There are 107 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
To those wondering about McKinley, usually once you fail a physical it means there's serious issues going on, and teams won't risk keeping them on the team, if he gets healthy before the season ends then we could bring him back, but usually when a player fails a physical, they're not signed, or they get cut like Jullian Taylor did.
Does anyone know how many comp picks a team can get in a year? I thought it was 3.since we have like 40 guys going to be UFAs in the offseason, we probably will offset and have 3 comps anyway. So I don't think the Takk pickup for a comp matters.
Takk McKinley is a no go. No problem. Plan should be to bring in Ryan Kerrigan in the off-season to get into a rotation with Bosa and Hyder.
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Takk McKinley is a no go. No problem. Plan should be to bring in Ryan Kerrigan in the off-season to get into a rotation with Bosa and Hyder.

49ers don't have the money for this lol. Hyder is on pace to finish with 10 sacks. He's going to get paid in free agency.
Originally posted by Heroism:
49ers don't have the money for this lol. Hyder is on pace to finish with 10 sacks. He's going to get paid in free agency.
I am not saying he won't but he is 29 and there is no prior history of success before he got here. It might not be this astronomical deal that some believe. Let's see what happens with the cap and what happens with some of these guys that are getting paid nicely that don't play.
I am not saying he won't but he is 29 and there is no prior history of success before he got here. It might not be this astronomical deal that some believe. Let's see what happens with the cap and what happens with some of these guys that are getting paid nicely that don't play.

A small cap year might work against Hyder also
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

That's what some think and that's what we're going on but we don't know how much for sure yet.

Well, he had 8 sacks in 2016, so it's not true that he has no history of success. The fact that he's 29 is precisely why he's going to try to secure the biggest contract possible in free agency. This is likely the final deal he'll get in the NFL.

We just saw AA get paid with 1 good year. It happens all the time in the NFL, especially with QBs and pass rushers.

There are a bunch of teams with crazy amounts of cap space, and everyone needs a pass rusher, especially a double-digit guy.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 22, 2020 at 8:58 PM ]

Well, he had 8 sacks in 2016, so it's not true that he has no history of success. The fact that he's 29 is precisely why he's going to try to secure the biggest contract possible in free agency. This is likely the final deal he'll get in the NFL.

We just saw AA get paid with 1 good year. It happens all the time in the NFL, especially with QBs and pass rushers.

There are a bunch of teams with crazy amounts of cap space, and everyone needs a pass rusher, especially a double-digit guy.
Armstead is a mistake but I understand why they did it.

8 sacks 4 years ago and 15 sacks in 6 years is hardly a history of success. Just think of how many people knew about him and expected anything out of him this year, including yourself.

I don't doubt that he will try to cash in but he is also not going to bankrupt a team. If they want to keep him and they should because there isn't anyone on the other side of Bosa I believe they will. We just have to wait and see with the cap and money tied up to guys that aren't contributing like I stated previously. We'll see what happens.
[ Edited by Niner4ever on Nov 22, 2020 at 10:01 PM ]
CB might be a bigger need than O-Line at this point.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
man, as talented as we are, we got lots of holes to fill
Share 49erswebzone