LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 377 users in the forums

Does Vernon Davis miss football? Frank Gore says he doesn't even love it!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
....seriously?

Do peeps really think Frank would publically call out one of his ex-teammates like that and be serious about it? Come on now. When have you ever seen him say anything about anyone at any time?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
i blame Jed

thought I'd post it first since it's inevitable
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Obviously you idiot fans defending Vernon didn't watch last season. Hmm, let's see... Holds out all offseason before training camp despite having 2 more years left on his deal, then has the WORST season of his career. Obviously Frank knows something we don't. Seems like Vernon had Jamba Juice more on his mind than "#NFL and #49ers" And more worried about his "brand" than the "#NFL #49ers" Tell it like it is Frank until Vernon proves OTHERWISE!!!

f**k VD. glad Frank is validating what we already know.

Clearly this guy doesn't get sarcasm...

It's not that serious, i was pissed off about him holding out last season, but that's in the past.

Look to what's going on now, and his commitment now, i support VD 100 percent.

I'm as sarcastic as they come. you don't know that Gore is being sarcastic. After last season, why would he be? until VD shows otherwise my feelings will not change.
I would have rather heard what Frank thinks about Alex Boone. Lol. I really don't think Frank is being scarcastic or making a joke. Frank is super serious about football and I think it annoyed Frank seeing Vernon's post. It's interesting what you learn about players from teammates who move on. Who knows maybe I'm way off. I do know Vernon used to call out Crabtree all the time for not working hard enough and I don't know how you can determine another player's love for the game. Frank is all ball all the time and Vernon isn't but that doesn't mean he doesn't love the game.
Obviously you idiot fans defending Vernon didn't watch last season. Hmm, let's see... Holds out all offseason before training camp despite having 2 more years left on his deal, then has the WORST season of his career. Obviously Frank knows something we don't. Seems like Vernon had Jamba Juice more on his mind than "#NFL and #49ers" And more worried about his "brand" than the "#NFL #49ers" Tell it like it is Frank until Vernon proves OTHERWISE!!!

It's not that serious, i was pissed off about him holding out last season, but that's in the past.

I'm as sarcastic as they come. you don't know that Gore is being sarcastic. After last season, why would he be? until VD shows otherwise my feelings will not change.

When have you EVER seen or heard Gore make a comment like that. EVER.

Why would he light up an ex-teammate NOW? Come on now.
Frank is such a boss, this s**t is too funny
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
why is everyone mad at Gore for pointing out the obvious? half this damn team quit last year.

#truthbomb
Originally posted by Marvin49:

A few years back, there was a video of Frank and Vernon hanging out, and Davis said he was about to have a breakout season, and Gore made a comment that Vernon was supposed to have a breakout season for the past 3 years. He was totally joking, but to me, this seems like the same kind of thing.
....seriously?

Do peeps really think Frank would publically call out one of his ex-teammates like that and be serious about it? Come on now. When have you ever seen him say anything about anyone at any time?

You might be right but this is the first time Frank has been an ex anything either. You know Frank isn't the all about the team player everybody thinks he is either according to Larry Krueger on KNBR. He said that multiple times after games last year Gore would sit at his locker sulking, worried about his carries, questioning the coaching staff and kind of shift the blame to others. My point is it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to think Gore wouldn't call out an ex-teammate.

That's EXACTLY my POINT. The fact he NEVER has made a comment like that publicly and has no where NEAR the personality to demonstrate such a comment on social media means something. If it someone like Boone, or Staley, sure. "ha ha." Gore is a long time veteran, hardest working player in the game next to Kap. Has carried the team FOR YEARS on his back.

..Why would he make a joke like that?

that's why ^

Why would Gore make a comment like that now? Because Vernon was a little b***h last season and then decides to make a dumbass post like this
[ Edited by defenderDX on May 19, 2015 at 2:53 PM ]

I find it heard to believe Frank Gore said that about a former teammate...he certainly wasn't that way while a Niner and I'd be very skeptical he's changed his MO just because he's now a Colt. Be that as it may, there could be some truth to the statement, whether Gore made it or not. Vernon was all about "his brand" while he was staying away last year...it came across as potentially being more important than his status as a pro football player. My sense is he'll have a big 2015 season...for a several reasons. One, if he plans to continue his football career, it'd make good sense to have a stellar contract season. For another, his Niner career is part of "his brand"...doesn't seem likely he'd do more to jeopardize that. Lastly, the training Kap got in AZ to better utilize his talents coupled with the addition of Torrey Smith, Jerome Simpson, Reggie Bush and the return of Kendall Hunter could well create a lot of space underneath for Vernon, Boldin and arguably at least one of the TE's Baalke drafted, although the more I hear about Busta Anderson it sounds like Baalke drafted two very capable pass-catchers at the TE position. Put together, they'd seem to indicated Vernon could definitely have a very productive season. After that, who knows.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Obviously you idiot fans defending Vernon

• boast
  • Hella Fame

That's EXACTLY my POINT. The fact he NEVER has made a comment like that publicly and has no where NEAR the personality to demonstrate such a comment on social media means something. If it someone like Boone, or Staley, sure. "ha ha." Gore is a long time veteran, hardest working player in the game next to Kap. Has carried the team FOR YEARS on his back.

that's why ^

Why would Gore make a comment like that now? Because Vernon was a little b***h last season and then decides to make a dumbass post like this

lol. that's your example? Vernon wasn't supposed to block on that play. he didn't know Kap was starting to run.

that's why ^

That play looks really bad on VD
Originally posted by boast:
lol. that's your example? Vernon wasn't supposed to block on that play. he didn't know Kap was starting to run.

so his job was to give'em the old "eye balls" technique and make it look like he is doing something? go find the Film breakdown thread that th or jonnydel made for that game.
Share 49ersWebzone