LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 218 users in the forums

49ers trade for RB Kapri Bibbs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
They must like him to give up a 4th next year. I like picking up a 5th this year and I wonder if they use it to move up
Adding a 5th means we still have 7 picks today at this time.
  • RedAu
  • Veteran
5th this year is roughly equal value to 4th next, so getting him for free pretty much.
Originally posted by IT21:
People acting like Myles Garrett was sitting there and we took this scrub qb instead

It was literally a 4th and 7th round pick for a project qb that fits the system we run. No reason to be upset. We didn't give up a lot, a 4th rounder is never a sure thing. The 7th rounder most likely wouldn't have made our team

I hate where we got him. He was projected as a 6-7th round pick, and we trade up into the 3rd round?? How are u ok with that, and 4th round is still a valuable pick. I have more faith in anyone projected in rounds 4-6 then I am with this qb panning out.
Waste of a 4th rounder and he's not worth that.
Which RB does he compare to that's currently on our roster?
Originally posted by saniner:
They must like him to give up a 4th next year. I like picking up a 5th this year and I wonder if they use it to move up

Wait... we gave up a fourth next year?? If true I hate it less. Still don't think we needed him though.
Originally posted by 5times:

Thank you!! Exactly!!
hahaha Phoenix, we jinxed ourselves.
  • cools
  • Veteran
I expect he knocks Harris and Davis out of the picture,
love his running style, good patience finding the opening inside, quick and elusive with some power

My nephew was at CSU same time, so I kind of followed the football team, was fun to watch

Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Thank goodness. The 49ers only draft guys who retire right AFTER, not BEFORE they are drafted.

This

Soo umm lol
Originally posted by dirtyrottenscoundrel:
Wait... we gave up a fourth next year?? If true I hate it less. Still don't think we needed him though.

We also got a 5th today. Future picks carry less weight. So we got a 5th and a 3rd string potential back for a 4th. It's a fine move but nothing to get excited about.
Originally posted by 5times:

Thank you!! Exactly!!

We got a 5th this yr as well
Makes a ton of sense with the Williams pick. Free RB insurance, basically.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Also wanted a more change of pace back in this draft. Wanted the 49ers to draft Joe Williams out of Utah in the 6-7th round. The Bibbs trade probably means that won't happen

Thank goodness. The 49ers only draft guys who retire right AFTER, not BEFORE they are drafted.

Lol
Share 49ersWebzone