LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 140 users in the forums

49ers trade for RB Kapri Bibbs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I am not sure if Bibbs is probably like Coffee. Maybe. .. anyway. I don't trust to Broncos!
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by dirtyrottenscoundrel:
Originally posted by IT21:
People acting like Myles Garrett was sitting there and we took this scrub qb instead

It was literally a 4th and 7th round pick for a project qb that fits the system we run. No reason to be upset. We didn't give up a lot, a 4th rounder is never a sure thing. The 7th rounder most likely wouldn't have made our team

I hate where we got him. He was projected as a 6-7th round pick, and we trade up into the 3rd round?? How are u ok with that, and 4th round is still a valuable pick. I have more faith in anyone projected in rounds 4-6 then I am with this qb panning out.

Why must we automatically believe that the pre-draft projections apply to all teams for all positions? Teams make their own boards and assign their own values based on projections within their specific systems. But we must believe the pick sucks because NFLDraftscout.com or whomever ranks them lower than where they were ultimately picked?

I know. This drives me crazy.
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
I am not sure if Bibbs is probably like Coffee. Maybe. .. anyway. I don't trust to Broncos!

I trust them. Lynch used to play for them, and Elway is good friends with him. Plus, we hosted their last Super Bowl win

No such thing as having a second-favorite team IMO, but Denver is clearly a team we can trust. Them and the Chiefs. Those are two teams we have strong trade-relationships with.
Originally posted by Lurker:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by IT21:
People acting like Myles Garrett was sitting there and we took this scrub qb instead

It was literally a 4th and 7th round pick for a project qb that fits the system we run. No reason to be upset. We didn't give up a lot, a 4th rounder is never a sure thing. The 7th rounder most likely wouldn't have made our team

I hate where we got him. He was projected as a 6-7th round pick, and we trade up into the 3rd round?? How are u ok with that, and 4th round is still a valuable pick. I have more faith in anyone projected in rounds 4-6 then I am with this qb panning out.

Why must we automatically believe that the pre-draft projections apply to all teams for all positions? Teams make their own boards and assign their own values based on projections within their specific systems. But we must believe the pick sucks because NFLDraftscout.com or whomever ranks them lower than where they were ultimately picked?

I know. This drives me crazy.

Pretty much.

Foster was revealed to be the third-best player on our big board, with Myles at number one and Thomas at number two. Yet, Foster made it all the way to pick 31. So clearly he wasn't the third-best player on most other teams' big boards. Not saying he's a bad pickup. Probably our best one in this draft, actually. Just saying that all teams view players differently based on various scheme fits, connections and perspectives.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Also wanted a more change of pace back in this draft. Wanted the 49ers to draft Joe Williams out of Utah in the 6-7th round. The Bibbs trade probably means that won't happen

Thank goodness. The 49ers only draft guys who retire right AFTER, not BEFORE they are drafted.

Lol
Yes!!!! Love joe Williams!!! And lol

This is why we don't assume things
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:

At least he went and got the retirement out of the way already, won't be a Borland situation.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

I trust them. Lynch used to play for them, and Elway is good friends with him. Plus, we hosted their last Super Bowl win

No such thing as having a second-favorite team IMO, but Denver is clearly a team we can trust. Them and the Chiefs. Those are two teams we have strong trade-relationships with.

I would Baltimore to the trust list as well.
Originally posted by Crown:
I would Baltimore to the trust list as well.

Baltimore just really likes 6th rounders.
Well. I think bad idea for trade. Remembered? We should not trust to Denver because Broncos did trade to Bears for Cutler by 1st round and advantage. Look at Cutler make nothing for bears make looks dumb. Lol. And Plus Broncos want me pay half to Kap for trade. Broncos is cheap trade and give us about 4th or 5th round pick for Kap and want us pay half to him. .. f**k them Broncos fans make smart and cheap b***h!

It's a 4th rd pick next yr who cares...and it's not even the same staff as when cutler got traded. God lord

Originally posted by NYniner85:
It's a 4th rd pick next yr who cares...and it's not even the same staff as when cutler got traded. God lord

Bibbs adds depth and competition. He is familiar with the 49ers' new running schemes after playing for Kubiak.

If anything, I'm sure Shanahan spoke to Kubiak about him and the fact that they​ traded for him tells me he got an endorsement.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Apr 30, 2017 at 7:12 AM ]
Super intimidating name. Always scary to tackle a guy named Kapri.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:

At least he went and got the retirement out of the way already, won't be a Borland situation.

Haha true.. God I really hope he doesn't pull a Borland and it doesn't appear that way. Either way I'm excited about the direction of the team especially after listening to the post draft press conference
why John Lynch gave away 2018 fourth round pick to Denver for RB Bibbs? It looks like to me he has very little chance of making the roster. I know we received a 2017 5th rounder in return but this trade is confusing to me.
He got played by his buddy Elway.
Share 49ersWebzone