Buy49ers NFC Champions and Super Bowl LIV gear

There are 145 users in the forums

State of the Team, Roster Analysis, & Needs

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
Ill give you the state of the team. They suck and will continue to suck until new ownership arrives.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
9ers would get whooped by Alabama right now.

I'd take that bet.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Nice post and stout analysis. Agree on most fronts. We need a #1 WR - not necessarily a red zone WR. We need a new TO, Antonio Brown, Diggs type receiver to draw attention. We've been lacking that type of player for 15 years now.

Some FA options to keep an eye on for your positional needs:

Pass Rush: Ziggy Ansah, D-Law (likely to be franchised), Dante Fowler, Clay Matthews, Jadeveon Clowney, Frank Clark, Shane Ray, Dee Ford

Receiver: Donte Moncrief, Quincy Enunwa, Golden Tate, Tyrell Williams, Devin Funchess

Safety: Tyrann Mathieu, Earl Thomas, LaMarcus Joyner, Landon Collins, Haha Clinton-Dix, Kareem Jackson

Guard: John Greco, Mike Person, Mitch Morse, Billy Turner, Matt Paradis, Andy Levitre, Chance Warmack, Max Garcia

SAM/LB: C.J. Mosley, Shaquill Barrett, Anthony Barr, Vincent Ray, K.J. Wright, Preston Brown - along with the Pass Rush folks mentioned above.

Running Back: Le'Veon Bell, Tevin Coleman, T.J. Yeldon, Rod Smith, Ty Montgomery

Tackle: Cam Fleming, Jake Fisher, Seantrel Henderson, T.J. Clemmings

Tight End: Jesse James, Geoff Swaim, Maxx Williams, C.J. Uzomah

Don't we already this Person? Mike Person to be exact
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
9ers would get whooped by Appalachian state right now.

Fixed
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
You know, like many of us here, I am a highly emotional fan prone to outbursts on gameday and making emotional accusations or indictments of the team in the heat of the moment. However, knowing this, I find it is good to take time to reflect, dive deep, and take a full, detailed look at what is really happening to see if it's really as bad as we think it is.

The fact of the matter is, Lynch and Shanahan have hit on a lot of picks and UDFA players in these two first off seasons. I have, at minimum, seen promising things from all of this year's class, and last year the only obvious miss is Joe Williams. Outside of that, at worst, Thomas is disappointing but it's still too early (five games into year two) to say he's anything close to a failure or bust.

We just need to make more effective moves in free agency going forward. I get what we're going for. We want to establish the young core so we can set up the team for long term success once it's finally rebuilt, ideally by next year. But free agency is where you get those established guys to be bookends to that core group. We missed there.

I think we probably would've liked to see the team upgrade the supporting cast on offense more but I'll concede the team may not have expected Garcon's drop-off and couldn't see the future as far as the injuries to McKinnon, Goodwin, Trent Taylor, and Pettis.

Again, we were one play away in three games this year from being 4-1 instead of 1-4.

Nailed it.....And pretty damn close to being five a no. So we better be rewarded with a top draft pick and some great free agency moves
Originally posted by NCommand:
I like this kind of positivity!

Thanks and I appreciate your positivity as well. I see it as not so much being positive but that is just reality. All these negative Nancy's can say what they want but injuries aside We arent in bad shape at all compared to the rest of the NFC. Look at how lacking the Saints or Falcons or bears or Detroit or Green Bay is. We easily could've been a wildcard team this year
[ Edited by elguapo on Oct 12, 2018 at 5:49 PM ]
Here's my draft.
Pass rush
Pass rush
Pass rush
Running back
Pass rush
Pass rush
Pass rush

That's all seven rounds
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Here's my draft.
Pass rush
Pass rush
Pass rush
Running back
Pass rush
Pass rush
Pass rush

That's all seven rounds

our receivers are overrated.

Old man garcon can't catch or separate. One year wonder Trent Taylor with his back problems. Goodwin always hurt.

unless Pettis lights it up rest of the season, we're in some deep s**t. And this FA class for receivers are meh......we can go for Golden Tate I guess.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
our receivers are overrated.

Old man garcon can't catch or separate. One year wonder Trent Taylor with his back problems. Goodwin always hurt.

unless Pettis lights it up rest of the season, we're in some deep s**t. And this FA class for receivers are meh......we can go for Golden Tate I guess.

Does Tate play on the outside often? I was hoping we would get a free agent receiver but if he's the best in next year's class then that sucks
Pass rush > G > WR > RB
[ Edited by ilikecheerleaders on Oct 13, 2018 at 11:10 AM ]

Originally posted by stonecold590:
Originally posted by stefano89:
how many f**king threads do we need about the same thing. we dont need a new thread every week examining everything thats already been examined on here.

Then don't read it. Pretty simple fix for you. This happened to be a very good post that was extremely in-depth.

Ditto!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
State of Team: Worst in the NFL
Roster: Decimated by injuries
Needs: Pass rusher (#1 priority by a wide margin), CB, WR
Outlook: Considering we may be the worst team in the league, our outlook is actually pretty good. We should have a top 5 pick and with the bevy of outstanding pass rushers coming, our "loser schedule" next year, and the inevitable cap hell the Rams will go through after this year, we could easily go from worst to first in the division.

Good and accurate post!

Thanks.
Schefter thinks we're on track and I agree

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/10/13/17972348/adam-schefter-knbr-interview-49ers-roster-rebuild-john-lynch-kyle-shanahan
I was surprised that Garcon fell off the cliff. M Smith, I always thought was an odd signing.

I think there are a lot of high priced guys that they are going to have to be shed without creating a bunch of dead money. I have also been a bit disappointed that Lynch never seems to be able to move players for picks, which looks like it's showing up next year.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Besides the obvious and most urgent need, we also better get back up offensive tackles (draft and/or FA)...Staley is old, McGlinch is dope, but we don't have any decent back ups.

Both our tackles are playing through injuries right now. Person and Mag mostly back up the guard/center. We'll need tackles.
Share 49erswebzone