49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 354 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I low-key like this draft. Lots of clay to mold, but that's the kind of potential that excites me in a draft.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,651
Originally posted by Chance:
I low-key like this draft. Lots of clay to mold, but that's the kind of potential that excites me in a draft.

Nice having clay to mold, sucks passing on nice pottery
I'm not a fan of this draft like a lot of folks, but I wouldn't surprise me if some of these players outperform expectations. The draft is always total crapshoot anyways. Look at the 2021 draft, especially the QB's. Supposedly the best QB draft in years, and most of them turned out to be bums.
Originally posted by Typecast:
Originally posted by captveg:
I bet you Brock was seen as drafted +200 where these guys think he should have.

Purdy went 262. According to Arif Hasan's consensus board, purdy was 290 overall, 324 among forecasters, 287 among evaluators, 165 on PFF, no rank on The Beast top 300 (Brugler).

IMO once you get to the 6th round so many variables have occurred that under drafting/ over drafting is moot. These are lotto picks, so really they're rounds you picks guys you really like that have obvious flaws/downsides because every player at this point has them.
[ Edited by captveg on Apr 25, 2026 at 1:53 PM ]
Originally posted by JMC52:
Originally posted by Chance:
I low-key like this draft. Lots of clay to mold, but that's the kind of potential that excites me in a draft.

Nice having clay to mold, sucks passing on nice pottery

lolwut?

Black, Height, Stribling, and Halton are poised to take on big roles right away (finished pottery) These guys are older and do things well that typically keeps rookies off the field (like blocking).

The rest of the picks are high RAS guys who are raw and/or need coaching up (clay).
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,651
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by JMC52:
Originally posted by Chance:
I low-key like this draft. Lots of clay to mold, but that's the kind of potential that excites me in a draft.

Nice having clay to mold, sucks passing on nice pottery

lolwut?

Black, Height, Stribling, and Halton are poised to take on big roles right away (finished pottery) These guys are older and do things well that typically keeps rookies off the field (like blocking).

The rest of the picks are high RAS guys who are raw and/or need coaching up (clay).

Jfc it's really not hard to understand bb
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,651
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by JMC52:
Originally posted by Chance:
I low-key like this draft. Lots of clay to mold, but that's the kind of potential that excites me in a draft.

Nice having clay to mold, sucks passing on nice pottery

lolwut?

Black, Height, Stribling, and Halton are poised to take on big roles right away (finished pottery) These guys are older and do things well that typically keeps rookies off the field (like blocking).

The rest of the picks are high RAS guys who are raw and/or need coaching up (clay).

If you think Black is poised to take on a big role I literally can't believe you're a 49er fan
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,651
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by JMC52:
Originally posted by Chance:
I low-key like this draft. Lots of clay to mold, but that's the kind of potential that excites me in a draft.

Nice having clay to mold, sucks passing on nice pottery

lolwut?

Black, Height, Stribling, and Halton are poised to take on big roles right away (finished pottery) These guys are older and do things well that typically keeps rookies off the field (like blocking).

The rest of the picks are high RAS guys who are raw and/or need coaching up (clay).

you also confused yourself with your own analogy
Originally posted by JMC52:
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by JMC52:
Originally posted by Chance:
I low-key like this draft. Lots of clay to mold, but that's the kind of potential that excites me in a draft.

Nice having clay to mold, sucks passing on nice pottery

lolwut?

Black, Height, Stribling, and Halton are poised to take on big roles right away (finished pottery) These guys are older and do things well that typically keeps rookies off the field (like blocking).

The rest of the picks are high RAS guys who are raw and/or need coaching up (clay).

If you think Black is poised to take on a big role I literally can't believe you're a 49er fan

I do. Due to his excellent blocking, I think he carves out the lead backup role to CMC. I also think his burst, speed, and strength bode well to short yardage plays and zone runs where Coach wants a guy to accelerate through holes. After learning lore about him, I'm bullish on him. Sorry that offends you enough to question my fandom. I should just hate home like everyone else, huh?
Originally posted by JMC52:
you also confused yourself with your own analogy

Next time try squeezing your thoughts into one quote or editing your post instead of quoting my one post three times.

And my analogy holds, you're just confused, bb.
[ Edited by Chance on Apr 25, 2026 at 2:06 PM ]
he was just on nfl network preaching conviction again lol
  • JEP83
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 451
Is everyone here still angry and want Lynch and Shanny fired?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 34,510
Originally posted by JEP83:
Is everyone here still angry and want Lynch and Shanny fired?

I think they redeemed themselves well in day three in my book.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by JEP83:
Is everyone here still angry and want Lynch and Shanny fired?

I think they redeemed themselves well in day three in my book.

This is their pattern though...they haven't been fired because they have hits in the late rounds and the overall team is good.

The problem is if KS/JL could tighten up rounds 1-3 we may have won a SB instead of lost them

The criticism of random ass reaching has objective evidence showing SF goes against consensus big boards
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 34,510
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I find it funny how the TV guys talk up every late round selction to the point you wonder why they weren't selected earlier. I realize they can't say this guy isn't very good so he fell to the 5th round in a weak draft but it's still kind of funny.

This years draft for the Niners has netted zero players that I'm excited about. Lot's of question marks and projections for most of the picks by all the teams. That doesn't mean a couple won't turn out to be good players but the trade for a 6th next season might be the best move of this draft. One good thing is the Seahawks and Rams aren't nailing it in this draft either. Limited and questionable picks by the Rams.

One factor in ShanaLynch trading for an extra 2027 day three pick is i think they will get zero draft compensation from this years 2026 offseason.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone