There are 272 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Who's the QB of the defense and special teams. Saleh and Hightower?

Who's getting paid $27M to make plays? Without a doubt you can point fingers all over the place. QB play is at or near the top for me week 1
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
JG had ample time to throw. Not sure how anyone could point to IOL as the problem with that game . Well I can, but it would deeply rooted in bias lol

"Time to throw" is an oversimplification on how Shanahan's offense works. Jonnydel detailed this in his game film recap. It's all about the rhythm and details of the specific play, not necessarily just the QB's time in the pocket. All the skill players - Garoppolo, RBs, WRs, TEs - had sloppy details in the Cardinals game, and it all added up to missed opportunities and out-of-rhythm plays.
Originally posted by captveg:
"Time to throw" is an oversimplification on how Shanahan's offense works. Jonnydel detailed this in his game film recap. It's all about the rhythm and details of the specific play, not necessarily just the QB's time in the pocket. All the skill players - Garoppolo, RBs, WRs, TEs - had sloppy details in the Cardinals game, and it all added up to missed opportunities and out-of-rhythm plays.

Agreed rhythm is very important to Shanny and whomever is his QB. Everyone plays a part in that...imo jimmy didn't make proper reads pre/post snaps. He didn't let his reads develop for the most part. He was late on throws, inaccurate on throws he made that could have went for bigger gains (or not gotten our start TE hurt). His mechanics overall weren't good etc.

I chalk a lot of it up to rust with little preseason. Hopefully he improves because Kyle wasn't asking him to make all these ridiculous throws, he left a lot of plays on the field.
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
JG had ample time to throw. Not sure how anyone could point to IOL as the problem with that game . Well I can, but it would deeply rooted in bias lol

Agreed. But I'm not talking about JG/others and the rhythm . I'm talking strictly about the OL and providing a clean pocket and protection , both of which the they did. They were not the issue in that game
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Sep 18, 2020 at 2:55 PM ]
this roster is a f**king joke. all this talent an we cant even get all our starters on the field at the same time. kittles injury is worse than reported...just look at how it went with him last year. injured his knee in a game...came back in.... that week it was "minor" an he was "day to day" an he missed what 3 or 4 games? expect the same this season. in fact does anyone remember the last time kittle wasnt knicked up. sucks having the best TE in the league that wel never get to have playing at 100% of his ability. i dont think hes been 100% since 2018. think about that. dee ford is hurt every damn week if it isnt one thing its another. if they dont trade him or restructure his contract significantly reducing his pay this offseason then i will be shocked. 50% of a player who can only play 50% of the time is not worth what hes getting it doesnt matter how good you are. sherman is probably on his last leg, i love his talent but his body is giving out it looks like.

iv said this before but we need to draft an acquire for durability from now on out. theres no point in drafting for talent cause look where it gets us. the most talented roster in the NFL that cant even get on the f**king field. we need to draft players who can play EVERY WEEK, not half the season.
Better cut a lot of dead weight at the end of the year
We barely got no cash yet you have the rams extending everyone
  • 91til
  • Veteran
this how everyone's gonna be all year and every year til we finally get #6 eh...
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Better cut a lot of dead weight at the end of the year

e.g.
Solomon Thomas
Pettis
Kwon
Whiterspoon
Hightower
Jimmy, if he doesn't show vast improvement in the next games.
Dee Ford
Richburg
[ Edited by Koldo on Sep 18, 2020 at 3:13 PM ]
Originally posted by stefano89:
this roster is a f**king joke. all this talent an we cant even get all our starters on the field at the same time. kittles injury is worse than reported...just look at how it went with him last year. injured his knee in a game...came back in.... that week it was "minor" an he was "day to day" an he missed what 3 or 4 games? expect the same this season. in fact does anyone remember the last time kittle wasnt knicked up. sucks having the best TE in the league that wel never get to have playing at 100% of his ability. i dont think hes been 100% since 2018. think about that. dee ford is hurt every damn week if it isnt one thing its another. if they dont trade him or restructure his contract significantly reducing his pay this offseason then i will be shocked. 50% of a player who can only play 50% of the time is not worth what hes getting it doesnt matter how good you are. sherman is probably on his last leg, i love his talent but his body is giving out it looks like.

iv said this before but we need to draft an acquire for durability from now on out. theres no point in drafting for talent cause look where it gets us. the most talented roster in the NFL that cant even get on the f**king field. we need to draft players who can play EVERY WEEK, not half the season.

Didn't Shanny/Lynch fire the entire training staff2 years ago because of TOO MANY INJURIES ? How's that working out ?

• thl408
Originally posted by kezarkid:

Didn't Shanny/Lynch fire the entire training staff2 years ago because of TOO MANY INJURIES ? How's that working out ?

What's the training staff have to do with taking a helmet to the knee?
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
We barely got no cash yet you have the rams extending everyone

They will pay the piper at some point. Theyve been kicking the can down the road. Seattle ran into this a couple years ago and they haven't been able to get over-the-top talent ever since. The only recent one is Jamal Adams who will command a HUGE payday.

Another example is the raiders. It's why they traded mack and let other assets go while picking up a cheap Incongnito andoaded up on draft picks to rebuild.

Dallas is about to hit that point soon too, they'll have to go bargain bin hunting on defense.
Originally posted by 91til:
this how everyone's gonna be all year and every year til we finally get #6 eh...

Pretty much

I have a completely different outlook on Kittle's knee injuries this year and last than your above rant. I see both injuries as possibly having done much worse damage than they did in seeing the knee-area hits he took. I thought for sure last year's helmet-to-knee hit by the Cards' Jones was going to cause him to miss much more time - perhaps the entire season. Last Sunday's injury could have been much worse, too. If he's back and good to go in a week vs. the Giants I for one will be ecstatic. Hoping for that game or the following game vs. the Eagles.

I mean, is it really that surprising? The guy plays pretty recklessly. I'm not saying that in a disparaging way, I'm just saying that he leaves it all out on the field and definitely doesn't shy away from contact. Speaking of big, bruising tight ends ... Rob Gronkowski hasn't played a full 16 game season since 2011!
Share 49ersWebzone