LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by stefano89:
this roster is a f**king joke. all this talent an we cant even get all our starters on the field at the same time. kittles injury is worse than reported...just look at how it went with him last year. injured his knee in a game...came back in.... that week it was "minor" an he was "day to day" an he missed what 3 or 4 games? expect the same this season. in fact does anyone remember the last time kittle wasnt knicked up. sucks having the best TE in the league that wel never get to have playing at 100% of his ability. i dont think hes been 100% since 2018. think about that. dee ford is hurt every damn week if it isnt one thing its another. if they dont trade him or restructure his contract significantly reducing his pay this offseason then i will be shocked. 50% of a player who can only play 50% of the time is not worth what hes getting it doesnt matter how good you are. sherman is probably on his last leg, i love his talent but his body is giving out it looks like.

iv said this before but we need to draft an acquire for durability from now on out. theres no point in drafting for talent cause look where it gets us. the most talented roster in the NFL that cant even get on the f**king field. we need to draft players who can play EVERY WEEK, not half the season.
I mean, is it really that surprising? The guy plays pretty recklessly. I'm not saying that in a disparaging way, I'm just saying that he leaves it all out on the field and definitely doesn't shy away from contact. Speaking of big, bruising tight ends ... Rob Gronkowski hasn't played a full 16 game season since 2011!

ya but werent both of his knee injuries not his fault at all or even due to his play. this year its just jimmy threw that ball way above his head on the play that NEVER works. shanny needs to erase that play!!! haha that was bad, i thought it was for sure a hyper extended knee idk how it isnt. if he has no serious damage to that knee i am convinced his legs are made of titanium. its the only legit explanation.

also ya they did revamp the medical/training staff an look how much it helped us out with injuries. not at all. s**t we might be even worse off now. wev experienced enough now for it to warrant them looking at that dept again and figuring out an improvement. we wont win s**t with a glass roster, im telling you doesnt matter who we draft. doesnt matter how talented our guys or shanny is. if our plays are consistently getting hurt this much we. wont. win. s**t.
  • evil
  • Veteran
If Bosa is lost for the year, we should call Washington and find out what it might take to pry Kerrigan away from them. Last year of his deal and they have Young and Sweat already in the fold.
Hey John, give Cameron Wake a call
Originally posted by evil:
If Bosa is lost for the year, we should call Washington and find out what it might take to pry Kerrigan away from them. Last year of his deal and they have Young and Sweat already in the fold.

Good idea.

Agreed
Originally posted by kezarkid:
Originally posted by stefano89:
this roster is a f**king joke. all this talent an we cant even get all our starters on the field at the same time. kittles injury is worse than reported...just look at how it went with him last year. injured his knee in a game...came back in.... that week it was "minor" an he was "day to day" an he missed what 3 or 4 games? expect the same this season. in fact does anyone remember the last time kittle wasnt knicked up. sucks having the best TE in the league that wel never get to have playing at 100% of his ability. i dont think hes been 100% since 2018. think about that. dee ford is hurt every damn week if it isnt one thing its another. if they dont trade him or restructure his contract significantly reducing his pay this offseason then i will be shocked. 50% of a player who can only play 50% of the time is not worth what hes getting it doesnt matter how good you are. sherman is probably on his last leg, i love his talent but his body is giving out it looks like.

iv said this before but we need to draft an acquire for durability from now on out. theres no point in drafting for talent cause look where it gets us. the most talented roster in the NFL that cant even get on the f**king field. we need to draft players who can play EVERY WEEK, not half the season.

Didn't Shanny/Lynch fire the entire training staff2 years ago because of TOO MANY INJURIES ? How's that working out ?

Hey stefano, Dee has only had 1 bad season due to injuries, in 2017 he missed 9 games due to injuries, in every other year he's played at least 10 games. It's been 1 damn week, don't you think you're overreacting a bit? This is the NFL, every team has injury issues, not just us.
Need some QBs
CBS
IOL
Tackle wouldn't hurt because MM sucks
Has a lot of trash to purge from the roster too.

Pretty much the usual
[ Edited by ninersrule4 on Sep 20, 2020 at 1:03 PM ]
Stop letting the garbage hang around. Bring in better players or somebody with upside.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
John Lynch: So yah Ezekiel Ansah can you call him back please!!!
so it looks like we weren't prepared for this season at all. Did we think that Covid was going to cancel it or something?

Maybe Strength & Conditioning needs to get looked at again.

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
so it looks like we weren't prepared for this season at all. Did we think that Covid was going to cancel it or something?

And after this list was posted Davante Adams left the game with a hamstring injury.

And after this list was posted Davante Adams left the game with a hamstring injury.

You do realize this is the WZ, people overreact all the time, so they will ignore your post, and just say "we suck, we always have the injuries, no one else in the NFL gets hurt" etc... God I hate this place sometimes.

Makes $11.5M, we're only $10.187M under, plus we need cap room for emergencies, PS promotions, and per game roster bonus pay backs.

Trainers can only be thrown under the bus so much. It's a brutal sport. When 250 lb + humans fall on body parts bad things happen to those bodies. When people get twisted at awkward angles bad things happen to joints in legs.

No training staff in the world would have prevented Bosa's knee injury today. Bosa is one of the best conditioned athletes in the world.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
You do realize this is the WZ, people overreact all the time, so they will ignore your post, and just say "we suck, we always have the injuries, no one else in the NFL gets hurt" etc... God I hate this place sometimes.

Oh I do, just pointing out how bad today was with injuries in the early window.
Share 49ersWebzone