LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Coaches Film Analysis: 2017 Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AlexCat49er:
Originally posted by Niners816:

Here you go.....compliments of thl408. This is what a slant-flat looks like when the LBer interferes with the Z receiver. The DPI was so bad that the Z had to adjust his slant.

The refs, people paid to make these calls for a living, disagreed.
Right? Cause refs who get paid - not for a living, BTW, since none are full time refs....., never make mistakes on calls....They just get fired after constant correct calls all the time, like Mike Peirera noted. But what would he know. He was only the only guy who did it full time for years....

Originally posted by jonnydel:
You didn't respond to my re: the league rulebook on OPI. I have seen nothing about the league backing the OPI call.....link? Anyone other than, "top beat write......"I'm sorry, I can't finish that sentence because the absurdity reaches levels I can't even repeat.....

I don't have time to dig up some dusty tome with all of the archaic rules of the NFL, but I'm pretty sure WRs can't go around shoving down every defender they please, especially if they're doing so to free up another receiver to catch the ball. I haven't watched the play since I saw it live, but it was clear as day OPI.

are you a 49er fan?
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
You didn't respond to my re: the league rulebook on OPI. I have seen nothing about the league backing the OPI call.....link? Anyone other than, "top beat write......"I'm sorry, I can't finish that sentence because the absurdity reaches levels I can't even repeat.....

I don't have time to dig up some dusty tome with all of the archaic rules of the NFL, but I'm pretty sure WRs can't go around shoving down every defender they please, especially if they're doing so to free up another receiver to catch the ball. I haven't watched the play since I saw it live, but it was clear as day OPI.

are you a 49er fan?

He is against anything that has to do with Shanny or Lynch.
are you a 49er fan?

I'm probably the biggest 49er fan here, which isn't to say that everyone else here isn't a big 49er fan. I think everyone on these forums loves the 49ers, but that shouldn't involve unquestioning loyalty to the people running the team. You can be a loyal American and dislike the president, you can be a loyal 49er fan and hate everything that they're doing.
[ Edited by AlexCat49er on Oct 20, 2017 at 3:59 PM ]
are you a 49er fan?

I'm probably the biggest 49er fan here, which isn't to say that everyone else here isn't a big 49er fan. I think everyone on these forums loves the 49ers, but that shouldn't unquestioning loyalty to the people running the team. You can be a loyal American and dislike the president, you can be a loyal 49er fan and hate everything that they're doing.

I certainly have my doubts
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
are you a 49er fan?

I'm probably the biggest 49er fan here, which isn't to say that everyone else here isn't a big 49er fan. I think everyone on these forums loves the 49ers, but that shouldn't unquestioning loyalty to the people running the team. You can be a loyal American and dislike the president, you can be a loyal 49er fan and hate everything that they're doing.

I certainly have my doubts

Doubts lol pretty clear
are you a 49er fan?

I'm probably the biggest 49er fan here, which isn't to say that everyone else here isn't a big 49er fan. I think everyone on these forums loves the 49ers, but that shouldn't involve unquestioning loyalty to the people running the team. You can be a loyal American and dislike the president, you can be a loyal 49er fan and hate everything that they're doing.

sorry, but im a fan and also quite critical myself. and the fact you spew b******t claiming "9 out of 10" experts say that was the right call is b******t in itself. still have yet to provide any sources. so yeah, you dont sound like much of a fan and more of a troll. but no need to get personal.
Originally posted by swoosh6996:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
so who else besides , sus, cc, 9re, chz , ital ?

You don't consider the officials that are paid to officiate experts? Mike Pereira is in the media now because he was no good at his job, but the officials who made the call (correctly) considered it to be OPI and the league has backed them up on it.

Also, the top beat-writer for the 49ers, Grant Cohn, also said it was OPI.

are you a 49er fan?

sorry, but im a fan and also quite critical myself. and the fact you spew b******t claiming "9 out of 10" experts say that was the right call is b******t in itself. still have yet to provide any sources. so yeah, you dont sound like much of a fan and more of a troll. but no need to get personal.

This guy was saying Bo was having a great game while he had just given up a TD in coverage and was missing two keys tackles on another drive.

It's safe to say he doesn't watch football?
Originally posted by NCommand:
This guy was saying Bo was having a great game while he had just given up a TD in coverage and was missing two keys tackles on another drive.

You mean the game where Bow led all players in tackles after only being signed 3 days ago?

How many sources do you need? The officials on the field thought it was the right call, the league office agreed with them, and our most knowledgeable beat-writer also agreed. I tabulated the ratio of actual experts (no has beens like Mike Pereira in my list sorry) and it came out to be around 9/10 (actual number is 86%).
[ Edited by AlexCat49er on Oct 20, 2017 at 7:34 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

You mean the game where Bow led all players in tackles after only being signed 3 days ago?

No hate on Bo, but 11 tackles for a MLB is pretty standard esp. while giving up 450 yards.
How many sources do you need? The officials on the field thought it was the right call, the league office agreed with them, and our most knowledgeable beat-writer also agreed. I tabulated the ratio of actual experts (no has beens like Mike Pereira in my list sorry) and it came out to be around 9/10 (actual number is 86%).

This dude seriously referenced Grant Cohn about an X's and O's discussion . The fact you keep arguing this shows without a shadow of a doubt that you have no clue what a slant-flat concept is.

Who the f**k we kidding though....this is probably some parking lot dudes extra screen name. S. U. S.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Oct 20, 2017 at 7:58 PM ]
  • Koldo
  • Veteran

Why don't you take a break from the Niners and come back after Shanahan and Lynch are fired and Jed gets rid of the team? Just a thought.
how about he make like a tree and get outta here
Share 49ersWebzone