LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

49ers vs Alabama

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
ANY organization would NEVER allow their team to play NCAA'S best...

why?? It's a NO WIN situation...

We beat Alabama by 14, and we'll be hearing .. 49ers ought to, heck they're PROS...

We beat Alabama by 3, and we'll be hearing... daymmmmm.... if it wasn't for that, or this, or the ref, it coulda gone into OT?

We lose to Alabama and it'll be like.. DAMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.... HOW CAN YOU PAY ARMO AND BUCKO THAT MUCH MONEY WHEN THEY CAN'T EVEN HANG W/TWO OLs THAT ARE SOPHOMORES !!!
We had this discussion in 2004. USC would've smashed us back then lol
Delta community college would beat the niners sorry asses.
Chip has never beat an SEC team
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
i honestly think Alabama would win. Their defense is better.

lol they allowed 43 vs Ole Miss
allowed 30 vs Arkansas
Will probably allow 30 vs Auburn

Their defense is certainly dominant at the college football level, absolutely no denying that. They would get embarrassed vs any Pro team. Cody Kessler is putting up numbers vs NFL teams with the sorry ass Browns, what do you think he would do right now vs that Alabama defense? Browns would probably drop 50 on them
the only reason why it wouldn't be a blowout (we would still win) is because they have a good defense and our offense isn't good, and they have a good running game and our run defense is historically bad.
The 49ers would win but it wouldn't be a blowout. Probably something like 31-17
Originally posted by fip24:
49ers -34.5
As I mentioned on another post, the Niners would kill any college team. However, if I was the GM of the Niners, I would trade the current roster for the Tide roster in a heartbeat.
The TIDE will have 5 1st rd picks and 2 or 3 2nd rd picks in this years draft. Not to mention all of the 5 star underclassmen who will become 1st rd picks in future drafts.
Much better core group to build a team around, and that is very, very sad.

Since 2009 and not counting the past year, Alabama has had 55 players drafted. Of those 55 only 6 have made the pro bowl which is a bust rate of 90%. Now I'm not saying all those players who didn't make the pro bowl are busts but they certainly aren't players to build a team around.

If you take just the first round into consideration your bust rate lowers to 70% which is about 1-2 players out of those 5 you mentioned that might actually turn out to be pro bowlers.

So no I will not take bama's roster over ours.
We suck but fully grown adult professionals will always push around developing amateur adolescents.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Nov 15, 2016 at 1:38 PM ]
We are too good for the Crimson Tide. Our level of competition is the Browns and Bears.

While Bama has NFL caliber players on their roster, all of the players on the 49ers are actually in the NFL. The pros will easily win this game.
lol Bama can't even beat Ohio State. But congrats on Prop 64.
https://www.whatifsports.com/nfl/default.asp#top
Originally posted by fip24:
49ers -34.5
As I mentioned on another post, the Niners would kill any college team. However, if I was the GM of the Niners, I would trade the current roster for the Tide roster in a heartbeat.
The TIDE will have 5 1st rd picks and 2 or 3 2nd rd picks in this years draft. Not to mention all of the 5 star underclassmen who will become 1st rd picks in future drafts.
Much better core group to build a team around, and that is very, very sad.

I would make that trade in a heartbeat as well.

They have 5 players who could start for us in their front 7 alone (Allen, Payne, Williams, Anderson, and Foster) and Humphrey who could be a top 10 pick in the secondary. Then on offense, they have Cam Robinson who is much better than any of our young offensive linemen, O.J. Howard who will likely be a 1st round pick at TE, Ridley who is probably the top WR in the class of 2019, and Harris who is one of the top RB's in that class.

Who do we have to build around? Buckner, Armstead (hasn't been impressive), Hyde (always hurt and not special), and Lynch? Allen is a better player than Buckner, Humphrey is a better prospect by far than anyone in our secondary, and Lynch vs. Williams is a wash at best (I'd take Williams due to his age and athleticism). Either way, we'd be rebuilding, but with Alabama's roster, we would have much better young pieces to build around.

I would trade our entire roster for just their juniors and seniors. If you throw in their freshman and sophomores who will probably end up being as good, a lot of teams around the league would make that trade. The Browns and 49ers wouldn't think twice.

Having said that, the 49ers would probably win by 30 points. There's a big difference between college football and the NFL. Alabama probably has 8-9 players who could make an impact right away, but that leaves a lot of holes filled by players who have no business starting on an NFL roster right now. If you made an All-Star team with the best players at every position in college, it would thrash the 49ers, but there will never be a team with day 1 NFL starters at almost every position in college. This article has Alabama projected as a 27 point underdog against the Browns:
http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/handicapper-alabama-would-be-27-point-underdogs-to-nfls-browns-take-the-points/
The score would be somewhere in the 63-3 range.
Share 49ersWebzone