LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

The way our defense play's makes me wonder: Do the 49ers still lift weights?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I remember when Alex Boone said Harbaugh just grinds on you. JH was all football all the time. Back then our team looked more physical and stronger than our opponents, and then JH leaves and we forget how to tackle and guys just seem like they have lost that physical edge.

I wonder if we now lift light weights once a week or something instead of that everyday grind?

Michigan also now looks physically imposing!
Sad
They are doing prancercise instead of weights.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
They are doing prancercise instead of weights.

LOL
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Jed sold all the weights on ebay to save money.
Originally posted by susweel:
Jed sold all the weights on ebay to save money.

LOL
LOL.

They certainly don't practice form tackling, gang tackling or stripping the ball.
#SOFT
Originally posted by NCommand:
LOL.

They certainly don't practice form tackling, gang tackling or stripping the ball.

When I see our guys flying in to make a tackle, I say missed tackle in my mind before they even make contact!
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
#SOFT

This is sad considering how tough we were just a few years ago.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
#SOFT

I knew this would happen after they fired JH. His teams always play hard and go all out.
Originally posted by susweel:
#SOFT

I knew this would happen after they fired JH. His teams always play hard and go all out.

His teams are created in his likeness: he wants to bully teams ala Bo Schembechler.

See San Diego State, Stanford, 49ers, and Michigan.

The guy is a A++ football coach.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
In all seriousness, the fact that the defence starts out reasonably strong but fades through the game is down to two things:

1. They are spending more time on the field then they are used to due to possession issues with our offense.

2. They lack endurance and need to do more aerobic training rather than strength training.

If they improve their endurance they will not fade. The tubby ones have to do a little more running around in training.

I note the old man of the team Phil Dawson was almost able to run a guy down and at least slow him down a bit on special teams, so what is going on with all the young'uns if the old man can do that??
This thread is funny, but honestly, the reports from Tomsula were concerning. He made the team soft. Although, Chip had a reputation of making guys work too hard.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
This thread is funny, but honestly, the reports from Tomsula were concerning. He made the team soft. Although, Chip had a reputation of making guys work too hard.

Chip needs to make them work harder.
Share 49ersWebzone