LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 203 users in the forums

Has our window closed?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
lol our window has been slammed shut. Thats what happens when you dump an elite coach.
I think so... We had a three year window where we were clearly the best team in the NFL, and due to the same issues (red zone, third downs, clock management), we werent able to get over the hump.
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol our window has been slammed shut. Thats what happens when you dump an elite coach.

The window is not closed. We are losing a HC who lost his way and the team, and an OC who was much like the Tin Woodman, searching for a brain.

The roster is still loaded and with a good HC and a top OC, we'll be right back on top. You're supposed to be a vet. You must know that this franchise has always come back. 41 winning seasons in 67 years proves that.

Maybe he's not such an "elite" coach if he's being dumped by a NFL team and going back to college.

Crazy talk. Team still has talent. Just because you had a good coach doesn't mean he's the only good coach. If that was the case all the teams in the league would suck. This team has talent and will be an attractive landing spot for a coach. I don't think the niners have to scrape the bottom of the coaching barrel to find a new head coach.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for brodiebluebanaszak.
Harbs wasn't able to adjust his schemes to remain competitive on offense. SO he's not necessarily elite. He put all his eggs in the Kap basket, and they didn't hatch. SO I'm not sure he's the qb whisperer either. He also waaaay needs a new pr staff. sheesh. Guys like interviewing a stomach cramp.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Like I said in the Harbaugh thread:

With a top 3 (probably #1 next year) defense, we'd win 7-8 games alone (like THIS year). Throw in an average offense (points-wise) and that's 3-4 more wins easily making us an instant playoff team (10-12 wins).

that and the easier schedule we will have being the 4th place team in the nfc west, all our players returning to health and hopefully hitting on a couple studs in the draft. we should bounce back next year with a vengeance

Totally!
The NFL should be fearful of such a talented team getting a top 15 pick.
The NFL is so different than years ago. Windows open and close quickly. This team has a lot of talent. Have to draft well. I just don't know if I trust this ownership to hire the right coaching staff. And if they do hire someone good will they let them take the reigns
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
The NFL should be fearful of such a talented team getting a top 15 pick.

And this too.

This. Along wih dumping half our talent this offseason.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

i have no time to figure out this"logic'.. my only hope is that when jh and roman leave, they take some bandwagon fans with them
A lot of key players on the team have missed their opportunity. Gore, cowboy, Davis, crab, maybe Willis. i don't think this will be the same team next season.
Originally posted by b9er37:
A lot of key players on the team have missed their opportunity. Gore, cowboy, Davis, crab, maybe Willis. i don't think this will be the same team next season.

You're right. It's going to be way better!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by b9er37:

again with the writing off of willis,, jesus. would like to coax gore and country to do another year,, f**k crabs and actually,,, i really have no idea what to think about vernon davis anymore
Share 49ersWebzone