LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

The way our defense play's makes me wonder: Do the 49ers still lift weights?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We do polatis and yoga these days.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
We do polatis and yoga these days.

Hot yoga, get it right!
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by susweel:
Jed sold all the weights on ebay to save money.

I thought it was on Craigslist.

Nope. Craigslist = San Francisco. ebay = Silicon Valley.
Chip's strength and conditioning coach has the team doing this instead of lifting weights

[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Nov 28, 2016 at 2:51 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:
His teams are created in his likeness: he wants to bully teams ala Bo Schembechler.

See San Diego State, Stanford, 49ers, and Michigan.

The guy is a A++ football coach.

If that's the case what is chips likeness?
Originally posted by jcs:
His teams are created in his likeness: he wants to bully teams ala Bo Schembechler.

See San Diego State, Stanford, 49ers, and Michigan.

The guy is a A++ football coach.

If that's the case what is chips likeness?

100% Speed!
I remember when Alex Boone said Harbaugh just grinds on you. JH was all football all the time. Back then our team looked more physical and stronger than our opponents, and then JH leaves and we forget how to tackle and guys just seem like they have lost that physical edge.

I wonder if we now lift light weights once a week or something instead of that everyday grind?

Michigan also now looks physically imposing!

You're not supposed to lift everyday
Originally posted by acrownlessking:
I remember when Alex Boone said Harbaugh just grinds on you. JH was all football all the time. Back then our team looked more physical and stronger than our opponents, and then JH leaves and we forget how to tackle and guys just seem like they have lost that physical edge.

I wonder if we now lift light weights once a week or something instead of that everyday grind?

Michigan also now looks physically imposing!

You're not supposed to lift everyday

Why wouldn't you lift everyday?

High school football teams lift weights everyday!

Well im not a personal trainer or anything, but ive always been told that working your muscles hard everyday will not only increase risk of injury, but your muscles actually grow during rest days. Not during working them out. So if you want bigger muscles, workout consistently and make sure you rest !

*The information provided in this message is intended to provide general information only and the information has been prepared without taking into account any particular person's objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on such information, you should consider the appropriateness of the information having regard to your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. In particular, you should obtain professional advice before acting on the information contained in this message
Originally posted by Goatie:
In all seriousness, the fact that the defence starts out reasonably strong but fades through the game is down to two things:

1. They are spending more time on the field then they are used to due to possession issues with our offense.

2. They lack endurance and need to do more aerobic training rather than strength training.

If they improve their endurance they will not fade. The tubby ones have to do a little more running around in training.

I note the old man of the team Phil Dawson was almost able to run a guy down and at least slow him down a bit on special teams, so what is going on with all the young'uns if the old man can do that??

3. A lot of the guys starting right now are just not starting talent. 3/4 LBs are at best backups, with the 4th (Brooks) in his waning years. Bethea's days as a starter are coming to a rapid end. When Purcell was in at NT he was clearly not talented enough to be the first backup let alone starter. Replace those 6 positions with starter level ability (which we've seen with Dorsey in the last couple weeks) and some of these tackling/strength issues go away quickly.
[ Edited by captveg on Dec 2, 2016 at 12:36 PM ]

Originally posted by acrownlessking:

Well im not a personal trainer or anything, but ive always been told that working your muscles hard everyday will not only increase risk of injury, but your muscles actually grow during rest days. Not during working them out. So if you want bigger muscles, workout consistently and make sure you rest !

*The information provided in this message is intended to provide general information only and the information has been prepared without taking into account any particular person's objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on such information, you should consider the appropriateness of the information having regard to your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. In particular, you should obtain professional advice before acting on the information contained in this message

What we did was work different muscles on different days.
What we did was work different muscles on different days.

Yea, i was told a Mon- Upper body, tuesday- lower body , wednesday- rest (or cardio) , thursday upper body, friday lower body- Sat, sun rest (or cardio)

But once again, this is just hearsay. When i was in high school its probably safe to assume that i would have definitely been working out everyday especially if i was playing football. Oh, how i miss the life of no responsibility!

[ Edited by acrownlessking on Dec 2, 2016 at 1:47 PM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by susweel:
Jed sold all the weights on ebay to save money.

I thought it was on Craigslist.

I think he charges the players to be able to use the weights.
Niners give idiots like Aldon paid vacations.

#SOFT
Originally posted by sacniner:
This thread is funny, but honestly, the reports from Tomsula were concerning. He made the team soft. Although, Chip had a reputation of making guys work too hard.

Soft? He turned them into pansies. Tomusla was a pal, and not a coach. He had too many time-off days, cellphone time for players etc. For crying out loud, you are paid A LOT for a few months of training. Be focused! Can't your stupid calls wait until you get home to tell wifey what you want for dinner?
Share 49ersWebzone