There are 127 users in the forums

Team Conditioning Concerns

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
I know this is the NFL and all teams face injuries but the 49ers are getting killed. Starters are falling like flies. Does any have a reasonable explanation for this?
Soft training camp, if you believe most WZ posters here. And I kind of do at this point. Grant Cohn was probably right.
[ Edited by Ensatsu on Oct 1, 2018 at 8:55 AM ]
Football is a contact sport. Men get hurt.
As of this morning, the top 5 order of the NFL draft would be:

1. Cardinals
2. 49ers
3. Raiders
4. Jets
5. Giants
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Soft training camp, if you believe most WZ posters here. And I kind of do at this point. Grant Cohn was probably right.

A harder camp would have had them get injured before the real games ever started. The Rams did not play any of their starters at all in pre season. If GC is right about anything, I guess a blind squirrel ...

It's a concern but at the same time, it is a brutal sport.
Bring back this guy

Originally posted by Ensatsu:

This is my thought as well along with a lack of understanding by the players to maintain a certain level of health both diet and physical. There is no question it is a physical sport but the injuries by the 49ers seems loop sided. Just watching the game yesterday, we had aleast 5-6 injury timeouts, the Chargers had zero.
Originally posted by LarryLestersBuns:
A harder camp would have had them get injured before the real games ever started. The Rams did not play any of their starters at all in pre season. If GC is right about anything, I guess a blind squirrel ...

I thought Cohn's comments about how Harbaugh used to run his training camps a bit harder were pretty interesting. At the time, I took it with a grain of salt. But now, I am beginning to have some questions.....
Stop making threads about conditioning... You're just going to get the clowns that say "Nah bro... they happen to all teams" "Next man up" blah blah blah.... this team needs to be worked harder... these injuries are f**king outrageous. Every play is either an injury or a penalty.

Our entire team is injured. QB, RB, LT, WR, S, CB... DC is injured mentally..
[ Edited by Stevec9932 on Oct 1, 2018 at 9:17 AM ]

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Bring back this guy

Conditioning may help win games in the 4th quarter but it doesn't prevent knee damage. It's just bad breaks. Maybe next year we will stay relatively healthy and be able to win 8-10 games. You really can't do much to strengthen a ligament without surgery. Sometimes they are actually stronger after surgery (Frank Gore). The rehab afterward is all about regaining muscle strength and flexibility. We lost our QB and starting RB on non contact injuries Kyle must feel like he is snake bit.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Bring back this guy

Wasn't he replaced for all the injuries to the 2016 team? He was here for the Kelly season, a season in which 19 players went on IR.
[ Edited by captveg on Oct 1, 2018 at 9:22 AM ]
Originally posted by captveg:
Wasn't he replaced for all the injuries to the 2016 team? He was here for the Kelly season, a season in which 19 players went in IR.

might surpass that this year.
Walsh and DeBartolo sold the soul of this franchise for a dynasty!!!!!! The curse is real!!!!!
Share 49erswebzone