There are 218 users in the forums

2015 Team Needs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
LOL John Middlekauff just said he can see Jordan Devey becoming a starter on our O-line this season.

Dismissed Marcus Martin, Brandon Thomas and Joe Looney as starters
Said that since he played with Tom Brady on a superbowl team so he has to be good.

Translation: "I've heard of Devey b/c of the Pats and Tom Brady but had to look up Martin, Thomas and Looney = Devey will be a starter for the SF 49ers."

LOL! Exactly!
LOL John Middlekauff just said he can see Jordan Devey becoming a starter on our O-line this season.

Said that since he played with Tom Brady on a superbowl team so he has to be good.

Translation: "I've heard of Devey b/c of the Pats and Tom Brady but had to look up Martin, Thomas and Looney = Devey will be a starter for the SF 49ers."

LOL unreal
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

LOL! Exactly!

How does Middlekauff have a job? Someone seriously pulling some strings for this guy to be a scout and then get a radio gig. He's awful.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Aug 18, 2015 at 11:46 AM ]

Originally posted by SofaKing:

LOL! Exactly!

How does Middlekauff have a job? Someone seriously pulling some strings for this guy to be a scout and then get a radio gig. He's awful.

Yeah he is a jack ass. I dont think he is a niner hater, he just doesnt know any of our young players, nor has he watched them so he just thinks they suck automatically. Those guys dont do their job or their research. 957 the game is only good for lund and Greg papa(who isnt a hater, even though you'd think he would be), and the morning show. Damon Bruce is just horrible, middlekauf and habberman dont provide any interesting info.

Supposedly the devey guy is athletic but he blows donkey balls.
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

LOL! Exactly!

Yeah he is a jack ass. I dont think he is a niner hater, he just doesnt know any of our young players, nor has he watched them so he just thinks they suck automatically. Those guys dont do their job or their research. 957 the game is only good for lund and Greg papa(who isnt a hater, even though you'd think he would be), and the morning show. Damon Bruce is just horrible, middlekauf and habberman dont provide any interesting info.

someone posted some gifs of him in the TC thread, doesn't look horrible
Devey played Center and Guard for NE, according to Google...so now he's our starting RT? Hmm...OK...
Originally posted by Afrikan:
well........a fifth-round pick and Brandon Whiting?

Did TO's agent f**k up again? Did we need the super-special-mediator to take the agreed upon second rounder from Baltimore and try to make all parties happy because TO's agent could do simple paper work?
Originally posted by Niners816:

Did TO's agent f**k up again? Did we need the super-special-mediator to take the agreed upon second rounder from Baltimore and try to make all parties happy because TO's agent could do simple paper work?

No, it was a straightup trade, Cleveland for Devey and Paul Horner...seems like a good deal.

hey T.O. and his agent exercised their right, and won fair and square. OUR INEPT Front Office f**ked up.

should've extended him long ago... or traded him him the year before that, if they didn't want to keep him.

being pissed off at T.O. for that s**t is like when a women is pissed off at another woman for f'ing her man.

OLB

OLB

OLB
  • Homer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by philosoraptor:

Papa's definitely not a hater, I've had to tell people that for years. He is an east bay fan with respect for the SF teams the same way I'm a fan of the SF teams with no hate for A's/raiders. Does it right. Wish more of them were like that, instead they act like Jan Brady.

Middlekauf is just kind of a doof. I know he played for Fresno State and got destroyed by Kaepernick in college. Kind of seemed butthurt over it one time I was listening. I don't think he has a particular axe to grind with us besides that, though.
hey T.O. and his agent exercised their right, and won fair and square. OUR INEPT Front Office f**ked up.

should've extended him long ago... or traded him him the year before that, if they didn't want to keep him.

being pissed off at T.O. for that s**t is like when a women is pissed off at another woman for f'ing her man.

The nflpa saved TO ass in that situation. Even the NFL ruled his agent messed up and missed the deadline. I agree though the FO was weak and should have cut ties with TO after 2002. Perhaps getting a 2nd prior to the 2003 draft would have allowed them to draft a replacement (Boldin maybe: 2nd rounder in '03 draft).
Based on the fact that Cleveland wasn't going to make it here, hell yeah, this was a great deal for us. Now if NC is correct and Devey comes around and makes us a good OT, then we stole a march on the rest of the league. I am not holding my breath however.

The nflpa saved TO ass in that situation. Even the NFL ruled his agent messed up and missed the deadline. I agree though the FO was weak and should have cut ties with TO after 2002. Perhaps getting a 2nd prior to the 2003 draft would have allowed them to draft a replacement (Boldin maybe: 2nd rounder in '03 draft).

Yes the NFLPA saved his ass, he had no right to force a trade to where he wanted to go, he didn't have a No Trade clause, he should have went to Baltimore, but he had to get the NFLPA involved, and we ended up screwed, TO for Whiting and a 5th rd pick is laughable, the Baltimore package was the right one, we were screwed once the deal got voided, we had no leverage, TO would have whined no matter where he went if he didn't go to Philly.

No player should ever hold a team hostage, which is what TO did, I can't stand that POS, I'm so glad he is out of the league, and we never brought him back like some wanted. Owens can go to Hell. Hate his guts so much.
Share 49ersWebzone