There are 181 users in the forums

⛏ SF 49ERS @ GB PACKERS 🧀 GAMEDAY Thread - 2018 Season Week 6

Shop Find 49ers gear online

⛏ SF 49ERS @ GB PACKERS 🧀 GAMEDAY Thread - 2018 Season Week 6

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by swaccmac1:
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
1-5

yeah but, if we can somehow beat the rams on sunday, we have the cardinals giants and raiders back to back .... we could easily be 5-5 lol !!!!!

If we won those tight games earlier we'd be undefeated.

yeah ... and we have a chance in every game left on the schedule except at the rams in week seventeen and they might not be playing for anything .... niners win 10 in a row to finish the season and have a quarterback controversy to boot lol !!!!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I think both our coaches fell to the Montana Effect. The Montana Effect is when coaches facing great QBs with a history of last minut heroics, panic and get cute.

With 1:45 and three time outs, our run game was on fire, the O-line has dominated all night, we come out throwing, looking for a touch down when a field goal would do.

Then when that failed, and CJ tossed the pick, our defense goes soft, abandoning the strategy that was working, out of fear they would get carved up, and they ofcourse go carved up.

If we ran on first down, stayed on schedule, used our run game and time outs, we could have killed the clock, and set up a game winning FG try, and Rodgers would have never got off the bench, but they, like many coaches panicked, the Montana Effect.

The run game stalled after that goal line stop...GB knew we were gonna run. They were stacking the box and blitzing with about 8 mins to go. They dared CJ to throw the ball, which he was doing very effectively.

Having 3 timeouts helps us run the clock out? It's funny if Kyle ran the ball 15 times in the 4th (and didn't get any 1st Downs) people would be b***hing he wasn't being aggressive like he was for the 1st 3 QRs.

It was 3rd and 3 and they were all out blitzing on the GB 46, you don't run there. We're too far from a FG and if they get a first game over. Worst case the INT and it's basically a punt on the 15.

Defense has to stop GB with a min left and no TOs. Plain and simple. Offense can't do everything.

As long as SF keeps losing the turnover battle they aren't gonna win. Just not talented enough right now.

No, of course it doesn't, it allows you to run the ball AS YOU run out the clock, WITHOUT WORRYING about running out of time to KICK THE GAME WINNER

We got stuffed running between the tackles late on the goal line, not our forte`. The out side zone, and short passing game would have been fine, burned time, call a time out, kick the game winner, grab a beer on the flight home!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SupremeLeader16:
That's why we drafted him though. We didn't spend a 7 overall pick just to be a body on the d line. He's 6'8" and suppose to be disruptive. He only had one tackle against the chargers and two last night including a sack he wasn't even blocked on.

Dude he's got 4 and a 1/2 sacks this yr and is 2nd in the league in QB pressure among all DT, he's got a 1/2 sack more than Campbell and Donald right now. What he's doing right now is exactly what being disruptive is at DT.

Throw in he's got zero help on the edge to push QBs up in the pocket and is getting doubled all day.

Open your eyes dude. He's an elite DT, if you don't think so I don't know what to tell...ya you got unrealistic expectations.

Hes not elite. He's average at best. He disappears during games line he did against San Diego and Arizona. Last night he had only 1 solo tackle that came on a sack where he wasn't even blocked. He gets pushed off the line. He runs right past ball carriers and he loses one on one matchups because plays to high and lets lineman get under his pads. People don't game plan against him. He makes one play then gets lost for like 7 plays. I don't know what makes you guys think he's so great.

And how much help does the guy need? He has two other first rounders on that d line. What does he need a while line and back ups of first rounders so he can something? Quit basing everything on that trash pff site. Does it take into account how many times he runs past plays? Or how many times he gets washed out of plays? How bout how many times gets blown off the line? If they had those stats he would lead in all of em.
I think the Raiders and Giants are worse than us which means Bosa will probably end up on the Raiders fml
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I think the Raiders and Giants are worse than us which means Bosa will probably end up on the Raiders fml

Even if the Raiders get the #1 pick, they might take Ed Oliver.

But eh, this game didn't really change my mind that much. Raiders still have a good shot at winning.
Still bummed. I know our season was over weeks ago and we were expected to get blown out but we should have won .

On the bright side, let's go get Bosa.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

You might be right.

You know what that also means, the 9ers will be handing them one more loss closer to Bosa too.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
lol,dude, you can be frustrated without getting ridiculous. Beathard looks like a damn good backup QB but he's not a legit franchise QB and it showed late in the game, it showed when he had a wide open Breida and he forced it to Bourne instead. He certainly played well enough but when you take on Rodgers, you have to be able to keep the offense going. Its not a BS excuse to point that out. If he has to come into a game late or start a game or two I won't be worried in the future but he's not consistent enough to be a starter long term.

No Morris due to injuries, Breida clearly wasn't himself and Mostert is great when there are wide open holes but when the Packers started crashing down on the run, he wasn't able to break free.

It sucks that they weren't able to pull it out in the end but there was definitely some good stuff in this game and valuable experience for some of the younger players.

Phoenix we're going to have to agree to disagree about this one because injuries don't make people miss tackles, drop passes, fumble, run wrong routes, put LBs on the opposing best WR, etc. etc. etc. I'm so tired of this excuse that you need a FQB your full starting compliment in pristine health to win a regular season game. The game started as it usually does, the defense immediately spots the opposing team 7, not because of injuries, but it's the same s**tty cast of starters making the same s**tty mistakes, but again.... injuries right? I didn't think Ward was injured. Maybe he was.

