LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 306 users in the forums

Are you happy with the draft?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Are you happy with the draft?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Very underwhelming group this year, hence an underwhelming draft.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
oh i see they added another tight end. he may not make the team but i am glad they are taking steps to add some more people to that position,, and i really really like our new swiss army pocket knife tight end/qb/fullback/ whatever else from the sooners we got
Originally posted by defenderDX:
we drafted 0 corners. why?

Probably because we drafted 4 last year (Ward, Johnson, Acker, Reaser), re-signed Cook and signed Wright.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on May 2, 2015 at 3:41 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

hence we do not do sexy, hence it was a typical meat and potatoes niner draft, hence we will just have to wait and see how it all pans out. i need to stop saying hence
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
we drafted 0 corners. why?

Probably because we drafted 3 last year (Ward, Acker, Reaser), re-signed Cook and signed Wright.

yep,, i know it makes people nervous but just like with our two kids at wide out,,,, we MUST fine out what the kids from last year who did not play much can do. you never know about them. and no i am not saying he is the second coming of jimmy johnson or even bruce taylor(old school),,,, cook was on the verge of making this team and could be a pleasant surprise for us. and we got a great coach back there to. some hate wright but what he did as a non niner means nothing to me. both cook and wright could be cox 2 and 3.
I'm happy. We drafted some very talented, exciting players.

Some people will hate it, and I understand. We didn't prioritize WR, ILB, or CB like people thought we would.

I'm glad we addressed d-line in rd 1. Armstead wasn't my favorite prospect out of the bunch, but he is massively talented. Absolutely loved what we did in rounds 2 - 4. Rest of the picks was about filling out the roster.

Guys in the 6 7th of 2013 2014 should have been in the 3rd, this year seemed like the guys in the 2nd 3rd should have been 6 7. Weird ass draft full of "reaches" from a casual stand point. (referring to everyone not just 9ers)
[ Edited by Gore_21 on May 2, 2015 at 3:59 PM ]
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
I was pretty disappointed in getting Armstead as I would have rather taken Irving and move Kilgore back to guard to compete with Thomas for the starting gig.

With that said the move has mostly been praised by people that for the most part know football better than us and listening to the way the analyst were building him up this morning, I had a brief moment where I started to get a little pumped up.

Love the the Davis and Smelter pick and was pretty excited about getting Harold in the third. Its not out of the question that we could have a top 3 pass rush this season. In fact I'm counting on it.

I think this draft class is hard to grade because many of the prospects are raw but offer some of the best upside at their positions in the whole draft. So we'll see but I'm getting pumped for football now.

Believe it or not its going to be our coaches... we got alot of solid players but it will be our coaches who bring life
Originally posted by Constantine:
Believe it or not its going to be our coaches... we got alot of solid players but it will be our coaches who bring life

Agree. 49ers want their coaches to be true teachers. We have a bunch of them on staff. The FO drafted all these super talented players that can be molded like clay. Up to the coaches to put these guys in a position to succeed.

Tomsula seems like the kind of guy who's not stubborn in his approach. He will adapt the schemes to fit the strengths of the players. Let everyone do what they do best.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Super happy, it should really help us next season.

Good job, good effort.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Super happy, it should really help us next season.

Good job, good effort.
agree. good picks for short term and long term. good job sus. i am sure you are not being obtuse
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Too much bust potential if you ask me. Hope they do well, but not really seeing it.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Constantine:

Agree. 49ers want their coaches to be true teachers. We have a bunch of them on staff. The FO drafted all these super talented players that can be molded like clay. Up to the coaches to put these guys in a position to succeed.

Tomsula seems like the kind of guy who's not stubborn in his approach. He will adapt the schemes to fit the strengths of the players. Let everyone do what they do best.
there is a reason they signed and picked two running backs who can catch out of the backfield. thanks to last years inept coaches,, we now still have to find out what we got with our two young wide outs but that is ok,, by not taking a wide out super high, they are saying they have to pick up the pieces left behind from the former regime,,, plus we did a massive upgrade in the wide out coach from last year
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Too much bust potential if you ask me. Hope they do well, but not really seeing it.
that is why we have to wait till about sept first to do a proper evaluation. i just think it is very exciting the new people who have come on board and i think it will be alot of fun to see the guys battle it out for positions, it seems to be, cept for ck and our top two wide outs,,, most everyone on the team has some competition for their spot and that is wonderfull. at inside backer the team has told us bowman is 100 per cent. some disagree but michael will be more than fine, we signed three free agent backers as well and wheeler is going to be good for us i feel. briggs is still an option but i would rather let the guys on the roster duke it out
Hell,yeah. We done good and those that think otherwise, prepare to get a good surprise. QB coming manana either UDFA or in 7th.

Herm edwards just dropped a nugget on ESPN. 1/3 of all starters around the league come from rounds 4-7 or UDFAs. Think on that one awhile.
Share 49ersWebzone