With a record like ours, it is tradition to select a scape goat, and fire them. Who should

With a record like ours, it is tradition to select a scape goat, and fire them. Who should

Some one has to go, it won't be Kyle or Jon, but it will be someone, the football gods demand a blood sacrifice!
Saleh if we're lucky. Nice guy but he's not cut out to be a DC, at least not right now and we can't wait it out with him. Sure he doesn't have a good Leo and the FS play this year has been suspect but the consistent decline by the young defensive players, the constant miscommunication and breakdowns on defense...something is rotten.

My only worry is who is available to replace him and will that lead to a scheme change and could that bring in its own mental errors and require different types of players versus the ones we've been acquiring over the last 2 seasons?
Originally posted by genus49:
Saleh if we're lucky. Nice guy but he's not cut out to be a DC, at least not right now and we can't wait it out with him. Sure he doesn't have a good Leo and the FS play this year has been suspect but the consistent decline by the young defensive players, the constant miscommunication and breakdowns on defense...something is rotten.

My only worry is who is available to replace him and will that lead to a scheme change and could that bring in its own mental errors and require different types of players versus the ones we've been acquiring over the last 2 seasons?

I think we will be looking at DCs from the George Seifert, Pete Carrol tree
FYI That Sterling guy is untouchable😀
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Nov 15, 2018 at 12:38 PM ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
The defensive staff - not just Saleh. DBs continue to make assignment mistakes, LBs continue to whiff on tackles, and the lack of DL development means we should look VERY closely at upgrading the staff.

The FO seems in sync with the staff on players. Lynch et al are drafting the prototypical players on both sides of the ball for this scheme. And the staff isn't pulling their weight to develop and play to their strengths.

Saleh was a solid transitional DC - he took a horrid D and made them mediocre. And it's not his fault two FOs ignored the ability to address the SAM and LEO positions. He's a good dude and I would not be surprised if ATL picks him up as a LB or even DC in the offseason.

It's time to move on to a DC with more experience and a proven track record of developing players and maximizing their talents to match the scheme.
Jeff Hafley will take the fall.
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
even if Deffense
Originally posted by boast:
even if Deffense

must be the latte but that was funny a f to me.
Feel free to really stretch your minds here...will it be the strength and conditioning coach? Perhaps just the DBs coach? I'm
Not fond of the defensive line coach's work either!

I like the one poster who just said the whole defensive staff!

Also "Even if defense" is a perfectly acceptable answer!
Also like that some one went after Pam from HR

Vance Joseph will be available!
  • napo
  • Veteran
That crazy fan with the propeller hat.
If anyone it will be Saleh, fair or not. He would be the only one I could see being let go and it making any sense.

Any jabber about removing Shanahan or Lynch is ridiculous and can be dismissed outright.

If TPTB can find a suitable replacement for Saleh (and only in that scenario), then go for it.

That said I am not clamoring for his removal, but seeing how pathetic our defense is at times this year I could see why many are clamoring for Saleh's ouster.
Originally posted by napo:
That crazy fan with the propeller hat.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

That dude has been at games ever since I was a kid, and I am over 50 now! He's a f**king legend!
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
If anyone it will be Saleh, fair or not. He would be the only one I could see being let go and it making any sense.

Any jabber about removing Shanahan or Lynch is ridiculous and can be dismissed outright.

If TPTB can find a suitable replacement for Saleh (and only in that scenario), then go for it.

That said I am not clamoring for his removal, but seeing how pathetic our defense is at times this year I could see why many are clamoring for Saleh's ouster.

I like continuity, but players seem to be getting worse not better under his tutelage.

Foster was a wreaking ball, now he's a wreak.

Buckner was explosive now he's a dud!

Witherspoon was a whiz kid, now he's just whiz...

The test will be will Warner suck next season?
Share 49erswebzone