LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 203 users in the forums

Week 2 2017: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
watched the s**t fest on dvr last night cuz no way is this team worth 3+ plus hours. my stuff

Shanny seems like he is in over is head, seems flustered on the sideline dosen't show leadership or confidence.

Hoyer is absolutely trash, even worse than I thought, He makes me miss kap and even gabbert.

Goodwin is a pos, needs to be benched asap. Training camp champ we seen these before.

Hyde just like any other RB can run if oline opens holes for him, but he is dancing less this year which is good.

Run D is was better this year but wears down at end of games because O can't keep the ball. Same was true under chip.

Secondary blows seattle had people open all game, either willow missed them or they dropped balls. Should have at least 3 Ints yesterday.

Overall team is even worse than I had thought we would be and predicted an 0-16 record.
Kyle is over his head? Dude, !! How can you make such a determination after only 2 games of a rebuild!? The man is a first-time coach who had to take over, and turn over, a most despicable roster that lacked talent in the obvious way left behind by supposedly more experienced men. 0-16? Really? I think you're talking about a different team.
Like last week's game I thought there was some good and some bad. This defense could be very good with a couple of more pieces in place. Still need to find that one dominant pass rusher. Armstead seems to get up field a lot but always seemed to be overrunning the play, part of that though is a tribute to Russell's elusiveness in the pocket, the guy is a cat back there. Against a less mobile QB I think it is possible that Armstead will have a multi-sack game one of these days. Wish Foster hadn't gotten hurt.

Robinson was really sticking his head in there and making some tackles in the first half but again had some missed opportunities in coverage. If he can find some consistency in his game he could be a pretty corner. Still need one more good one though.

Hoyer clearly isn't the answer unless the question is which QB currently on the team won't be starting next year. Goodwin is playing himself out of the starting line-up with those drops and opening the door for Boldin who looked pretty good in the return game, or maybe Bourne. Kittle needs to get the ball more. I think he could end up being a stud.

At this point I think the same thing that I thought before the season started, this will be a learning year. Learning the offense, learning the defense, learning what players will be contributors and who needs to be replaced. I think it is also a year that Shanahan will need to learn how to be a head coach and offensive coordinator at the same time. Unlike the poster above who seems to always be down on the team I don't think Shanahan is in over his head at all. Like everything else in life I suppose that being an NFL head coach has a learning curve attached to it. He and Lynch brought in Saleh, who is definitely an upgrade, they gutted a roster that had been getting worse every year, and now they are laying the groundwork for the future. Really can't say that I care what their record is at all this year. I just want to see them improving and so far they seem to be, at least on defense. Not sure how much of a leap they can make offensively until they find the right QB but we all knew that going into the season so no big surprise. I'm generally encouraged by what I am seeing. Go Niners!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by susweel:
watched the s**t fest on dvr last night cuz no way is this team worth 3+ plus hours. my stuff

Shanny seems like he is in over is head, seems flustered on the sideline dosen't show leadership or confidence.

Hoyer is absolutely trash, even worse than I thought, He makes me miss kap and even gabbert.

Goodwin is a pos, needs to be benched asap. Training camp champ we seen these before.

Hyde just like any other RB can run if oline opens holes for him, but he is dancing less this year which is good.

Run D is was better this year but wears down at end of games because O can't keep the ball. Same was true under chip.

Secondary blows seattle had people open all game, either willow missed them or they dropped balls. Should have at least 3 Ints yesterday.

Overall team is even worse than I had thought we would be and predicted an 0-16 record.
Kyle is over his head? Dude, !! How can you make such a determination after only 2 games of a rebuild!? The man is a first-time coach who had to take over, and turn over, a most despicable roster that lacked talent in the obvious way left behind by supposedly more experienced men. 0-16? Really? I think you're talking about a different team.

Yes 0 TDs in two full games only 4 field goals with players he hand picked. Hoyer, and the WRs were his choice. Yes its two games but the offense looks awful. Yes 0-16 is very doable if you can't move the ball and score TDs.
Our TE's suck! Kittle is too slow and can't get separation. Shanny needs to draw up more plays for Juzyck
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Our TE's suck! Kittle is too slow and can't get separation. Shanny needs to draw up more plays for Juzyck

Originally posted by defenderDX:

We're not getting any production from the TE position. I know a lot of that is Hoyer so I'm a bit surprised we didn't throw more to our backs. Or Juszcyzk.

?

Um, Kittle isn't slow. In fact had second fastest 40 time for a TE at the combine.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap3000000796284/George-Kittle-2017-Combine-Workout

As for separation he didn't have much trouble vs Carolina. QB just couldn't stay upright. In Seattle, NOBODY was open.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Sep 18, 2017 at 12:26 PM ]
Originally posted by SoCold:
Defense gave up 21 first downs. They didn't play as good as the score sounds.

A lot of people on WZ are infatuated with the idea that yards/first downs trump points given up when analyzing a defense.

We gave up 12 points. That is all that really matters.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

A lot of people on WZ are infatuated with the idea that yards/first downs trump points given up when analyzing a defense.

...and you are going to give up lots of first downs when you are on the field for 80 plays because the offense does NOTHING.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

?

Um, Kittle isn't slow. In fact had second fastest 40 time for a TE at the combine.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap3000000796284/George-Kittle-2017-Combine-Workout

As for separation he didn't have much trouble vs Carolina. QB just couldn't stay upright. In Seattle, NOBODY was open.

Kittle is not outrunning anyone. Hoyer has been terrible throwing the ball past 10 yards so I was hoping to get more from the TE's and or FB.

Can we add the amount of holding calls not called on Seattle as well

Originally posted by Marvin49:

...and you are going to give up lots of first downs when you are on the field for 80 plays because the offense does NOTHING.
i don't think they care at all about the game, but mostly like to rub it peoples faces
Kittle is not outrunning anyone. Hoyer has been terrible throwing the ball past 10 yards so I was hoping to get more from the TE's and or FB.

Kittle is fast for a 250lb TE (4.52)...he's not VD fast but no one is. Hoyer blows plain and simple
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 18, 2017 at 12:37 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Kittle is fast for a 250lb TE (4.52)...he's not VD fast but no one is. Hoyer blows plain and simple

Right. If VD is your model then EVERYONE is slow.
Share 49ersWebzone