There are 162 users in the forums

49ers vs Alabama

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
The score would be somewhere in the 63-3 range.

Dawson gets us that 3 tho.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Since 2009 and not counting the past year, Alabama has had 55 players drafted. Of those 55 only 6 have made the pro bowl which is a bust rate of 90%. Now I'm not saying all those players who didn't make the pro bowl are busts but they certainly aren't players to build a team around.

If you take just the first round into consideration your bust rate lowers to 70% which is about 1-2 players out of those 5 you mentioned that might actually turn out to be pro bowlers.

So no I will not take bama's roster over ours.

First off, you counted wrong - it's 47 players excluding the 2016 draft. 55 players includes the 2016 draft, so you're including 8 players who couldn't possibly have made a pro bowl yet as busts. It's also absurd to count players who were drafted in the past few years who haven't made a pro bowl yet in your calculation of bust rate. A number of the guys you are currently calling busts will end up making pro bowls in the future.

They've already had 6 players from the 2009-2015 classes make pro bowls. That number is only going to go up and will probably be closer to 12 a decade from now. Dont'a Hightower, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Landon Collins, and Jalston Fowler will almost definitely make at least one and Kareem Jackson has a pretty good chance of making it eventually. Cyrus Kouandijo could even make one eventually.

Their roster now is also significantly more loaded with top-end NFL talent than it was from 2009-2015. They have 5 players ranked in the top 25 on CBS draft rankings including 2 in the top 5 and 3 in the top 10. They had 17 players drafted in the first round from 2009-2015 (an average of 2.4 per year) and 5 have made it to at least one pro bowl with another 3 who have a good shot at making it (Jackson, Barron, Clinton-Dix). They'll likely have at least 2 early first round picks next year too (Calvin Ridley, Minkah Fitzpatrick). I'm sure they have some talented younger players who will be early picks in 2019-2020 too. It wouldn't surprise me at all if 6-7 players from their current roster make at least one pro bowl in the NFL.

How many future pro bowlers do you see on our roster right now? Buckner has a pretty good shot, but Alabama's first round picks will have a better shot than players currently on our roster. I could see maybe 3-4, but those aren't certain (Garnett, Buckner, Lynch, maybe Rashard Robinson).

Fowler probably could have gone to the Pro Bowl last year based on his PFF grade. With how well the Titans have run the ball this season, I imagine he's doing pretty well again.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/12/should_jalston_fowler_go_to_th.html
[ Edited by eastcoast49ersfan on Nov 15, 2016 at 7:48 PM ]
Kap would look like a real qb again. Chip would feel at home with his play calling. We're built to smash Alabama.
After yesterday's game, I think its safe to say Bama would blow us out
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:

definitely. wouldn't even be close.
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Blowout. Alabama has about 20 NFL caliber players on their team right now, at best. The 49ers have 53 NFL caliber players on their team. Alabama would get destroyed and I'd feel bad for them for the first time in a long time

debatable
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Blowout. Alabama has about 20 NFL caliber players on their team right now, at best. The 49ers have 53 NFL caliber players on their team. Alabama would get destroyed and I'd feel bad for them for the first time in a long time

debatable
but Bama has an nfl calibur coach and we dont. they are playing as a team, together. the niners are playing pick up football every sunday with no plan at all.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
It would be close but Bama wins. We not only look disorganized but we play sloppy football. Saban would take advantage of that and own Chip.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Niners would win 56-14 or somewhere in that neighborhood. Alabama is used to being bigger, stronger and faster than a lot of their opponents. That would be flipped, being physically inferior at most positions would probably get a few players to quit and get destroyed.
They do have the better MLB's lol

Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Yall gotta be kidding me. Like some one else said. They have 20ish nfl caliber players we have 52. In no world would any NFL team lose to any cfb team. No matter how bad they are.
Originally posted by shmuck:

Yall gotta be kidding me. Like some one else said. They have 20ish nfl caliber players we have 52. In no world would any NFL team lose to any cfb team. No matter how bad they are.

like jeff said, debatable.
Originally posted by shmuck:

At this point it is debatable that we qualify as a bone fide NFL team.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Probably if Alabama played pro teams a couple times the scores would get closer. The first game exposed to the speed of the pro game could take them by surprise and be ugly.
The Jags played at Denver in 2013. The line was Jaguars +28. Hope that gives you an idea of how large the spread would be vs a college team. Prob in the 40's.
Share 49ersWebzone