There are 189 users in the forums

The key to fixing the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerGM:
So what is an organizational philosophy? I think there's a huge difference between a offensive/defensive philosophy and an organisational philosophy. Also what were previous regime organization philosophy under Walsh, McVay, Clark or Policy?

The WCO was both and I think that was part of its secret. It was more than just X's and O's it was a way of operating a football operation.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Fire the whack GM. That is a start.

And who hires his replacement? Right now that would be Jed and Marathe. How high is your confidence that they can properly evaluate a GM candidate? Especially for an ownership that is one of the most insulated in the league. What if said GM candidate blows, which is more likely than not since neither Jed, John, Denise nor Marathe have shown they have any sort of insight into what a well-running football organization and front office looks like. Now you're back in the same place, with the same people picking a new GM and likely a new head coach in a few years, repeating the process once more.

I'm all about ending the musical chair routine, putting someone in charge that can make decisions like firing and hiring a GM with the benefit of a strong football management resume.

Phoenix,
This argument does not hold water. Baalke was here when they hired Tomsula and fired Fangio and Donatell. Keeping Baalke is like Chryst calling a run play and 3rd and 12: "We're afraid of losing even worse."
  • thl408
Agreed with general point of OP. I wish it was just an issue of lacking talent in the field - a few good drafts can fix that. I wish it was bad schemes and strategy - a good coaching hire can fix that. There needs to be a knee jerk reaction and get an entire team of knowledgable football minds in here. We need to hope that Jed has some humility and recognize that he doesn't know enough to make important football decisions. Just supply the funds and that's all that's asked of him.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Fire the whack GM. That is a start.

And who hires his replacement? Right now that would be Jed and Marathe. How high is your confidence that they can properly evaluate a GM candidate? Especially for an ownership that is one of the most insulated in the league. What if said GM candidate blows, which is more likely than not since neither Jed, John, Denise nor Marathe have shown they have any sort of insight into what a well-running football organization and front office looks like. Now you're back in the same place, with the same people picking a new GM and likely a new head coach in a few years, repeating the process once more.

I'm all about ending the musical chair routine, putting someone in charge that can make decisions like firing and hiring a GM with the benefit of a strong football management resume.

If you look at current front office, there are three candates who were considered as NFL GM on their moment: Tom Gamble, Senior Personnel Executive; Mike Williams, Director of Pro Personnel; Matt Malaspina, Director College Scouting.
York's sell the team
Originally posted by NinerGM:
So what is an organizational philosophy? I think there's a huge difference between a offensive/defensive philosophy and an organisational philosophy. Also what were previous regime organization philosophy under Walsh, McVay, Clark or Policy?

The thing is with how the organization is constructed now we not only don't have an organizational philosophy, we also don't have an offensive/defensive philosophy! I don't know what I'm looking at on the field and that has dripped down from the very top.
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
FVCK it. We're gonna sick for a while again...
The coaching staff will probably play Hyde on a broken foot.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
York's sell the team

I'm even for York just hiring experience!!!!! He freakin hired someone who has no clue at what he's doing....no offense to Tomsula.
Great post but what advantage for those who say Niners ned to, is there to winning this season ? Not going to the playoffs, not in this division.

For the long term is it much better to lose and jettison some vets now - VD, Kaepernick especially - if they have any value ?

The lack of foresight with Hayne is a prime example of sheer bad luck mixed with a massive gamble (on Reggie Bush, of all people) gone wrong. And typical of the last six months. It's been a catastrof**k - as much misfortune as it has been bad design.

Hate to say it, and accuse me of not being a fan if you like, but there's no benefit in trying to win versus gaining a truly elite player in the draft next year. Not really.

Baalke needs to be gone though...yesterday, boy did Jed back the wrong guy.

Both need to be fire ...change the defense & offense to fit the personnel & also get speed on both sides of the ball fly hue Jackson in here asasp do what the clippers did lock him in a room until he signs
Well said. And the best possible outcome from this year
Fire Baalke. Fire Tomsula. Get the first pick and trade it for multiple picks.

The talent on this team is SO bad. Baalke is to blame and he has to go first and foremost. Well.. York would be first if you could fire the owner.
Letting Harbaugh go was unforgivable. We retained the loser (Baalke) and lost a winner (Harbs). York and his pear-shaped body needs to sell this team back to his uncle.
Someone earlier mentioned hiring Steve Young in the front office. I'd like to see this.
Share 49ersWebzone