayo will be a key ST'er, kinda like Blake Costanzo days.
Man...I'm glad to hear this from you, AB... I'm not sold on the depth of that crew at all. Seems like too many of those guys are ST players only.

Cheers!

I have a good feeling about Greenlaw, could be the SAM LB'er for us. I get the whole too many ST guys, hopefully some of these guys don't need to play LB'er, and we can stay healthy.

Year one, roster purge, we field a team with less than 22 starters.
Year two, second draft, second free agency, we field a team, the 22 starters, after an injury avalanche, we filed 16-18 starters.
Year three, we have competition, we may even have more than 22 starters, we will see.

I see holes around the roster, here and there, mostly at back up positions, but I feel for the first time in a while we have NFL caliber starters at all positions, maybe not top shelf players, but a solid well.

My concern is depth, our 22 starters all seem to have a history of injury, it is one of the most mind boggling rosters Ive ever seen. The team should look to Band-aid, Advil, and Blue Cross for sponsorship.

I also think we will see some stylistic changes from the coaching staff.

I get a laugh when I read coach Saleh saying the defense is the same as last season, just a different alignment, up front, more wide nine, oh, and linebackers will be in stack more often, so yeah, all the same, except we might play a little less cover three, and we plan on disgusting our coverage, so yeah, all the same except it will look totally different, with players having different responsibilities...

I think Kyle had more winkles in mind for the offense, when it was going to feature McKinnon, with him back, Tevin Coleman on the squad, some moe receiving talent, and every NFL coordinator looking to shut down Kittle, I expect we will look a little different on offense as well, but still the same

• Giedi
  • Veteran

I can see this site hosting 200+ members during the last week in July!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by longterm9erfan:
I know some don't like our LBs, but I do, Warner and Kwon can play MIKE and WILL, Greenlaw looks like he can play SAM, MIKE and WILL, same for Smith, and Nzeocha. Lee MIKE and WILL, Mayo will be a key ST'er, kinda like Blake Costanzo days.
Man...I'm glad to hear this from you, AB... I'm not sold on the depth of that crew at all. Seems like too many of those guys are ST players only.

Cheers!

I have a good feeling about Greenlaw, could be the SAM LB'er for us. I get the whole too many ST guys, hopefully some of these guys don't need to play LB'er, and we can stay healthy.

Year one, roster purge, we field a team with less than 22 starters.
Year two, second draft, second free agency, we field a team, the 22 starters, after an injury avalanche, we filed 16-18 starters.
Year three, we have competition, we may even have more than 22 starters, we will see.

I see holes around the roster, here and there, mostly at back up positions, but I feel for the first time in a while we have NFL caliber starters at all positions, maybe not top shelf players, but a solid well.

My concern is depth, our 22 starters all seem to have a history of injury, it is one of the most mind boggling rosters Ive ever seen. The team should look to Band-aid, Advil, and Blue Cross for sponsorship.

I also think we will see some stylistic changes from the coaching staff.

I get a laugh when I read coach Saleh saying the defense is the same as last season, just a different alignment, up front, more wide nine, oh, and linebackers will be in stack more often, so yeah, all the same, except we might play a little less cover three, and we plan on disgusting our coverage, so yeah, all the same except it will look totally different, with players having different responsibilities...

I think Kyle had more winkles in mind for the offense, when it was going to feature McKinnon, with him back, Tevin Coleman on the squad, some moe receiving talent, and every NFL coordinator looking to shut down Kittle, I expect we will look a little different on offense as well, but still the same

Or, to state the same thing you said in a different way. The defense is going to be different, but now they have the players to actually run the 4-3 under properly, so they will have different *looks* - to make it look like a 3-4, a 5-2, a 46, but they will be really running the 4-3 under in disguise.
Saleh has been getting gob smacked for playing players out of position. Some of that was to just try to field a team in all positions on defense.

But I think part of it also, is to echo Kyle's philosophy on offense to minimize the tell, and masquerade the plays. To have several players that can execute different defensive functions. That enhances the cloaking ability of the unit.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Saleh has been getting gob smacked for playing players out of position. Some of that was to just try to field a team in all positions on defense.

But I think part of it also, is to echo Kyle's philosophy on offense to minimize the tell, and masquerade the plays. To have several players that can execute different defensive functions. That enhances the cloaking ability of the unit.

most of it ., in my opinion ,. that he is a idiot and not fit to be a dc. here lets play soft. not defend the sidelines vs the packers and let aaron carve us up on their way to a predictable win
Share 49ersWebzone