LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Greg Papa - 49ers' play-by-play caller

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Here's the latest. I guess we wait for the next shoe to drop.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/17/report-brent-musberger-will-take-over-as-raiders-radio-announcer/
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jul 17, 2018 at 3:55 PM ]
Would love Papa......Fitzgerald's been sucking up to Jed for years........it would be awesome if Papa got him back 20 years later..
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I need some goddamn Papa/Robinson news.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Viperboy:
Would love Papa......Fitzgerald's been sucking up to Jed for years........it would be awesome if Papa got him back 20 years later..

Yeah, I believe Fitzgerald took the Warriors TV job behind Papa's back. I think there's some built up atomicity there.
I'd like him...he's better than teddy ballgame lol never shoulda replaced starkey "what a bonanza!!"
Originally posted by 9er4lyphe:
Hearing Papa scream out, "TOUCHDOOOOOOWWWWWWNNNNN NINERS!!" on the radio will get some getting use to.

"Touchdown 49ers!!!" Would sound better
The whole Ray Rice situation where he was forced by the Organization to apologize for comments he made gave him this spineless impression. If Ted Robinson stood his ground he may have lost a job but gained respect.
FOOK tha raiders
Greg Papa is officially no longer employed by the Raiders.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I don't think the 49ers would move on from Ted Robinson, nor bring in Papa. Ted does a good job of being a voice for the 49ers in more ways than just calling the game. And Papa is just too much of a raider to make him the voice of the 49ers, IMO.

I agree. I like Papa's work on CSN Bay Area for the Dubs but I would prefer they keep Robinson as Niners play by play guy. He is a respected announcer and does a good job. I just dont see him getting dumped

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Being the 49ers host on CSN Bay Area would be the perfect job for Papa.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
not a papa fan, but i wouldn't mind. plus i don't listen to the radio for 9ers games that much

They both are no comparison to Sharky.
Is Lon Simmons still alive?
Originally posted by Sourball:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
not a papa fan, but i wouldn't mind. plus i don't listen to the radio for 9ers games that much

They both are no comparison to Sharky.
Is Lon Simmons still alive?

No
Originally posted by Heroism:
Greg Papa is officially no longer employed by the Raiders.

If you can have musberger or papa that is a very easy decision
They're going to try to revamp and change their image to be the sellout Las Vegas "Raiders."
Share 49ersWebzone