Experience is only valuable if you're learning from your mistakes. Are we? Not really.
Ok, now that I've somewhat gathered myself from last night . . . . .

I agree NinerGM. In THIS game injurys didn't lose it for us. Greg Mabin did!! He got targeted 3 straight times - THREE STRAIGHT TIMES - no matter what side he was lined up on. I mean, in that last drive it was obvious they were looking for #26. He should not be on this roster. He should be cut forthwith. Also, our #3 pick overall isn't being used properly at all. I mean, why the fuk was he drafted, especially at a position we already had somewhat of a surplus - interior D-lineman? I won't call him a bust, but I will say that was a wasted pick.
The last two games have been immensely infuriating!!!!!

I'm tired of loosing. I'm tired of the excuses. I'm tired of the sh!tty talent on the roster, now through 3 straight coaching staffs post JH. I'm tired of the fukkin turnovers. I'm tired of seeing missed tackles. I'm tired of the consistent lack of the passrush. I'm tired of the bungled situational football. I'm tired of loosing games that we dominated in the trenches. I'm so fukking tired of the stretches of heart breaking games lost by 3 points or less. I'm so tired of the piss-poor clock management game after game! I'm sick and tired of moral victories.

My levels of frustrations are so high I can barely work effectively today
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Ok, now that I've somewhat gathered myself from last night . . . . .

I agree NinerGM. In THIS game injurys didn't lose it for us. Greg Mabin did!! He got targeted 3 straight times - THREE STRAIGHT TIMES - no matter what side he was lined up on. I mean, in that last drive it was obvious they were looking for #26. He should not be on this roster. He should be cut forthwith. Also, our #3 pick overall isn't being used properly at all. I mean, why the fuk was he drafted, especially at a position we already had somewhat of a surplus - interior D-lineman? I won't call him a bust, but I will say that was a wasted pick.
The last two games have been immensely infuriating!!!!!

I'm tired of loosing. I'm tired of the excuses. I'm tired of the sh!tty talent on the roster, now through 3 straight coaching staffs post JH. I'm tired of the fukkin turnovers. I'm tired of seeing missed tackles. I'm tired of the consistent lack of the passrush. I'm tired of the bungled situational football. I'm tired of loosing games that we dominated in the trenches. I'm so fukking tired of the stretches of heart breaking games lost by 3 points or less. I'm so tired of the piss-poor clock management game after game! I'm sick and tired of moral victories.

My levels of frustrations are so high I can barely work effectively today

If this is you being "gathered" I would've loved to have read your post last night when you weren't
  • bud49
  • Veteran
I thought the D line and defense actually played well last night including Thomas. TO's is what killed this team last night.

im all in on being aggressive to get top tier secondary talent. Use Shem to get Earl to come here, trade for Patrick Peterson. also draft the highest rated Edge rusher available.
This freaking game had me running around and shouting like a fool. Still sad, mad, happy, frustrated, pleased, etc over it.

Freaken niners man. Game was right there for the taking. Everyone was overlooking us.

Garrap would of given us a 3 point win. CJ? 3 point loss.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bitplayer:
This freaking game had me running around and shouting like a fool. Still sad, mad, happy, frustrated, pleased, etc over it.

Freaken niners man. Game was right there for the taking. Everyone was overlooking us.

I feel you. Had my blood pressure all over the place.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
We lost the game because Jimmy G tore his ACL.

In late game situations a franchise QB makes all of the difference. Jimmy doesn't get rattled with a zero blitz and miss wide open guys on the blitz beaters. With Jimmy, Shanny doesn't call conservative runs deep in our own territory so as to not put too much on the young backup QB (which is the right thing to do). With Jimmy defenses don't load the box to win the game.

Like 99% of NFL teams would be, our season ended that fateful Sunday in KC when Jimmy tried to get cute and blew his knee out. The best we can do is relish in the fact that we're giving teams everything they can handle at half strength. We also have a superstar wideout that can take over games in Marquise Goodwin. We have a potentially superstar RB in Matt Breida, a beast of a tight end and one of the best offensive lines in the NFL.

Feel good in the fact that with Nick Bosa on this defense and a ton of money in the bank, we're not only talking about a 2019 playoff run, we're talking about a deep playoff run.

This is the best case scenario considering that we were barely a 500 team this season even with Jimmy. Let's continue to give teams the booty sweats until we can come back full strength.

Relax. Do not panic. I know we're sick of sucking and watching the team lose is hard, but we lost our FQB. There's not much teams can do when this happens.

I was on the "Fire Saleh" bandwagon, but when he actually started scheming blitzes, the D line looked scary. Hopefully he learned something and will be that aggressive in the future. The secondary is the secondary. They get burned if we don't blitz and they will get burned when we do. Time for the dudes to learn and grow.

Huh? We had money and a decent draft pick this year and look what happened? We had money to at least sign Malcom butler and maybe mo Wilkerson too. And honestly I don't know why we picked mcglinchy. We should've just kept Trent brown. He's beastin it out in New England protecting Brady's blind side. Then we could've traded down the pick for more and got Derwin James. So may missed opportunities making me think baalke still running things lol.
  • Stud
Originally posted by HERN:
Originally posted by Bitplayer:

I feel you. Had my blood pressure all over the place.

What pisses me off is we moved the ball all game long except when we needed it, the final 3 drives. 3 and out, 3 and out, interception. That last drive was infuriating. After the 15 yard penalty by GB we only needed like 20 yards for a field goal and we couldn't even get it.
Share 49ersWebzone