Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 805 users in the forums

Week 4 2017: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheNef77:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by 951NINER:
No mention of Trent Taylor? The kid has fire and toughness. He was like Honey Badger who?

Good point. His size still scares me, but put some meat on that kid and he could be a player moving forward.

Didn't need meat to plant Honey Badger into the ground in OT.

No, but the Honey Badger is pretty tiny himself.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by 951NINER:
No mention of Trent Taylor? The kid has fire and toughness. He was like Honey Badger who?

Good point. His size still scares me, but put some meat on that kid and he could be a player moving forward.

He's 5-7 180...I don't think he's going to get any bigger.

Well he ain't getting any taller, but he could put on weight. I remember how tiny Amendola looked on Hard Knocks when he was a rookie in Dallas. He's gotten much bigger since.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,886
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by 951NINER:
No mention of Trent Taylor? The kid has fire and toughness. He was like Honey Badger who?

Good point. His size still scares me, but put some meat on that kid and he could be a player moving forward.

He's 5-7 180...I don't think he's going to get any bigger.

Well he ain't getting any taller, but he could put on weight. I remember how tiny Amendola looked on Hard Knocks when he was a rookie in Dallas. He's gotten much bigger since.
Amendola is almost 6 foot and only 188
As I mentioned at the end of the game 3 thread. 4 positions are of a premium in the nfl.

1. Franchise qb
2. LT
3. shut down cb
4. premier pass rusher

The niners only have 1, and that LT is aging. The team simply cannot be competitive until the other 3 positions are addressed. Period
Originally posted by titan:
Good call. I think Breida is a good receiver out of the backfield. I don't see the Hyde replacement. I couldn't have described it any better in regards to Robinson.

We should have drafted Kamara
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by 951NINER:
No mention of Trent Taylor? The kid has fire and toughness. He was like Honey Badger who?

Good point. His size still scares me, but put some meat on that kid and he could be a player moving forward.

He's 5-7 180...I think he's maxed out.

he may be small but when he lowered his shoulder into Matheiu and drove him back 5 yards, he looked like a TE. Super deceiving strength.

I think he could get to 190. Amendola is 5'9 190
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by 951NINER:
No mention of Trent Taylor? The kid has fire and toughness. He was like Honey Badger who?

Good point. His size still scares me, but put some meat on that kid and he could be a player moving forward.

He's 5-7 180...I don't think he's going to get any bigger.

Well he ain't getting any taller, but he could put on weight. I remember how tiny Amendola looked on Hard Knocks when he was a rookie in Dallas. He's gotten much bigger since.
Amendola is almost 6 foot and only 188

LISTED at 188. Most of those listed weights are from the combine. They never get updated.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Oct 2, 2017 at 3:10 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erred:
As I mentioned at the end of the game 3 thread. 4 positions are of a premium in the nfl.

1. Franchise qb
2. LT
3. shut down cb
4. premier pass rusher

The niners only have 1, and that LT is aging. The team simply cannot be competitive until the other 3 positions are addressed. Period

True.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Originally posted by titan:
Good call. I think Breida is a good receiver out of the backfield. I don't see the Hyde replacement. I couldn't have described it any better in regards to Robinson.

We should have drafted Kamara

I was banging the table for that pick when we had the chance, but at least we we're able to corral that into another high pick next season. I'll at least wait to see what we do with that pick first. Hopefully we validate it.
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by 951NINER:
No mention of Trent Taylor? The kid has fire and toughness. He was like Honey Badger who?

He's been good and productive but he needs to chill with the offensive pass interference. 2 weeks in a row now? WTF

Unlike last week, we were able to see the Penalty, he was definately guilty this time and cost us the TD with Breida

Meh... I've seen worse....
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by 951NINER:
No mention of Trent Taylor? The kid has fire and toughness. He was like Honey Badger who?

Good point. His size still scares me, but put some meat on that kid and he could be a player moving forward.

Well we're not asking him to run fade routes or catch any jump-balls. Give him a consistent QB and he can get 50 catches a year say 6 TD's.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Don't forget Dontae Johnson. He looked almost as worst as Robinson and at one point in the game was probably worse.

For sure!
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
3) Matt Breida: I gotta say...I've kinda been staying silent on this one, but I just don't see it. Nice story, he runs pretty fast...but I don't get the hubbub. Not really a fan at this point.

I like the kid. He can pass catch which is important in this system but he lacks power to break tackles.

He can do it all and did anyone see him in pass protection? Very impressive for a rookie.
10) Rebuilding: All I want from these games is for the team to show that the coaches have a clue, there are a few really good pieces to build on, and lose the game. Done, done, and done. Good week long term for the 49ers. I know that comment will frustrate some but I take the long view, not the week to week short term. The more losses that pile up early the more they can afford a late season emergence as some of these guys come around.

This - Too many people don't get it.

Also, one TD would have won games - so we're not as far behind as the record indicates.

I'm still holding w/my prediction of 4-12.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
10) Rebuilding: All I want from these games is for the team to show that the coaches have a clue, there are a few really good pieces to build on, and lose the game. Done, done, and done. Good week long term for the 49ers. I know that comment will frustrate some but I take the long view, not the week to week short term. The more losses that pile up early the more they can afford a late season emergence as some of these guys come around.

This - Too many people don't get it.

Also, one TD would have won games - so we're not as far behind as the record indicates.

I'm still holding w/my prediction of 4-12.

We will be fine in the long run.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone