There are 121 users in the forums

Week 4 2017: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
1) Hoyer: Woah. That was...rough. IMO, that was his worst game as a 49er. The Panthers and Seahawks games were rough as well, but in this game he had guys open and he had some time. He was flat missing guys at a scary rate. I have to temper my disappointment though because we all know he ain't the guy. He's the guy before the guy.

2) DeForest Buckner: WOW. It felt like he was in Palmers face on every other down. 1 sack this year but he's been phenomenal. This year is all about seeing which guys are pieces moving forward. You've got yourself a big piece (figuratively and literally) there in #99.

3) Matt Breida: I gotta say...I've kinda been staying silent on this one, but I just don't see it. Nice story, he runs pretty fast...but I don't get the hubbub. Not really a fan at this point.

4) OT: I have no idea how much time Staley has left, but the Niners are set at Tackle for awhile if he can keep playing this way for 3 or 4 more years. Those are the are huge bedrocks to lean on and Guards can be gotten later in the draft.

5) Thomas: The dude looks lost out there at times and at others he looks superhuman. Once he gets it, look out. No man his size should be that quick, strong or fast...but he is just so damn raw.

6) Armstead: I defend the guy all the time...but man he just isn't a LEO. I like him inside but the problem is they have a bunch of inside rushers already. They need edge rushers and that problem isn't likely to be resolved this season.

7) Ray Ray: I can't stand the guy to be honest but I have to give him a shoutout for having a really good game. Was all over the place and flashed in some big moments. Problem with Ray Ray though has always been Ray Ray. The athleticism is there. It's the gray matter between his ears that sometimes gets him in trouble. On that note...

8) Rashard Robinson: Man. I can't remember the last guy that talked so much with so little performance. Dude has been getting burned all year and he walks around like he's Deion. He's got the measurables for this system, but the dude is just CONSTANTLY making mental errors. Plays hard, but doesn't play smart. The Mantis is getting roasted week in and week out. On the flip side though I'm really liking the Safety play. Reid might be a challenge as a FA as I'm really liking what I see from Tartt.

9) Reuben Foster: Can he come out and play now? So much more fun to watch these games with #56 on the field. I thought about getting his Jersey with 5AVA6E on the back but it won't let you use numbers in the nameplate online. Hmm. Challenge. :D

10) Rebuilding: All I want from these games is for the team to show that the coaches have a clue, there are a few really good pieces to build on, and lose the game. Done, done, and done. Good week long term for the 49ers. I know that comment will frustrate some but I take the long view, not the week to week short term. The more losses that pile up early the more they can afford a late season emergence as some of these guys come around.

21) Frankie G: Had to add one more. Frank Gore might be my favorite 49er ever. Looking forward to watching him play next week and passing Eric Dickerson. Go Frank. :-)
Amen
  • titan
  • Veteran
Good call. I think Breida is a good receiver out of the backfield. I don't see the Hyde replacement. I couldn't have described it any better in regards to Robinson.
Don't forget Dontae Johnson. He looked almost as worst as Robinson and at one point in the game was probably worse.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
lol no comments about the poor coaching job by Shanny and the fact that he is labeled an offensive genius but yet failed to score a TD in the 3 of his first 4 games.
Originally posted by susweel:
lol no comments about the poor coaching job by Shanny and the fact that he is labeled an offensive genius but yet failed to score a TD in the 3 of his first 4 games.

Do you think another coach would do better?

No but here is a comment about how in the NFL personnel is more important than who is coaching.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

3) Matt Breida: I gotta say...I've kinda been staying silent on this one, but I just don't see it. Nice story, he runs pretty fast...but I don't get the hubbub. Not really a fan at this point.

I like the kid. He can pass catch which is important in this system but he lacks power to break tackles.
No mention of Trent Taylor? The kid has fire and toughness. He was like Honey Badger who?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Yes probably. Did you also know we lead the NFL in penalties.

I don't know what games you're watching, but Shanny has them moving the ball and setting them up for plenty of TDs. The problem seems to be the execution ... the players make crucial mistakes right as they get into the red zone.

You are correct. No comments about that. Thanks for the recap.

every f**king thread #hesback
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Yes.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

You are correct. No comments about that. Thanks for the recap.

Share 49ersWebzone