LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 191 users in the forums

Does Vernon Davis miss football? Frank Gore says he doesn't even love it!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Carrier is legit. hope to see more of him

Was hoping we would cut Vernon, get more Carrier and use the money to re-sign Gore.

cut vernon after one bad year, hope carrier can do his job and over pay a 32 year old whose tires could go bald over night,, thank god you are far away from the front office of niner headquarters
  • Arson
  • Veteran
Vernon is a top 3 te, anybody who says different is a f**king clown.
Originally posted by Arson:

maybe a couple of years ago
I wish harbaugh had Instagram.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

maybe a couple of years ago

ya, when he wasnt asked to be a lineman on every play...

Um, or has a firm grasp on reality. Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, Julius Thomas, Antonio Gates, Jason Witten. You say VD is better than at least 3 of them? Which?
[ Edited by ronniefreakinlott42 on May 19, 2015 at 8:17 PM ]
Vernon was fast. He did a great job blocking until last year, when no 49er wanted to block. Give me a RELIABLE tight end over a fast one any day. Personally prefer those in the Brent Jones/Jason Witten mold who simply have a knack for finding the soft spots in a defense and being that security blanket for the QB. 2nd choice would be the giant TE ie. Graham, Gronkowski, Gates. Nice when their hands work, too...
[ Edited by ronniefreakinlott42 on May 19, 2015 at 8:06 PM ]
For all the vd doubters when he was probably ALMOST fully healthy.......see his 80 yard catch and td run and pounding into the endzone against the chargers. It got negated by penalty but point is that is vintage VD and he easily still has it. No other te in the league could of done that. Not Gronk not graham not one
VERNON DAVIS FIRES BACK AT FRANK GORE!

MOCKS GORE FOR CHANGING HIS NUMBER!!!!

Ok I'm done, time to lock this up mods
I think he was just messing with him

Originally posted by Jamespowers:
I wish harbaugh had Instagram.

He has a twitter account

It can be very entertaining
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
Vernon was fast. He did a great job blocking until last year, when no 49er wanted to block. Give me a RELIABLE tight end over a fast one any day. Personally prefer those in the Brent Jones/Jason Witten mold who simply have a knack for finding the soft spots in a defense and being that security blanket for the QB. 2nd choice would be the giant TE ie. Graham, Gronkowski, Gates. Nice when their hands work, too...

I like a Vernon Davis like type of TE. There really isn't anyone like him. However with that said, I like him better in a two TE set when you have the type of tight ends that you mentioned in your post. I think we ALL loved his big play ability from 2009 to 2013. Even without having the softest hands, he was putting up numbers that any 49er fan should be able to appreciate. Hopefully he returns to form in 2015 and we can get our security blanket TE out of one of the other players on the roster.
This is a stupid thread it was just a friendly joke between old buddies & you guys blew this s#it out of proportion. Not even worth the argue Niner fans turning on Niner fans & for what???

Lock this Bishh up!!!!!

They were just f**king around with each other. Nothing to see here
Share 49ersWebzone