LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 360 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
f**k the d
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by awp8912:

We have enough defensive depth that we could get away with giving up ONLY 2 1sts if we throw in 2 defensive players.....DO IT!

We are not the Chicago Bears! We are supposed to be the San Francisco 49ers a rich tradition of offensive dominance. f**k the defense.

Sellout for the offense FOR ONCE IN THE LAST 20 PLUS YEARS!

We would've never been in this position if the 49ers used their first-round pick in 2017 on Deshone "The Black Peyton Manning" Kizer.

f**k the defense
It's not like Mahomes threw 2 interceptions in the past SB and his defense saved his ass.
Not like Tom Brady threw 3 interceptions and Todd Bowles defense saved them from a Packers comeback.
Not like GB last year were putrid in the NFCC because their defense couldn't stop Mostert and Jimmy didn't have to throw the ball.
Or Denver winning a ring with their defense with Peyton Manning corpse.
Or Brandon Graham doing the game winning strip sack against Tom Brady.
Russ riding the LOB defense to a ring, and hasn't been back to the NFCC since his defense got expensive and old.
f**k, even Montana when they ask him about his championships talks about the stacked defense he had.
Yeah right, f**k the defense.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Also I doubt it'd be only 2 1st rounders, they'll want 3 IMO, and likely multiple day 2 picks, plus 2 defensive stars, if so, no thanks.

Not even the Rams would pull such a ridiculous trade
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
For real. Few QB's can truly mask bad O-line play and I don't think any can do it consistently and against good teams.

We've seen plenty of highly thought of quarterbacks get drafted high, then have no O-line because they're on a bad team, get hammered and then be like shell shocked WWI soldiers.

The Niners O line isn't as bad as it looked last year.

Hmmmm.

The old Blaine Gabbert-effect.
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
f**k the d

f**k the defense
It's not like Mahomes threw 2 interceptions in the past SB and his defense saved his ass.
Not like Tom Brady threw 3 interceptions and Todd Bowles defense saved them from a Packers comeback.
Not like GB last year were putrid in the NFCC because their defense couldn't stop Mostert and Jimmy didn't have to throw the ball.
Russ riding the LOB defense to a ring, and hasn't been back to the NFCC since his defense got expensive and old.
f**k, even Montana when they ask him about his championships talks about the stacked defense he had.

You just proved how little D means in 2021. Rams got spanked by Rodgers. If that doesn't put an end to this D vs O debate I don't know what will. And the kicker is McVay had to go upgrade the QB because even he CONCEDES you cannot win with an elite defense only....

The defense rests their case your honor.
Lol, so we should trade 2 1st's, maybe additional picks, plus Bosa & Warner for Watson? C'mon dude, that's frigging ridiculous if that's what you're getting at, trade the best young EDGE, and best LB in the NFL? No thanks. There's no one else on the team that would suit those needs, I doubt they want just any 2 defensive players, they likely want stars, not scrubs.

No I'm not sure if Warner is needed in that trade likely someone else will do it for them even so yes I would do that. For once sellout for the most important side of the football. How many times are we going to keep hammering our heads on the same wall by building an elite defense and a weak offense? 2 failed superbowls in the last decade isn't enough proof that it will never work?? What is wrong with people?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

We have enough defensive depth that we could get away with giving up ONLY 2 1sts if we throw in 2 defensive players.....DO IT!

We are not the Chicago Bears! We are supposed to be the San Francisco 49ers a rich tradition of offensive dominance. f**k the defense.

A healthy elite defense beats a healthy elite offense!

Every team that has won the SB in the last 10 years with the exception of 1 had a top 10 D. In many cases, they were top 5.

Defense still wins Championships.
f**k the d

f**k the defense

You just proved how little D means in 2021. Rams got spanked by Rodgers. If that doesn't put an end to this D vs O debate I don't know what will. And the kicker is McVay had to go upgrade the QB because even he CONCEDES you cannot win with an elite defense only....

Stupid fans this wants the 49ers to be the NFC version of the Houston Texans. Should trade everything for Watson, let him throw for almost 5000 yards and 30 TD, have a bottom ranked defense and finish 4-12. That's what these losers wants. Go root for Houston if that's what you like watching.
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by Giedi:

A healthy elite defense beats a healthy elite offense!

Every team that has won the SB in the last 10 years with the exception of 1 had a top 10 D. In many cases, they were top 5.

Defense still wins Championships.

Let's not forget about the losers. We had top 5 defense in both loses.
f**k the d

f**k the defense

Are you kidding me? This one game prove it all? Was the defensive MVP Aaron Donald close to 100% in that game vs the Packers?
smoking crack if you think we give up warner and bosa plus two/three 1st's lol. stick to madden

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
smoking crack if you think we give up warner and bosa plus two/three 1st's lol. stick to madden

Yeah. Trading just one would hurt but at least make sense. Trading both destroys our defense.

They just said defensive starters though. So they can have Dre Greenlaw and Javon Kinlaw
Lol, so we should trade 2 1st's, maybe additional picks, plus Bosa & Warner for Watson? C'mon dude, that's frigging ridiculous if that's what you're getting at, trade the best young EDGE, and best LB in the NFL? No thanks. There's no one else on the team that would suit those needs, I doubt they want just any 2 defensive players, they likely want stars, not scrubs.

No I'm not sure if Warner is needed in that trade likely someone else will do it for them even so yes I would do that. For once sellout for the most important side of the football. How many times are we going to keep hammering our heads on the same wall by building an elite defense and a weak offense? 2 failed superbowls in the last decade isn't enough proof that it will never work?? What is wrong with people?

If Watson is so good why would they deal him? I mean they were an amazing 4-12 with him at the helm.
f**k the d

f**k the defense

Stupid fans this wants the 49ers to be the NFC version of the Houston Texans. Should trade everything for Watson, let him throw for almost 5000 yards and 30 TD, have a bottom ranked defense and finish 4-12. That's what these losers wants. Go root for Houston if that's what you like watching.

Originally posted by Cisco0623:
If Watson is so good why would they deal him? I mean they were an amazing 4-12 with him at the helm.

My understanding is that the Texans are taking phone calls but not discussing Watson, as in , "He's not available".

But here's a question i haven't really seen much of. Personally i like Watson and think he is a true talent. But what about the issue of Watson being really ticked off about wanting to be consulted on any GM or HC hiring? That sounds like discontent and if that happens to be your QB, then your team is in deep doo doo.

Yet little if anything has been said about Watson's demands that he be consulted before any new GM/HC was hired. Do we really want someone like that in the locker room? Somehow that just doesn't sound like a Shanny /Lynch type of player.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

My understanding is that the Texans are taking phone calls but not discussing Watson, as in , "He's not available".

But here's a question i haven't really seen much of. Personally i like Watson and think he is a true talent. But what about the issue of Watson being really ticked off about wanting to be consulted on any GM or HC hiring? That sounds like discontent and if that happens to be your QB, then your team is in deep doo doo.

Yet little if anything has been said about Watson's demands that he be consulted before any new GM/HC was hired. Do we really want someone like that in the locker room? Somehow that just doesn't sound like a Shanny /Lynch type of player.

I personally don't. And imo Kyle and co aren't interested in him. Certainly not for what it would cost to get him. What you bring up is just obviously a red flag, but it's the millennials time now lol
Share 49ersWebzone