There are 97 users in the forums

With a record like ours, it is tradition to select a scape goat, and fire them. Who should

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨

With a record like ours, it is tradition to select a scape goat, and fire them. Who should

F*ck Pam...
I know this thread was created in jest, but I think the correct answer should unequivocally be our training staff, strength and conditioning staff, and all medical professionals. Every last one of them needs to be fired.
Pam's gotta go!
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I know this thread was created in jest, but I think the correct answer should unequivocally be our training staff, strength and conditioning staff, and all medical professionals. Every last one of them needs to be fired.

Only half in jest, so one will have to go this offseason if not sooner. I'm no longer in the Robert Salehs oaky camp, I don't think he has what it takes, but I respect the thoughts of others here at the 'Zone, and wanted to hear their opinions.

The poll is for laughs, but the rest is all serious!
Maybe this is a good place to drop a question I have been having - how good of a defensive back coach is Jeff Hafley? What we see of the secondary during games is not good at all a lot of the time - except Sherman, of course. How much of a role does Hafley play in that? Should Shanahan be looking for someone else for next year?
Joan in payroll
saleh's here for at least another full season. unfortunately.
The Yorks should abdicate.
The judges will also except "the training staff" as an answer!
Seeing veteran players mess up, and reacting to their mess ups while the play is still in progress is enough for me to not blame Saleh yet. Looking at you Marsh and Malcom

Originally posted by GEEK:
The defensive staff - not just Saleh. DBs continue to make assignment mistakes, LBs continue to whiff on tackles, and the lack of DL development means we should look VERY closely at upgrading the staff.

The FO seems in sync with the staff on players. Lynch et al are drafting the prototypical players on both sides of the ball for this scheme. And the staff isn't pulling their weight to develop and play to their strengths.

Saleh was a solid transitional DC - he took a horrid D and made them mediocre. And it's not his fault two FOs ignored the ability to address the SAM and LEO positions. He's a good dude and I would not be surprised if ATL picks him up as a LB or even DC in the offseason.

It's time to move on to a DC with more experience and a proven track record of developing players and maximizing their talents to match the scheme.

Agree wholeheartedly. The other possible is the caliber of guys we are hiring on D...players, that is. I am done with this D coaching staff...all of them. But i wonder if we have been drafting or FAing guys who have learning impairment. DBs especially, DEs, also; the constant confusion on D is always placed at the feet of the coaching staff, as well it should be. But have we been acquiring guys who just can't learn? 4 or 5 yrs in, Ariik busts thru the OL and then has trouble finding the QB. And it happens a lot. Sure we have a number of guys playing out of position on the DL, and truly we have no real DEs. Not good ones, anyway. And i am not talking about wunderlick smarts. I am talking about football smarts. Take Reuben, for example. The guy is fantastic at reading plays. But name another (besides Buck) who can do that (Ok, Sherm is one). But aside from that, do we have others that have football smarts? I wonder.

That doesn't mean we should keep any of the current D staff at yrs end, but are we looking at the football IQ of those we draft or FA? If not we sure should be.

The Smiling Doctor on the cart with Jimmy G should be our scapegoat for the season. He has to be fired!
Originally posted by IGSXIII:

The Smiling Doctor on the cart with Jimmy G should be our scapegoat for the season. He has to be fired!

DUDE, I made a post about this f**king doctor. He's always smiling when one of our guys is down. All he sees are huge dollar signs coming his way.
We need a name for this smiling doctor
Curb Your Jimmy G
Share 49erswebzone