Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Homer:
I have the same obvious fears as you guys (Bowman, OL, ect) but here are a few others:

- our new up tempo offense just turns into a bunch of really fast 3 and outs, putting loads of stress on our D
- running back health. I have this sad vision of Hyde, Hunter, and Bush all getting hurt in the same game
- small crowds. I think our fans real really alienated after last season. Who wants to pay top dollar to get sunburned at Levi's?
- TE production. I know it's popular to blame our former staff, but Davis seemed completely uninterested last year, and I've never been a big fan of Vance.
- what if Brandon Thomas doesn't develop into a starter like we all assumed he would?

I'm pretty confident in our defense. Whether Mangini is a genius is up for debate. IMO you don't need to be a genius if you have the right talent, which IMO we do.
Why all this worry ?

uptempo is not going crazy like Oregon/Eagles offense
RBs are not hurt
Small crowds, where did you come up with this ?
TE is stacked, even if Davis lays an egg again
Brandon is barely getting football time since 2013

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Homer:
I have the same obvious fears as you guys (Bowman, OL, ect) but here are a few others:

- our new up tempo offense just turns into a bunch of really fast 3 and outs, putting loads of stress on our D
- running back health. I have this sad vision of Hyde, Hunter, and Bush all getting hurt in the same game
- small crowds. I think our fans real really alienated after last season. Who wants to pay top dollar to get sunburned at Levi's?
- TE production. I know it's popular to blame our former staff, but Davis seemed completely uninterested last year, and I've never been a big fan of Vance.
- what if Brandon Thomas doesn't develop into a starter like we all assumed he would?

I'm pretty confident in our defense. Whether Mangini is a genius is up for debate. IMO you don't need to be a genius if you have the right talent, which IMO we do.


Originally posted by Homer:
I have the same obvious fears as you guys (Bowman, OL, ect) but here are a few others:

- our new up tempo offense just turns into a bunch of really fast 3 and outs, putting loads of stress on our D
- running back health. I have this sad vision of Hyde, Hunter, and Bush all getting hurt in the same game
- small crowds. I think our fans real really alienated after last season. Who wants to pay top dollar to get sunburned at Levi's?
- TE production. I know it's popular to blame our former staff, but Davis seemed completely uninterested last year, and I've never been a big fan of Vance.
- what if Brandon Thomas doesn't develop into a starter like we all assumed he would?

I'm pretty confident in our defense. Whether Mangini is a genius is up for debate. IMO you don't need to be a genius if you have the right talent, which IMO we do.
i am not making fun of you but you really should stop thinking bullet point number two will happen. why torture yourself? i think bullet point number one is not about some hurry up offense , i think its just about addressing a glaring need we have had for four years, get plays called in on time and not have to take time outs and delay of game penalties, due to the retards behind play calling last year we led the nfl in 30 second drives,(just joking,, i think) so it can not be worse
small crowds you can not control and being a hearty iowan used to dressing correctly in hot weather,, sunshine would never keep me away
good concern about tight end behind vernon but that is what practice is about and right now, early, we have a kid who is out playing a vet

Not looking good, fellas. Hunter cut, Bush and Hyde both banged up, our best offensive threat is Pinion, running multiple TE sets and not getting much production, and our fans are selling off their seats significantly more than any other franchise. Oh, and we have the worst OL in football and Brandon Thomas can't even sniff the field.