LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

With a record like ours, it is tradition to select a scape goat, and fire them. Who should

Shop Find 49ers gear online

With a record like ours, it is tradition to select a scape goat, and fire them. Who should

Joan from Payroll is untouchable. She is an icon. She is a 49er fixture.

I highly anticipate that at next year's home game versus the Seahawks we will unveil a statue of Joan. She will be at a desk secretly having a conference call with Tim Kawakami to spill locker room and front office secrets. Included in this statue will be Jim Tomsula hiding behind the desk whispering dirt on Harbaugh. Across from the desk the statue will portray Paraag making it rain with all the cap money he saved by using analytics to draft dudes with torn ACL's.
This guy
Originally posted by teylo31:
Originally posted by napo:
That crazy fan with the propeller hat.

Damn. You going after banjo man. You must be very young and tell all your friends and family not to walk next to you in a lightning storm

I used to love the banjo man as a kid. Was a huge fan of his. Then about 6 or so years ago he walked by our tailgate at Candlestick when I asked him if he could take a picture with my group of friends. He said it would cost us $5 a person.

f**k that guy. No longer a fan.
How about some of the defensive position coaches. Very unimpressed by the development of our young DBs. Should probably look at making staffing changes in that area at least.
Saleh's not going anywhere...I've said it before, Shanahan really likes him. The bigger issue is he doesn't have the players he needs at some key positions. Buckner's really the only player you can honestly say is a pillar on the DL. Mitchell's had some moments, but he's definitely not who needs to be lining up alongside Buck. D.J. Jones might be, we'll see. Pats' DL Malcolm Brown's a UFA and would be a very good signing. He's big, young & strong and would be a much better compliment to DB. Warner and arguably Foster are the keepers at LB. Malcolm Smith isn't . There are some stud UFA's & Lynch could sign one of 'em...like Preston Smith, Preston Brown, Mosley, Kwon Alexander are all young & experienced. Outside of Sherman, who're the keepers at CB? Witherspoon's pretty iffy at this point. Not sure if anyone read Whitner's grilling of AW today...but, he was on point, basically saying he's letting the offense dictate his defense. That just won't do. It's also a good upcoming UFA market for that position...I really like Cincy's Dennard. He can cover, he can hit, he can tackle. Deone Bucannon's quite the playmaker wherever he lines up...he could well be available. Between FA and the draft, Lynch has to acquire better secondary guys. Bashaud Breeland's another CB with multiple skills. Getting Saleh the guys he needs is the answer...not getting rid of him. If JL ends up with the #1 pick, he needs to trade down & get more picks...he only has 5 total. There are still plenty of holes to fill...if he gets Saleh the right guys on defense, then judge him.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Nov 20, 2018 at 9:29 PM ]
Sadly, Brian Jennings as Sourdough Sam has to go

[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Nov 20, 2018 at 11:01 PM ]
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by napo:
That crazy fan with the propeller hat.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

That dude has been at games ever since I was a kid, and I am over 50 now! He's a f**king legend!
Banjo Man..what a great guy he is, we had some good times together. He'd come by before the game and smoke some weed have a beer and go onhis way. Then since my seats were in Lower east 12 rows from the field at the 40 he'd come down there playin away and get another beer..great times at The Stick'..fook the house of pants..

[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Nov 20, 2018 at 11:53 PM ]
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by boast:
even if Deffense

must be the latte but that was funny a f to me.

Is that what you're calling alcohol now?
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by IGSXIII:

The Smiling Doctor on the cart with Jimmy G should be our scapegoat for the season. He has to be fired!

DUDE, I made a post about this f**king doctor. He's always smiling when one of our guys is down. All he sees are huge dollar signs coming his way.

He must really love this team. Because our strength and conditioning staff have to be the worst in the league. Our entire roster is injured year after year. You have to try to have that many injuries.

I like the smiling doctor. He's probably just trying to have good field side manners.

No particular scape goat this year as it's at least partially due to injuries.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Saleh's not going anywhere...I've said it before, Shanahan really likes him. The bigger issue is he doesn't have the players he needs at some key positions. Buckner's really the only player you can honestly say is a pillar on the DL. Mitchell's had some moments, but he's definitely not who needs to be lining up alongside Buck. D.J. Jones might be, we'll see. Pats' DL Malcolm Brown's a UFA and would be a very good signing. He's big, young & strong and would be a much better compliment to DB. Warner and arguably Foster are the keepers at LB. Malcolm Smith isn't . There are some stud UFA's & Lynch could sign one of 'em...like Preston Smith, Preston Brown, Mosley, Kwon Alexander are all young & experienced. Outside of Sherman, who're the keepers at CB? Witherspoon's pretty iffy at this point. Not sure if anyone read Whitner's grilling of AW today...but, he was on point, basically saying he's letting the offense dictate his defense. That just won't do. It's also a good upcoming UFA market for that position...I really like Cincy's Dennard. He can cover, he can hit, he can tackle. Deone Bucannon's quite the playmaker wherever he lines up...he could well be available. Between FA and the draft, Lynch has to acquire better secondary guys. Bashaud Breeland's another CB with multiple skills. Getting Saleh the guys he needs is the answer...not getting rid of him. If JL ends up with the #1 pick, he needs to trade down & get more picks...he only has 5 total. There are still plenty of holes to fill...if he gets Saleh the right guys on defense, then judge him.

You make a good case for keeping Saleh. I'll add a couple more. Firing him could mean changing to another style of defense which means finding the right players to fit it and then spending at least half a season learning the new terminology. Then there is no guaranty that the new guy will be any better. Getting better players is the key and that is up to the front office. Making changes every year or two rarely is successful. Look around the league and you see teams like the Pats and Steelers that don't make a lot of changes at the top and are usually competitive. They may lose guys who leave to take head coaching jobs but they keep the main core together. The most successful periods in Niner history were the Walsh and Harbaugh eras. You can argue that because they were successful they were not fired and that would be true but it works the other way too. Walsh didn't win his first 2 years but Eddie had faith in him and the 3rd year paid off. Give these guys the time to field a team with players they want and see what the results are if they can stay healthy.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He must really love this team. Because our strength and conditioning staff have to be the worst in the league. Our entire roster is injured year after year. You have to try to have that many injuries.
That guy left to the VIKINGS.......So yeah
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

Dafuq you talking about? Saleh is effing clueless. No offense to him but he was WILDLY unqualified for this job and Kyle had limited choices after the Superbowl. k**e should have upgraded this past off season.
Yeah, that coach Sally has to go, he has taken a scheme lauded for it's simplicity and complicated it to the point where every game there are several plays that the opponents LEADING RECIEVER IS COMPLETLY UNCOVERED!

fire this pencil neck geek now!
Share 49ersWebzone