LISTEN: The 49ers Biggest Target In Free Agency →

There are 138 users in the forums

Are you happy with the draft?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Are you happy with the draft?

I am so desperate for the season to start.

Sad thats its only May and I'm already talked out. I feel like there is so much speculation that there is nothing worth discussing at this point. Nobody has any idea how this coaching staff will be, players will respond and draft picks will develop. Its exciting and frightening at the same time.

#zeroexpectatons
Anybody else notice the 49ers war room was just Balke doing all the talking. Hate to say it but this team is phucked as long as Balke has full control. Absoltely Hated the 2015 draft. Wasn't a fan of the 2013 or 2012 or 2014 drafts either. 2011 was Balkes best job due to having a top 7 pick. He also coulda had Dez or Demaryius in 2010 but chose I go potti (Iupati) instead. Balke has gots to go.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I am so desperate for the season to start.

I'm so desperate for the season to end, so I can get excited for the 2016 draft & repeat my cycle of disappointment.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Anybody else notice the 49ers war room was just Balke doing all the talking. Hate to say it but this team is phucked as long as Balke has full control. Absoltely Hated the 2015 draft. Wasn't a fan of the 2013 or 2012 or 2014 drafts either. 2011 was Balkes best job due to having a top 7 pick. He also coulda had Dez or Demaryius in 2010 but chose I go potti (Iupati) instead. Balke has gots to go.

Just SMH. Pointless discussing it.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

were you in the room all the time? and really what does it matter? and really why am i wasting my time with someone who is shrilling eric reid is a bust

Dez is a legit No.1 Elite receiver with a Semi-Elite QB, no super bowl ring.

DT is a legit No.1 Elite Receiver with Elite QB, no super bowl ring.
Originally posted by JimsSweatshirt:

If Dez or DT were on different teams, would they improve those teams, of course.

You're acting like having a great WR is a detriment to a team.
We can't judge a draft until 3 years out. What's the point of getting mad because theyd didn't draft a guy I read about or watched a few games. Really don't understand the panic mode of everybody. Not needing to draft immediate starters is a good thing. Means the team has a lot of depth.

No drafting a CB or WR, only means that they have faith in the guys already on the roster.

CB's: Acker, Johnson, Reaser and their FA's signings Wright and Cook. From what I've seen of Johnson last season and Acker in the preseason on a broken foot. I REALLY like their potential.

WR's Patton and Ellington have looked GOOD, when they were given a chance to play. Jerome Simpson is a proven Vet. I feel really comfortable w/the depth at that position and like that they signed a bunch UDFA WR's to compete and or stash on the practice squad.

LB- no one dropped to them and the others they felt, were not better than back-up Nick Moody and that they have faith in Nick Moody as a back-up and could signal the move of Ahmad Brooks to ILB.

I LIKE the fact that they drafted "possibly one of the best punters in the NFL" right now and the THE KID IS ONLY 20 YEARS OLD! Andy Lee is a great punter and we were fortunate to have him for the last 10 years, but I saw some signs of aging last year. The previous 9 years, this guy never messed up a kick he did so
Originally posted by Garlicboy:
I LIKE the fact that they drafted "possibly one of the best punters in the NFL" right now and the THE KID IS ONLY 20 YEARS OLD! Andy Lee is a great punter and we were fortunate to have him for the last 10 years, but I saw some signs of aging last year. The previous 9 years, this guy never messed up a kick he did so

Oh yeah, I forgot about the punter. I'm all for that pick. Probably the best pick they made.
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
If Dez or DT were on different teams, would they improve those teams, of course.

Having a bunch of equally talented guys is better than having one guy use up all the cap space for WR. Just ask Tom Brady and P Manning. They seldom have elite receivers but spread the ball around so the D can't concentrate on a guy. Imagine how good Calvin Johnson would be if he played with a great TE and another great WR...but his stats would go down and folks would start doubting him.

T Smith and Boldin bring a very good balance and when you add in several young talented guys they are in good shape. I still wish they'd been able to draft White or Strong but...didn't happen.

Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
Originally posted by JimsSweatshirt:

Just saying, you don't have to have a true No.1 Elite WR to win a championship.
2015 draft was impacted by 2013/2014 draft's. Look at the WR's and CB's we drafted the last 2 years.

This is the year we learn if the 2013/2014 drafts were good or not. 2013/2014 Starters/Studs: Eric Reid, Aaron Lynch, Carlos Hyde

FB: Trey Millard-RS
OG: Marcus Martin, Brandon Thomas-RS
WR: Quinton Patton, Bruce Ellington

DE: Quinton Dial, Tank Carridine, Kaleb Ramsey-RS, UDFA- Lawrence Okoye
LB: Nick Moody
CB: Dontae Johnson, Kenneth Acker (RS), Keith Reaser (RS)
S: Jimmie Ward
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
In a way I understand what Baalke was trying to do here. He is trying to get bigger, more physical and heavy hitters. The problem is the the Safety will get a lot of penalties with his style of play and the new NFL rules. Armstead is a big risk with high bust potential. He plays nowhere near his natural talent level. Usually those guys don't just turn a light on and suddenly go now that they are in the NFL. The OLB pass rusher may be good. I like that pick. I don't know about this draft overall. Guys who don't play to their potential, guys who will get a lot of penalties and lots of not positions of need.

I get the idea to get bigger and more physical. There is just a lot about this draft that may not turn out well.

as far as armstead goes, we can hire singletary to a one day contract, pull his pants down, make him cry. that made a man out of Davis. remember how much of an immature slacker he was before that? these guys are just 21 years old, theyll mature with the right coaching
Originally posted by cciowa:
puzzled about the punter but whatever.got no issue with the first three picks on defense. all three will get some time this year and all three figure into our future. some think the team is tanking this next year but that is stupid. the team is preparing to replace people like bethea, boldin, country, dahl! and you can never have enough pass rushers. as i write this no clue what is being taken in the 7th round , but by not drafting a corner that tells me that the team is fine with who we have and since i am no expert, unlike some here claim to be, who am i to differ , plus we have a great secondary coach. by not taking a inside backer that tells me the team is fine with bowmans knee and is ok with michael which is fine with me,, plus we signed three free agents including wheeler who can be a fine player. i guess if the team wanted to, they could sign lance briggs. it is wise to get davis the back. hyde is still learning, reggie may be here only a year and god love him , but who knows about hunter. did you also note that we have signed and drafted backs who can catch out of the backfield? loved the tight end/qb/fullback/ multi tasker. will help us in short yardage, could be a better qb than gabbert! can do anything. very nice pick. others moan it was not sexy,,, the niners do not do sexy in free agency(though smith is rather sensual) nor do they do sexy in the draft. we are a meat and potatoes team whose offense will be better and whose defense will benefit from all of the good competition that will be forthcoming... oh and i never thought o line was a huge need cuz we got good young talent there and the acl guy from last year is going to start at left guard and be a rock for us. speculation but wise speculation in my opinion. point is, good draft, can not wait till the team is assembled and everyone who is whining and moaning can leave as they will not be mourned or missed

yeah man!

Like I said the sky is not falling.

Good post cc.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
as far as armstead goes, we can hire singletary to a one day contract, pull his pants down, make him cry. that made a man out of Davis. remember how much of an immature slacker he was before that? these guys are just 21 years old, theyll mature with the right coaching

GREAT!!
Share 49ersWebzone