There are 88 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Was it a horrible signing last year? No

He was the best cb last year. No reason to let him walk unless Saleh overpays for him

He didn't earn 8-10 million dollars last year. He's going to command that much this offseason. He's been here for 3 years; two of which were filled with injuries. That's an availability of 33 percent. You're willing to take those odds?
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Do you know exactly what we really offered for Mack?

Not off the top of my head, no.

It's was better than what the Raiders accepted

That's all anyone can really say, John Lynch didn't say in black and white letters what they actually offered, well at least from what I've seen. He could've said anything to appease the fan base.
Lynch has never had to do that before. Do you really belive that or just thinking out loud ?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Was it a horrible signing last year? No

He was the best cb last year. No reason to let him walk unless Saleh overpays for him

He didn't earn 8-10 million dollars last year. He's going to command that much this offseason. He's been here for 3 years; two of which were filled with injuries. That's an availability of 33 percent. You're willing to take those odds?
lol He's only been here for two years

He's not going to make 8-10 million.
Truth.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Truth.

This
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Truth.

This

+2
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Truth.

This

+2

Lol forget superstar, how about one that isn't made of glass.

Well he missed the 2018. My point still stands...
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Well he missed the 2018. My point still stands...
lol, we didn't sign him until 2019
Truth.

Yup because losing 1 player and multiple future draft picks is enough to turn the team who played in the SB last season into the New York Jets.......

What an absolute pathetic justification from a brown nose blue check mark "journalist" who is clearly attempting to bail out this cheap FO.

#2MoreYearsBeforeTheirContractsAreUp

Originally posted by awp8912:
Truth.

Yup because losing 1 player and multiple future draft picks is enough to turn the team who played in the SB last season into the New York Jets.......

What an absolute pathetic justification from a brown nose blue check mark "journalist" who is clearly attempting to bail out this cheap FO.

shut your trap they are going nowhere. Deal with it or go root for other teams.
Or keep whinning, it's fun reading losers cry
Truth.

This. Watson threw for almost 5,000 yards. His team went 4-12. Rodgers hasn't won a thing without a Top 5 defense. Brees only won a SB when he had a turnover crazed defense. Russell Wilson didn't need to complete a single pass for the Seahawks to win the SB in 2014 because the Seattle defense and run game was so damn good. Dude threw for 4 INT's in the NFCCG and his team still won because of the talent around him.

Its great to have a great QB but a great QB isn't going to be able to overcome poor talent around them. Best case scenario you wind up with a team that wins 9-11 games a year and gets knocked out in the first or second playoff game each time because you run into a much more complete team.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Truth.

This. Watson threw for almost 5,000 yards. His team went 4-12. Rodgers hasn't won a thing without a Top 5 defense. Brees only won a SB when he had a turnover crazed defense. Russell Wilson didn't need to complete a single pass for the Seahawks to win the SB in 2014 because the Seattle defense and run game was so damn good. Dude threw for 4 INT's in the NFCCG and his team still won because of the talent around him.

Its great to have a great QB but a great QB isn't going to be able to overcome poor talent around them. Best case scenario you wind up with a team that wins 9-11 games a year and gets knocked out in the first or second playoff game each time because you run into a much more complete team.

Like Aaron Rodgers who lost to Jimmy G who threw 6 passes because their defense couldn't stop Mostert and their OL couldn't stop Bosa.
And we'll see how Mahomes will do with a crippled OL against Todd Bowles defense. Mahomes threw 2 interceptions in the past SuperBowl and he's facing Tom Brady not Jimmy G this time.
I believe Tom Brady is the only guy I've seen truly elevate the level of the OL and WR around him.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by awp8912:
Truth.

Kyle is signed thru 2025 and Lynch is here thru 2024.

Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
Like Aaron Rodgers who lost to Jimmy G who threw 6 passes because their defense couldn't stop Mostert and their OL couldn't stop Bosa.
And we'll see how Mahomes will do with a crippled OL against Todd Bowles defense. Mahomes threw 2 interceptions in the past SuperBowl and he's facing Tom Brady not Jimmy G this time.
I believe Tom Brady is the only guy I've seen truly elevate the level of the OL and WR around him.

Even Brady couldn't do much with the Patriots lack of talent on offense last season. You need a complete team, to be able to play well at all levels. Offense, defense and special teams. Even the best QB of all time can only do so much if you have a defense that leaks like a sieve and can't stop people. The 49ers trading a ton of picks for a QB is one thing, if they feel the QB is worth it, whatever, picks aren't guaranteed anyways but when you start talking about trading young, cornerstone players like Bosa and Warner, that is where it doesn't make any sense to me.

You take one step forward and then you take one step back. You improve on offense but you lose on defense and ultimately, if you're going to the playoffs and you're facing Rodgers, Wilson, Watson, Mahomes, whomever, you need to have a great pass rush to counter them otherwise you'll score 30, give up 45 and be sent packing.
Share 49ersWebzone