LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 143 users in the forums

Week 1 2018 - Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Don't forget the run game sucks. If teams dont respect the run, they will put pressure on Jimmy all year.

whether its the line or the backs. 36 said nothing wrong
Bingo.

And once Garnett went down, their DC started attacking that right side. Smart.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
You left out the part where Jimmy G single handedly cost us the game by throwing perfect passes to the other team.
Originally posted by susweel:
You left out the part where Jimmy G single handedly cost us the game by throwing perfect passes to the other team.

Total BS and sheer trolling for effect.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by English:

Look at his stat 45 qb rating, 3 picks, less than 50 % completion rate. The defense played well enough to win. Our $137 million qb cost us the game.
[ Edited by susweel on Sep 10, 2018 at 10:48 AM ]

He hit up the Garoppolo thread as well
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Don't forget the run game sucks. If teams dont respect the run, they will put pressure on Jimmy all year.

Run game might improve if we can figure out the RG situation and these guys start to grow/gel together. Let's not forget the Vikes we're the second best Run D last year and their was no drop-off in talent.

Hopefully we can improve our ability to move the ball on the ground.
Let's not forget Vikings were 7-1 at home

Look at his stat 45 qb rating, 3 picks, less than 50 % completion rate. The defense played well enough to win. Our $137 million cost us the game.

I know....it's was terrible of him making Kittles Drop that explosive and making Bourne run the wrong route. You think he did this on purpose? I hope Grant Cohn gets to the bottom of this.

Come to think of it....if you watch the film real close it was Jimmy that stripped the ball from Alfred. That son of a b***h.....
[ Edited by Niners816 on Sep 10, 2018 at 10:51 AM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners816:

Look at his stat 45 qb rating, 3 picks, less than 50 % completion rate. The defense played well enough to win. Our $137 million cost us the game.

I know....it's was terrible of him making Kittles Drop that explosive and making Bourne run the wrong route. You think he did this on purpose? I hope Grant Cohn gets to the bottom of this.

Also Jimmy's fault that Garcon let the ball bounce off his hands and Jimmy made Morris fumble on the goal line.

Originally posted by NCommand:
The best thing that came from this game is Sherman holding throughout an entire route, making a PBU and not getting called for it!

Originally posted by pd24:
Petis Needs to start. He is going to be a problem for teams.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
We should have won that game but blew our 9/10 opportunities to make plays that were there.

Still, this Vikings team was #1 in defense and #10 in offense last year. We opened on the road against them and minus the pick six, we probably wind up winning that game.

Have to fix this by next week.

All of this!!! If we make the playoffs and remain somewhat healthy we can win it all. I think sb next year is a very realistic scenario. However this year if we are rolling by playoff time anything goes
1. Niners kind of stuck it to themselves yesterday with all the miscues. That happens in week 1 and it doesn't help having to play one of the top teams at their place.
Alfred Morris fumble on the 1 was costly. Could have 10-10 going into the half.

2. Jimmy's Ints weren't good but maybe they never happen if a couple of plays before we execute. The play before the pick six, Kittle dropped a big pass. Would have set up a different field position. I think tat happened a bunch yesterday.

3. Solomon jumping yesterday looked bad but many other guys on the Dline appeared to jump, not just him.

4. I think for all the miscues we had, to still have a chance at the end was a little surprising. Hopefully we clean up the mistakes because are next 3 are still difficult games.

5. this is from a webzone article but it's my biggest takeaway of the game: "Tackle Garry Gilliam played because injuries to Mike Person and Joshua Garnett forced rookie Mike McGlinchey to play right guard. Gilliam took McGlinchey's spot at right tackle. He allowed a sack, a hit, and three hurries in 24 pass blocking snaps."
- That and Goodwin not playing much kind of changes a lot of play calling on the offensive side of the ball.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:
Also Jimmy's fault that Garcon let the ball bounce off his hands and Jimmy made Morris fumble on the goal line.

is it trolling to say i think kyle caused the fumble with play calling.. shirley when the first run did not work. kyle could have come up with SOMETHING
One more comment. I blame this loss on Coyle as much as anyone. The guy is a special teamed for a reason and that is the only coaching play I didn't like besides not giving Pettis more playing time until the Goodwin injury.

All we needed was 1 or 2 more drives despite all the errors and we win. Last time I checked Coyle was giving up 1st downs like they were going out of style. Kirk third down runs were inexcusable and Coyle as bad as it sounds when he went down I was somewhat relieved. I want him off the team. Lee is better. Coyle reminds me of a slower Derek Smith....but worse.
Originally posted by cciowa:
is it trolling to say i think kyle caused the fumble with play calling.. shirley when the first run did not work. kyle could have come up with SOMETHING

he cannot come up with anything since our receivers are too small and can't box out defenders in tight spaces.
Share 49ersWebzone