LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Your favorite Niners that weren't very good

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Marcus Rush had a following on here a few years back.
Manny Lawson is a good one.
William Floyd - good, but not for long.
Alex Smith goes without saying. Solid dude.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
I enjoyed watching Jamie Winborn...he could never stay healthy but when he was he could rack up the tackles.
Originally posted by jcs:
I enjoyed watching Jamie Winborn...he could never stay healthy but when he was he could rack up the tackles.

A linebacker ahead of his time, re: the ultra-fast guy who could cover and stay on the field for 3rd down. Also, an alumnus of my college - there's (probably) still a big framed picture of him in the athletic complex.
A few more, as a I stroll through memory lane:

- Isaac Sopoaga
- Justin Smiley
- Tony Parrish
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'll give you old schoolers one guess!!!!
Originally posted by lamontb:
Terry Kirby
Derek Deese

Kirby was a stud 3rd down back when that was a specialty, doesn't belong in the "not very good" category imo.
[ Edited by WINiner on Oct 26, 2018 at 11:20 AM ]
I liked Marc Edwards. He didn't really amount to much but always liked him anyway.
Jarryd Hayne
Jim Drunkenmiller

My first jersey was Manny Lawson(mostly cuz i didn't want to get a Willis jersey like everyone else)

He was never "awful" but he was definitely disappointing. I thought he was going to be our answer as a pass rusher....sad thing is it may be deja vu with Solomon Thomas
Alex left being pretty good..but he sucked most of the time here, so I'll go with Alex.

Keena Turner, Derek Smith, Lance Shulters, Chike Okeafor Jeff Ulbrich and Eric Johnson and Dana Stubblefield. I know some of these guys had 1 amazing year, but for the most part...bleh.

Does Wendell Tyler count? I mean the dude could run like a beast and then drop the rock like a baby.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Oct 26, 2018 at 11:11 AM ]
Shaun Hill. Below average talent with a noodle arm , but had the heart of a warrior
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Oct 26, 2018 at 11:12 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
one of my fav niners for a while was jamie winborn who turned out not to be good. old school. i would go bruce taylor. in his defense. he was sposed to be jimmy johnson but that was unfair to bruce. my all time favorite 49er which sounds odd but it was cedrick hardman.. he was dang good! tony cline.. i was thrilled when we got him from oakland but he turned out not to be good
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Alex left being pretty good..but he sucked most of the time here, so I'll go with Alex.

Keena Turner, Derek Smith, Lance Shulters, Chike Okeafor Jeff Ulbrich and Eric Johnson and Dana Stubblefield. I know some of these guys had 1 amazing year, but for the most part...bleh.

Does Wendell Tyler count? I mean the dude could run like a beast and then drop the rock like a baby.
jeff was pretty good for more than one year?
Share 49ersWebzone