LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 230 users in the forums

Coaches Film Analysis: 2017 Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AlexCat49er:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
so who else besides , sus, cc, 9re, chz , ital ?

You don't consider the officials that are paid to officiate experts? Mike Pereira is in the media now because he was no good at his job, but the officials who made the call (correctly) considered it to be OPI and the league has backed them up on it.

Also, the top beat-writer for the 49ers, Grant Cohn, also said it was OPI.

That f**king guy has literally Zero Xs and Os knowledge. If you go to him for that type of "expertis" then that shows why you think something as tried and true as a slant-flat concept is an illegal pick play.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Oct 20, 2017 at 2:13 PM ]

You don't consider the officials that are paid to officiate experts? Mike Pereira is in the media now because he was no good at his job, but the officials who made the call (correctly) considered it to be OPI and the league has backed them up on it.

You didn't respond to my re: the league rulebook on OPI. I have seen nothing about the league backing the OPI call.....link? Anyone other than, "top beat write......"I'm sorry, I can't finish that sentence because the absurdity reaches levels I can't even repeat.....
Originally posted by jonnydel:
You didn't respond to my re: the league rulebook on OPI. I have seen nothing about the league backing the OPI call.....link? Anyone other than, "top beat write......"I'm sorry, I can't finish that sentence because the absurdity reaches levels I can't even repeat.....

I don't have time to dig up some dusty tome with all of the archaic rules of the NFL, but I'm pretty sure WRs can't go around shoving down every defender they please, especially if they're doing so to free up another receiver to catch the ball. I haven't watched the play since I saw it live, but it was clear as day OPI.
[ Edited by AlexCat49er on Oct 20, 2017 at 2:25 PM ]

I don't have time to dig up some dusty tome with all of the archaic rules of the NFL, but I'm pretty sure WRs can't go around shoving down every defender they please, especially if they're doing so to free up another receiver to catch the ball. I haven't watched the play since I saw it live, but it was clear as day OPI.
if you haven't seen it since it happened, then man up and take it as a Loss

So you don't know what a slant-flat concept is and you don't have a clue what constitutes OPI.....gotcha. For record, we all knew this anyway.

• GORO
  • Veteran
TH1408 and Jonnydel why were the Redskins able to defend passes on several occasions? Is it because they recognize plays from practicing against their own Offense?

Here you go.....compliments of thl408. This is what a slant-flat looks like when the LBer interferes with the Z receiver. The DPI was so bad that the Z had to adjust his slant.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Oct 20, 2017 at 2:32 PM ]

• fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
What the hell was Kilgore doing??

being the worst olineman in the nfl as always
Originally posted by Niners816:

Here you go.....compliments of thl408. This is what a slant-flat looks like when the LBer interferes with the Z receiver. The DPI was so bad that the Z had to adjust his slant.

The refs, people paid to make these calls for a living, disagreed.

LOL ok.....Go watch the play and then try and repeat what you've said with a straight face because there's so much fail in that post, it's beyond help..... Good day to you, sir.
Originally posted by Niners816:

The refs, people paid to make these calls for a living, disagreed.

Yep they kick the f**king s**t out of that call.....but refs are perfect, right? Flagged Garcon for running a slant.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Oct 20, 2017 at 2:42 PM ]
Originally posted by GORO:
TH1408 and Jonnydel why were the Redskins able to defend passes on several occasions? Is it because they recognize plays from practicing against their own Offense?

sticky man coverage. There were a few plays where they just played really good defense and got good pressure. They also run a matching style zone a lot so when that happens it can make it more difficult when players execute those defenses at a high level.
Share 49ersWebzone