There are 162 users in the forums

Is Eric Wright In the Dog House?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Did not think he would be coming back, glad he is. Hopefully he gets his carrer straightened out here.

He knows there's a starting spot up for grabs.
I guess writing those positive blogs paid off lol
Originally posted by mayo49:
Did not think he would be coming back, glad he is. Hopefully he gets his carrer straightened out here.

He knows there's a starting spot up for grabs.

Totally plus he's had some in-game experience AND a year under his belt in our system. Don't underestimate that latter part.
Isn't one of his strong points is his ability to play the slot?

low risk with potentially very high reward. I'm really glad we brought him back.
Alright Maiocco tweeted it he's back.

Should be our #4 corner at worst. Will compete with a rookie and/or another vet for a chance at the #3 cb. I'm thinking we aren't done in FA we will probably just get another vet CB yet.

Brock, Culliver, Wright, Morris.... Could look like Brock, Culliver, 1st/2nd Rd pick vs Wright vs Vet, losers are 4 and 5, Morris 6. So if we can get 2-3 guys competing for #3 that will help us a lot in makings sure the best man wins.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Should be our #4 corner at worst. Will compete with a rookie and/or another vet for a chance at the #3 cb. I'm thinking we aren't done in FA we will probably just get another vet CB yet.

Brock, Culliver, Wright, Morris.... Could look like Brock, Culliver, 1st/2nd Rd pick vs Wright vs Vet, losers are 4 and 5, Morris 6. So if we can get 2-3 guys competing for #3 that will help us a lot in makings sure the best man wins.

And still potentially Nolan Carroll
I don't know if our secondary is absolutely stronger yet. But it definitely isn't weaker. We are right where were last season and I think we can potentially be better. Especially if we had a shifty corner, though it isn't an absolute need now that we have Brock, Culliver, Wright, and Morris. I'd still go DB in the first or second, but wouldn't be mad if we took one of the top DE/DTs coming out.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Mar 11, 2014 at 4:27 PM ]
so what's going on with Brown?

Originally posted by defenderDX:
so what's going on with Brown?

He's going bye bye. Wants to get paid. He 29 this is his last time to really cash in.
Very happy w/Bethea signing...he's productive (110 tackles last season) and also very smart. Only 13 penalties in the last 8 seasons...wow, that's amazing. Of those, only 3 were PF's...so although I'll miss Whitner's fire and leadership, I welcome a player who can get the job done and not hurt his team. He's gonna love playing behind our front 7, too. I see him and Reid as a dandy S tandem.

As for Wright, I'm glad he re-signed. He's a wily vet, and could provide some experience/leadership for our younger CB's. Would still like Baalke to bring Nolan Carroll on board...he's really just coming into his own and has very nice size (6-1, 205) to add to our secondary.
Very happy w/Bethea signing...he's productive (110 tackles last season) and also very smart. Only 13 penalties in the last 8 seasons...wow, that's amazing. Of those, only 3 were PF's...so although I'll miss Whitner's fire and leadership, I welcome a player who can get the job done and not hurt his team. He's gonna love playing behind our front 7, too. I see him and Reid as a dandy S tandem.

As for Wright, I'm glad he re-signed. He's a wily vet, and could provide some experience/leadership for our younger CB's. Would still like Baalke to bring Nolan Carroll on board...he's really just coming into his own and has very nice size (6-1, 205) to add to our secondary.

Originally posted by Gore_21:

Still only 27 and could become the next Brock, making a huge jump from year 1 to year 2. I wouldn't be surprised one bit esp. with a full off season/training camp coming up.
Share 49ersWebzone