There are 298 users in the forums

Your favorite Niners that weren't very good

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by kelson49er:
A few more, as a I stroll through memory lane:

- Isaac Sopoaga
- Justin Smiley
- Tony Parrish

All good players and not deserving of the "Weren't very good" label.
Nate Davis

I still have wet dreams about that pass he threw against Minnesota in the preseason that one year
Originally posted by IGSXIII:
Oh, also William Floyd, especially after his play in the drive against GB that resulted in The Catch II

Aren't you thinking of Marc Edwards? Floyd was gone after '94, right?

And he was awesome
I want to pick Marcus Lattimore, but he wasn't a bad player, just screwed by his injury.

I also was a big fan of Maurice Hicks and Mike Rumph.
But #1was Troy Smith.that guy was fun to watch,especially when he threw for like 370yards against the Rams.
Ahmed Plummer, did have a great year, but then fell off and retired early.

Brandon Lloyd, Shaun Hill, Jeff Ulbrich (but he was a pretty good player) Eric Johnson (had a couple decent years)
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Manny Lawson is a good one.
William Floyd - good, but not for long.
Alex Smith goes without saying. Solid dude.

Good list minus Floyd. He was never the same after his injury.

Lawson never was that good for where he was picked, but he was funny, tried hard and wa a solid dude.

Alex went from hot trash to decent game manager to top 10 QB (IMO) after leaving the Niners. Role model citizen and team player. For all the crap he took by the .org and the fans (we want Carr!) he never reacted negatively. Should be nicknamed Saint Smith!

I was also a fan of Jamie Windborn ever since his 14 tackle game against the Giants. Too bad he never improved from there.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 26, 2018 at 11:50 AM ]
I thought Gabe Wilkins was such an awesome FA pick up. Him and Winfred Tubbs. I thought those 2 FA pick ups were Uuuge. Turns out they were both kinda meh, especially Wilkins.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Terry Kirby
Derek Deese

Kirby was a stud 3rd down back when that was a specialty, doesn't belong in the "not very good" category imo.
agree, kirby was the guy who finally saved out run game, sure he was not a 1000 yard rusher but man. at least he took pressure off of young
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
A few more, as a I stroll through memory lane:

- Isaac Sopoaga
- Justin Smiley
- Tony Parrish

All good players and not deserving of the "Weren't very good" label.
my goodness. esp tony
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Good list minus Floyd. He was never the same after his injury.

Lawson never was that good for where he was picked, but he was funny, tried hard and wa a solid dude.

Alex went from hot trash to decent game manager to top 10 QB (IMO) after leaving the Niners. Role model citizen and team player. For all the crap he took by the .org and the fans (we want Carr!) he never reacted negatively. Should be nicknamed Saint Smith!

I was also a fan of Jamie Windborn ever since his 14 tackle game against the Giants. Too bad he never improved from there.
he was traded cuz he punched nolan in the eye which was the reason nolan wore shades. or so says nolannonsense

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'll give you old schoolers one guess!!!!

oj? spurrier? i did like spurrier. led us into the playoffs then choked. ok i could go jim plunket who was decent in 76 with the run game we had with delvin and wilbur plus the gold rush
CJ Beat Hard
  • jcs
  • Veteran
I thought Gabe Wilkins was such an awesome FA pick up. Him and Winfred Tubbs. I thought those 2 FA pick ups were Uuuge. Turns out they were both kinda meh, especially Wilkins.
Hey Tubbs was a good pickup. Made a probowl and put up decent numbers.
Jose Cortez, Maurice Hicks, Keith Lewis
Paul Hofer from the 80's. He was a small back with minimal talent but he gave it everything he had. He was a fan favorite and you would frequently hear cries of "give it to Hofer" in our section.
Share 49ersWebzone