LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

Is Eric Wright In the Dog House?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
The countdown to FA is almost here! I'm very curious to see what under-the-radar (low expectations) players Baalke brings in this year who end up playing huge roles for us.

RG Alex Boone - from PS to best G
CB Tramaine Brock - from UDFA to #1 CB
S C.J. Spillman - straight to a top ST coverage player
C Jonathan Goodwin - a "meh" signing but turned out well for us esp. when we needed him
NT Ian Williams - from PS to starting NT
LB Michael Wilhoite - great ST player and critical backup for both Willis/Bowman
K Phil Dawson - a "meh" signing who broke records for us last year
LS Kevin McDermott - from UDFA to starter over a legend
S Bubba Ventrone - a "meh" signing who panned out as a top ST player
WR Kassim Osgood - a "meh" signing who panned out as a top ST gunner
CB Darryl Morris - from UDFA to our top ST gunner and will compete for the slot CB position this year
CB Perrish Cox - from the street to helping us beat GB in GB
WR Anquan Boldin - for a 6th rounder? Turned out to be THE best FA pickup of 2013.

except he wasnt
Originally posted by crabman82:
The countdown to FA is almost here! I'm very curious to see what under-the-radar (low expectations) players Baalke brings in this year who end up playing huge roles for us.

C Jonathan Goodwin - a "meh" signing but turned out well for us esp. when we needed him
LB Michael Wilhoite - great ST player and critical backup for both Willis/Bowman
CB Darryl Morris - from UDFA to our top ST gunner and will compete for the slot CB position this year
WR Anquan Boldin - for a 6th rounder? Turned out to be THE best FA pickup of 2013.

except he wasnt

There was a better FA pickup who meant more to his team than AB?
Don't know if Wright is in the doghouse, but it's pretty clear he's sure not in the penthouse. That said, it wouldn't surprise me to see him re-sign...unlike Brown, he won't ask for big money.

except he wasnt

There was a better FA pickup who meant more to his team than AB?

we traded for him = not a free agent.
we traded for him = not a free agent.

LMAO! Touche'!
he's a goner, wont be brought back. Morris and Cox both have an edge over Wright
I'm thinking we are in no hurry to re-sign Cox or Wright and will let them test the FA waters where they won't get too much heat and we will offer them something like 1-2 years at 1 mil a year. I think Cox has the edge over Wright but both could be brought back or none at all. 1 things for certain we will likely get one vet bargain CB in FA. Brock, Culliver, vet/1st or 2nd rd pick, loser of # 3, 2nd-3rd rd, morris. That's if we keep 6.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I'm thinking we are in no hurry to re-sign Cox or Wright and will let them test the FA waters where they won't get too much heat and we will offer them something like 1-2 years at 1 mil a year. I think Cox has the edge over Wright but both could be brought back or none at all. 1 things for certain we will likely get one vet bargain CB in FA. Brock, Culliver, vet/1st or 2nd rd pick, loser of # 3, 2nd-3rd rd, morris. That's if we keep 6.

Agreed, much will hinge on Brown/Rogers but I have little doubt Rogers is gone for sure d/t age/cap but Brown is 40/60 he'll be back. I have a feeling they really want the physical CB's out on the edges pushing the NFL rules (so, Brock & Culliver). I think they'd also like to get Morris some more time on the edge in nickle and in the slot. I have a feeling they'd want to bring back both Cox and Wright given both are familiar with OUR system. Wright may surprise some in year 2. Also, no doubt, we'll be drafting a top rated CB & S as well. We all remember the year we ran through CB's like nobody else d/t injuries.

We started out last year with 12 DB's and lost #13 (Cooper).

2013: (12)
RCB: Tarell Brown, Nnamdi Asomugha, Perrish Cox, (Eric Wright)
LCB: Tramaine Brock, Carlos Rogers, (Chris Culliver)
SLOT/NICKLE: Daryl Morris
FS: Eric Reid, C.J. Spillman
SS: Donte Whitner, Craig Dahl

2014 Projection: (12)
RCB: Chris Culliver, Eric Wright, Tarell Brown (40-60% chance of being back)/Second Tier FA
LCB: Tramaine Brock, Perrish Cox & Top Rookie
SLOT/NICKLE: Daryl Morris
FS: Eric Reid, C.J. Spillman (ST ace)
SS: Donte Whitner (40-60% chance of being back), Craig Dahl (ST ace), Top Rookie
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 7, 2014 at 6:52 AM ]
  • pfizz
re-signed
Samuel Lam ‏@SamuelYLam 54s
.@EWrighteous21 shares that he's returning to 49ers. It's not about the salary, it's all about reality http://instagram.com/p/la0YUVgwnr/ ;

So he wasnt in the dog house. i think he can handle slot duties just fine
Already a solid offseason for us.
Still haven't really seen him do much of anything. Big question mark
Great resigning and insurance!
Did not think he would be coming back, glad he is. Hopefully he gets his carrer straightened out here.
Share 49ersWebzone