Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 651 users in the forums

49ers DL coach Jeff Zgonina Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pdizo916:
To be fair, that's mostly on Baalke and Lynch and their inability to evaluate talent.

Explain this please
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Dude is absolute garbage, rebuilding the most talent poor roster in football into a potential playoff team in one year.


He got lucky with jimmy G. Other than that, the talent pool is awfully shallow.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think they are quite a bit ahead of schedule of the 3-4 year window most had for them just to have a shot at the playoffs.

One year in and we are talking about a team that could reasonably win anywhere from 7 to 10 games.

Go look at the roster at the end of the 2016 season and compare it to the roster today. In a short period of time they got younger, faster, more talented and added a franchise QB. That is a damn good year by any ratings system.

This...people think we'd have this type of positivity after only one yr into a massive rebuild with one of the worst rosters in the league?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
He got lucky with jimmy G. Other than that, the talent pool is awfully shallow.

Wrong
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
He got lucky with jimmy G. Other than that, the talent pool is awfully shallow.

Wrong

Not what Vegas thinks. We don't gotta defend the team no more.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Wrong

Opinions arent wrong...
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Dude is absolute garbage, rebuilding the most talent poor roster in football into a potential playoff team in one year.


He got lucky with jimmy G. Other than that, the talent pool is awfully shallow.

Lots of teams get lucky with their QB. That's how it works. We got lucky w Montana. Pats got lucky w Brady. Packers traded a second rounder for Favre, just like Lynch did for Jimmy.
  • evil
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 46,740
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Dude is absolute garbage, rebuilding the most talent poor roster in football into a potential playoff team in one year.


He got lucky with jimmy G. Other than that, the talent pool is awfully shallow.

Lots of teams get lucky with their QB. That's how it works. We got lucky w Montana. Pats got lucky w Brady. Packers traded a second rounder for Favre, just like Lynch did for Jimmy.

Also had Aaron Rodgers fall down the draft board and into their laps.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Wrong

Opinions arent wrong...


They are when they come from Steelers fans.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Wrong

Opinions arent wrong...


They are when they come from Steelers fans.

Now that's a passionate and knowledgeable fanbase. I respect their opinions.
I remember him well from his days with Warner/Faulk's Rams teams

Hope we continue to improve under him
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Wrong

Opinions arent wrong...


They are when they come from Steelers fans.

Now that's a passionate and knowledgeable fanbase. I respect their opinions.

The Steelers jokes are gonna run forever p lol.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 34,537
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Dude is absolute garbage, rebuilding the most talent poor roster in football into a potential playoff team in one year.


He got lucky with jimmy G. Other than that, the talent pool is awfully shallow.

Lots of teams get lucky with their QB. That's how it works. We got lucky w Montana. Pats got lucky w Brady. Packers traded a second rounder for Favre, just like Lynch did for Jimmy.

Also had Aaron Rodgers fall down the draft board and into their laps.

I agree that ShanaLynch got lucky with Jimmy falling into their laps. But luck is also spelled *work* in a lot of different circumstances. The point I'm making is that Kyle's been involved with QB's that have been good ever since he's been in the NFL. Does that mean he's been awfully lucky the last 10+ years he's been in the NFL? Maybe, but I also think he has an eye for talent. Then again, I thought Harbaugh had an eye for QB talent (I.e. Luck as his QB at Stanford) and I was wrong, but I hope I'm right this time.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Dude is absolute garbage, rebuilding the most talent poor roster in football into a potential playoff team in one year.


He got lucky with jimmy G. Other than that, the talent pool is awfully shallow.

Lots of teams get lucky with their QB. That's how it works. We got lucky w Montana. Pats got lucky w Brady. Packers traded a second rounder for Favre, just like Lynch did for Jimmy.

Also had Aaron Rodgers fall down the draft board and into their laps.

I agree that ShanaLynch got lucky with Jimmy falling into their laps. But luck is also spelled *work* in a lot of different circumstances. The point I'm making is that Kyle's been involved with QB's that have been good ever since he's been in the NFL. Does that mean he's been awfully lucky the last 10+ years he's been in the NFL? Maybe, but I also think he has an eye for talent. Then again, I thought Harbaugh had an eye for QB talent (I.e. Luck as his QB at Stanford) and I was wrong, but I hope I'm right this time.

I'm not gonna say we really got THAT lucky cause IMO if we didn't pull the trigger on Jimmy we more than likely would have landed cousins atleast.

It was simply god's plan
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Dude is absolute garbage, rebuilding the most talent poor roster in football into a potential playoff team in one year.


He got lucky with jimmy G. Other than that, the talent pool is awfully shallow.

Lots of teams get lucky with their QB. That's how it works. We got lucky w Montana. Pats got lucky w Brady. Packers traded a second rounder for Favre, just like Lynch did for Jimmy.


This is true, but we had done our due diligence and then some. Recall that post SB loss, Kyle sat down with BB (Or called him) and asked him where and how he made mistakes, and how to correct them. It impressed Bellichek, so when time came to move JimmyG, the thinks of that young kid, up and coming HC of 49ers.

Then LYnch. Early this yr he sat down with BB and asked , "Is there any way we could get JImmyG?" BB said no, but when he got backed up the 2pm on last day for trades before contracts expired, BB knew he couldn't keep Jimmy so who does he call? Well , Lynch and Kyle.

So yes, we may have lucked into or slopped into our FR QB, but...well I make my case above. Our guys did their due diligence long ago...and one was not even a HC at the time.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone