Man, nobody buying the 49ers at all. I hate seeing things through rose colored glasses but getting absolutely zero love from anywhere...we can't be THAT bad, right? Are Gabs and Kap considered that bad to be worse than the lower 10 QB's in the league?
It seems that everyone's analysis is based solely on our starter at QB and the fact that it seems most think Chip Kelly's philosophy is a setup for disaster. What about the teams that picked ahead of us in the draft? Weren't those teams worse?
Like I said, even after taking off the rose-colored glasses, even I don't think we are the bottom feeder of the NFL. Think the only position we haven't upgraded from last year is QB and WR. Is that enough to justify more suckage?
There are 509 users in the forums
2016 49ers Preseason
Shop Find 49ers gear online
Aug 22, 2016 at 10:37 AM
- Joecool
- Veteran
- Posts: 70,984
Aug 22, 2016 at 10:41 AM
- harryj
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,002
Originally posted by Joecool:
Man, nobody buying the 49ers at all. I hate seeing things through rose colored glasses but getting absolutely zero love from anywhere...we can't be THAT bad, right? Are Gabs and Kap considered that bad to be worse than the lower 10 QB's in the league?
It seems that everyone's analysis is based solely on our starter at QB and the fact that it seems most think Chip Kelly's philosophy is a setup for disaster. What about the teams that picked ahead of us in the draft? Weren't those teams worse?
Like I said, even after taking off the rose-colored glasses, even I don't think we are the bottom feeder of the NFL. Think the only position we haven't upgraded from last year is QB and WR. Is that enough to justify more suckage?i
lets see
tenn- may be pretty bad mariotta had a good year last year and would likely improve i think they would be on the same level as us
cle- the notion is obviously theyre worse they got hue which is a step in right direction but i think were definitely better
san Diego - i think they are better
i think dallas jaguars and ravens are also clearly better than us
Aug 22, 2016 at 10:48 AM
- Joecool
- Veteran
- Posts: 70,984
Originally posted by harryj:Originally posted by Joecool:Man, nobody buying the 49ers at all. I hate seeing things through rose colored glasses but getting absolutely zero love from anywhere...we can't be THAT bad, right? Are Gabs and Kap considered that bad to be worse than the lower 10 QB's in the league?
It seems that everyone's analysis is based solely on our starter at QB and the fact that it seems most think Chip Kelly's philosophy is a setup for disaster. What about the teams that picked ahead of us in the draft? Weren't those teams worse?
Like I said, even after taking off the rose-colored glasses, even I don't think we are the bottom feeder of the NFL. Think the only position we haven't upgraded from last year is QB and WR. Is that enough to justify more suckage?i
lets see
tenn- may be pretty bad mariotta had a good year last year and would likely improve i think they would be on the same level as us
cle- the notion is obviously theyre worse they got hue which is a step in right direction but i think were definitely better
san Diego - i think they are better
i think dallas jaguars and ravens are also clearly better than us
So the fact that our defensive line appears to be a huge upgrade now that AA appears to have improved by a lot and our OL looks a couple of years ahead of schedule doesn't change things?
I mean, we may possibly have one of the leagues best offensive and defensive fronts.
Aug 22, 2016 at 10:59 AM
- crake49
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,201
Originally posted by Joecool:
Man, nobody buying the 49ers at all. I hate seeing things through rose colored glasses but getting absolutely zero love from anywhere...we can't be THAT bad, right? Are Gabs and Kap considered that bad to be worse than the lower 10 QB's in the league?
It seems that everyone's analysis is based solely on our starter at QB and the fact that it seems most think Chip Kelly's philosophy is a setup for disaster. What about the teams that picked ahead of us in the draft? Weren't those teams worse?
Like I said, even after taking off the rose-colored glasses, even I don't think we are the bottom feeder of the NFL. Think the only position we haven't upgraded from last year is QB and WR. Is that enough to justify more suckage?
That's one of this year's NFL narratives and they'll stick to it unless the Niners win some games. I think this Niners team is going to win more games than they think. There is just no comparison to last year's offense. Kelly has a system and so far, it's produced 300 and 400 yards per game - when did a Niner offense put those kinds of yards up during the last few years - not very often.
The secondary is better than expected and the D front is going to be very strong.
I'm feeling a lot better about Niner prospects this year than the media is.
Aug 22, 2016 at 11:02 AM
- susweel
- Hall of Nepal
- Posts: 122,132
Cam Inman @CamInman 3m3 minutes ago Santa Clara, CA Zane Beadles, #49ers starting left guard up to now, snapped ball in warmups with Kilgore for first time. Good idea if Marcus Martin gets cut
Aug 22, 2016 at 11:07 AM
- cciowa
- Veteran
- Posts: 60,541
Originally posted by susweel:
Cam Inman @CamInman 3m3 minutes ago Santa Clara, CA Zane Beadles, #49ers starting left guard up to now, snapped ball in warmups with Kilgore for first time. Good idea if Marcus Martin gets cut
good to have those options. beadles sounds like anthony davis in regards to having a good attitude and is willing to do whatever it takes to win a job. i understand no one wants to play here but that is the way i look at it
Aug 22, 2016 at 11:08 AM
- susweel
- Hall of Nepal
- Posts: 122,132
oh what a shocker
Matt Barrows @mattbarrows 44m44 minutes ago #49ers DC praised rookie CB Will Redmond but said "I don't know if he's all the way back yet" from ACL tear. Redmond DNP vs. Broncos.
Matt Barrows @mattbarrows 44m44 minutes ago #49ers DC praised rookie CB Will Redmond but said "I don't know if he's all the way back yet" from ACL tear. Redmond DNP vs. Broncos.
Aug 22, 2016 at 11:22 AM
- Phoenix49ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 132,361
Originally posted by Joecool:So the fact that our defensive line appears to be a huge upgrade now that AA appears to have improved by a lot and our OL looks a couple of years ahead of schedule doesn't change things?
I mean, we may possibly have one of the leagues best offensive and defensive fronts.
Or they may not. Offseason can be misleading. They dont even have a set group of 5 OL yet. Chemistry takes time.
Same with the DL and guys missing with injury.
I think that they will be well improved but they still play in a stacked division with a brutal looking schedule.
6 to 7 wins is my guess right now.
Aug 22, 2016 at 11:25 AM
- JohnMatrix
- Veteran
- Posts: 844
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Joecool:
So the fact that our defensive line appears to be a huge upgrade now that AA appears to have improved by a lot and our OL looks a couple of years ahead of schedule doesn't change things?
I mean, we may possibly have one of the leagues best offensive and defensive fronts.
Or they may not. Offseason can be misleading. They dont even have a set group of 5 OL yet. Chemistry takes time.
Same with the DL and guys missing with injury.
I think that they will be well improved but they still play in a stacked division with a brutal looking schedule.
6 to 7 wins is my guess right now.
I think on paper they are clearly better, but the schedule is one of the worst I've seen. I agree with your assesment.
Aug 22, 2016 at 11:25 AM
- ninerAxe
- Veteran
- Posts: 315
Any word on Theus and Cooper?
Aug 22, 2016 at 11:26 AM
- Joecool
- Veteran
- Posts: 70,984
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Joecool:
So the fact that our defensive line appears to be a huge upgrade now that AA appears to have improved by a lot and our OL looks a couple of years ahead of schedule doesn't change things?
I mean, we may possibly have one of the leagues best offensive and defensive fronts.
Or they may not. Offseason can be misleading. They dont even have a set group of 5 OL yet. Chemistry takes time.
Same with the DL and guys missing with injury.
I think that they will be well improved but they still play in a stacked division with a brutal looking schedule.
6 to 7 wins is my guess right now.
How would you compare the talent on this team to the talent on the 8-win 2014 team? Our OL sucked in 2014, we really didn't have Aldon Smith or Patrick Willis. The defense was Justin Smith and Lynch. Bowman with rookie Borland. Our DB's weren't that great aside from Fangio's scheme.
I honestly feel there is more talent on this team than there was on the 2014 team. I'm not sure that you can say it's the same DL. We have upgrade quite a bit.
Aug 22, 2016 at 11:28 AM
- TheXFactor
- Veteran
- Posts: 25,990
Originally posted by PacTiger:
Von Miller and TJE are bffs. TJE is obviously the DUFF
great, trade his @ss to Denver ASAP.
Aug 22, 2016 at 11:29 AM
- DonnieDarko
- Veteran
- Posts: 66,843
Originally posted by Joecool:
Man, nobody buying the 49ers at all. I hate seeing things through rose colored glasses but getting absolutely zero love from anywhere...we can't be THAT bad, right? Are Gabs and Kap considered that bad to be worse than the lower 10 QB's in the league?
It seems that everyone's analysis is based solely on our starter at QB and the fact that it seems most think Chip Kelly's philosophy is a setup for disaster. What about the teams that picked ahead of us in the draft? Weren't those teams worse?
Like I said, even after taking off the rose-colored glasses, even I don't think we are the bottom feeder of the NFL. Think the only position we haven't upgraded from last year is QB and WR. Is that enough to justify more suckage?
I think with proper coaching and a Top 5 Oline, Kap can win us some games. He was terrible last year for sure, but that s**t coaching staff and horrible Oline didn't help.
Aug 22, 2016 at 11:33 AM
- harryj
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,002
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by harryj:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Man, nobody buying the 49ers at all. I hate seeing things through rose colored glasses but getting absolutely zero love from anywhere...we can't be THAT bad, right? Are Gabs and Kap considered that bad to be worse than the lower 10 QB's in the league?
It seems that everyone's analysis is based solely on our starter at QB and the fact that it seems most think Chip Kelly's philosophy is a setup for disaster. What about the teams that picked ahead of us in the draft? Weren't those teams worse?
Like I said, even after taking off the rose-colored glasses, even I don't think we are the bottom feeder of the NFL. Think the only position we haven't upgraded from last year is QB and WR. Is that enough to justify more suckage?i
lets see
tenn- may be pretty bad mariotta had a good year last year and would likely improve i think they would be on the same level as us
cle- the notion is obviously theyre worse they got hue which is a step in right direction but i think were definitely better
san Diego - i think they are better
i think dallas jaguars and ravens are also clearly better than us
So the fact that our defensive line appears to be a huge upgrade now that AA appears to have improved by a lot and our OL looks a couple of years ahead of schedule doesn't change things?
I mean, we may possibly have one of the leagues best offensive and defensive fronts.
not enough
i love our DL i think in 2 years it may be one of the best fronts in nfl (top 5 maybe)
im still skeptical about our OL qb and wr hasnt improved secondary is unproven
but as of now i think were bottom 5 team - and im just trying to be objective
i do however think the arrow is pointing up and im only pessimistic because i think we have a bottom 3 qb situation here if either becomes just average i will be happily proven wrong
Aug 22, 2016 at 11:35 AM
- Joecool
- Veteran
- Posts: 70,984
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Man, nobody buying the 49ers at all. I hate seeing things through rose colored glasses but getting absolutely zero love from anywhere...we can't be THAT bad, right? Are Gabs and Kap considered that bad to be worse than the lower 10 QB's in the league?
It seems that everyone's analysis is based solely on our starter at QB and the fact that it seems most think Chip Kelly's philosophy is a setup for disaster. What about the teams that picked ahead of us in the draft? Weren't those teams worse?
Like I said, even after taking off the rose-colored glasses, even I don't think we are the bottom feeder of the NFL. Think the only position we haven't upgraded from last year is QB and WR. Is that enough to justify more suckage?
I think with proper coaching and a Top 5 Oline, Kap can win us some games. He was terrible last year for sure, but that s**t coaching staff and horrible Oline didn't help.
I don't know. With all things being equal last year, Gabbert played slightly better. In all honesty, Gabbert is a more enhanced version of Alex Smith. Kap has the sky's the limit ability but he must prove to be a professional in terms of handling situations and applying the offense as well.