LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Tanking?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Tanking?

Originally posted by dj43:
Nobody is going to tank.

First of all, these are professional players with their future on the line. If they fail here, especially if there is any suspicion of tanking, they won't get a job anywhere else.

Second, the last thing Kyle wants in what is only the 2nd year of the rebuilding process, is to give even the slightest hint of being willing to settle for anything less than the best from his players.

tanking.

Agreed.

I feel like this at the thought of tanking.
No. Only losers lose to win. Winners win to win.
Again I will say that it's fine for fans to want a higher draft pick. Never for the players or coaches. They had to put a rule in the NBA to prevent tanking because it worked so well.
yep
Nobody is going to tank.

First of all, these are professional players with their future on the line. If they fail here, especially if there is any suspicion of tanking, they won't get a job anywhere else.

Second, the last thing Kyle wants in what is only the 2nd year of the rebuilding process, is to give even the slightest hint of being willing to settle for anything less than the best from his players.

tanking.

This. All day, everyday. To me, it's not even a question - you always compete to the best of your best abilities with the goal being to win.
Not okay with deliberate tanking, however, I am okay with losing with class on the way to a good draft slot.

As long as a Jimmy G comes back from his injury the benefit to the roster (given good draft positioning) that a losing record will provide us could be immeasurable.

Will we have a bad enough record to nab Bosa? Probably not, but we need some edge rushers and we'll get somebody who can walk in and take Marsh's job.
Nobody is going to tank.

tanking.

Competitive tanking

Worked out well for the 6ers
I mean its who would you rather have Solomon Thomas or Myles Garrett?
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
There not going to have to tank. The injuries and the lack of discipline will take care of matters.
Originally posted by Debryune:
Nobody is going to tank.

tanking.

Agreed.

I feel like this at the thought of tanking.

Me too, 100%.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I mean its who would you rather have Solomon Thomas or Myles Garrett?

For me, I want to see how well the coaches coach and the players play. If the expected win is 2 to 4 wins, then if they get that, it means our coaches and players are average. If they get 8 wins, it means our coaches and players are better than we thought. In other words tanking just prevents us from really finding out how good the team really is and how bad or good the coaches are. I think our coaches can get possibly 6 wins, but we won't really know that if they just all tank.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
if we lose the next 3 or 5 games in a row, then I'm rooting to tank. until then, we're 1-2, and still have a shot to do well. too early to call for tanking.

We can still be at 500 come bye week

Raiders. Giants. Cards all winnable
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Nobody is going to tank.

tanking.

This. All day, everyday. To me, it's not even a question - you always compete to the best of your best abilities with the goal being to win.

You guys are right but It's naive to think that tanking for better draft positioning in the NFL doesn't exist, especially once teams have no shot at the playoffs
Tanking isnt really an option so much as this team just isnt good
Share 49ersWebzone