There are 202 users in the forums

What the Seattle win COULD mean

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Russell Wilson's career QB Rating: 103.0
Russell Wilson's QB Rating vs. 9ers: 80.4

(47 comp. 88 attempts 634 yds 6 TDs 4 INTs) and really, he had one stellar game with 4TDs and 1 INT. The other three games have been very pedestrian.

- worst for any team with more than one game played

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000293656/Mind-blowing-stats-Russell-Wilson-vs-49ers

Guess it would stand to reason that QBs, in general, perform worse against stellar defenses . . .

Colin Kaepernick's career QB Rating: 94.4
Colin Kaepernick's QB Rating vs. the Hawks: 53.4

(47 comp. 93 attempts 546 yds 2 TDs 5 INTs)
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by senseimatt:
I was checking out the last few SB champs, and compared this years niners to the 2010 Packers, 2011 Giants, and lasts years Ravens. All had to win 3 road games( and all beating both the #1 and #2 seeds), and all were not healthy at the start of the year but full strength in the playoffs. The Packers and Giants had a .520 SOS vs the niners .518 so far this year. This team can win at Seattle as long as they play with their heads on their shoulders, which is something they couldn't do in the SB last year.

Also you need some luck and some love from the officials.

Last year's Ravens didn't have to win 3 road games. I believe their first game was at home against the Colts.

additionally the 2011 giants won their division and had a home playoff game vs the falcons.

Correct.

I didn't say in the playoffs.

Ok so I forgot about those games, probably because SF had the bye and didn't watch those game because those teams didn't have a shot
One small advantage we will have in our favor if we see Seattle in January is that atleast it will not be a night game since CBS and the AFC have that Saturday night division game so the game would end up being at 430 EST on sunday. If we somehow get the 5 seed and end up playing in Seattle for the NFCCG then the game would be at 630.
we can do it! we can do it all night long!
Id like to see Car vs Sea now that Carolina has found its stride, yea they lost to the saints but that was kinda expected. I think Car's Defense is better than the Seattle offense at this point in the season though it would be tough in Seattle. The thing that makes me nervous about Seattle is that it seems like their team has this killer instinct. Their defense is quick and doesn't give up match YAC, they do legit "gang" tackles(surround you, hold you up, try to strip the ball), and they hit hard. The offense..i cant figure it out. Wilson hits Baldwin, Tate, Wilson, Miller, and even kearse. Its like theyre all so good at getting open but theyre virtually all mid WR 2 high end WR3 type guys on any other team. Im wondering why we can get MM or Vance more involved. Why do teams struggle so much with this Sea offense? Im happy we won, but throughout the game, I couldn't help but think about scoring TDs instead of FGs.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by BayArea:
Realistically the road to the superbowl is going to be more similar to the Ravens of last season only a lot tougher as the NFC is pretty stacked.

If there's a team built for the road in the NFC it's us! The only real questionmark is playing in Seattle. Whoever wins there is more than likely the Superbowl winner.

Reminds me of the good ol' championship match ups between 49ers and Cowboys, the winner usually was the champion.

Be careful of what you wish for. There's a good chance a Peyton Manning led Denver Broncos team will obliterate the NFC rep in the SB.

Manning fears NFC defenses (which is the real reason as to why he didn't become a 49er). -Peyton is also one-dimensional against 3-4 defenses, which is why he's struggled against the Pats his entire career (specially in big games), and couldn't handle the Ravens in his own f**king house when it counted.

If Manning gets Seattle or San Fran, he's dead. You need to be able to move in the pocket if wanna beat an NFC West defense. I remember that one game back in 2009, where Manning was having a huge year/undefeated streak, and he couldn't score a single TD on our defense.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Dec 9, 2013 at 10:54 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerFanInNewEngland:
One small advantage we will have in our favor if we see Seattle in January is that atleast it will not be a night game since CBS and the AFC have that Saturday night division game so the game would end up being at 430 EST on sunday. If we somehow get the 5 seed and end up playing in Seattle for the NFCCG then the game would be at 630.

we'll get the 5th seed, bro. Carolina has the saints marching in.....
Originally posted by pdizo916:
we'll get the 5th seed, bro. Carolina has the saints marching in.....

Saints are VERY mediocre on the road. The Panthers will win that next meeting and they will both have 4 losses. Only thing we can hope for is that ATL can defend their home turf against a division rival when Carolina goes there week 17. If not, Carolina will get the 5th seed for the wildcard round and it will be a division showdown in the divisional round (SF@SEA and CAR@NO) with both road teams getting embarrassed in their last meeting in that location.... it will be tough but not impossible
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by Disp:
Through 3 quarters in Seattle the score was 12-3, with Seattle's only touchdown coming after they failed to convert 3'rd down and then Aldon was hit with a ridiculous personal foul penalty. The 49ers can absolutely win in Seattle.

Thank you! I was beginning to think that I was the only one who wasn't discouraged by the week-2 loss. The final score wasn't an accurate indicator of how that game went; in all honesty, that game could have easily turned out to be like yesterday's bloodbath.

That's what happens when two teams are so similar.

And let's not forget, the Niners did NOT have Crabtree or Manningham in that game, so the cheathawks were able to double and triple team Boldin, who wasn't on the team the year before.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I remember the days when getting into the playoffs as a Wildcard came with basically a zero chance of getting to the Superbowl. I think the first team I remember doing it was the 92-93 Buffalo Bills...and they just made it to the Superbowl to get wiped off the map by the Cowboys.

Different era now....but I think it's crazy that the highest seed we can be is #5. Will we still get at least one home game? Or does seeding determine HFA over actual record?

The win could mean s**t if we dont wrap up these next three games.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
The win could mean s**t if we dont wrap up these next three games.

Well yeah....the Niners need to win out. Everyone's assuming that will be easy with 2 of the next 3 on the road.
Originally posted by Paulhofer:
This Niner team is starting to remind me a little of the 2011 NY Giants . Before yesterday's game I told my son's ( I have 4 boys - All DIE HARD NINER FANS ) that the Niners could ride the emotion of a win against Seattle right through the playoffs and into a Super Bowl . Like the NY giants who got healthy and hot at the right time , these Niners just might do the same.

The Key now is not to stumble against Tampa Bay , this game is a trap game if ever there was one , it is extremly hard coming off the emotional high of yesterdays game and having to travel across the country to play a team that is riding high behind a rookie QB with nothing to lose, but I think the Niners are a true professional team with great team leadership from thier Veteran players and coaches .

If the Niners can win out I think a 5 seed is not out of the question . Niners need to have a solid formula of Def and capable offense and they can beat any team including Seattle . It will be extremely tough , but , if they can come out of the NFC with three road playoff wins then winning the Super Bowl is not out of the question.

Prediction:

AZ is DONE , they will lose @ Tenn or @ SEAT . Dallas is DONE , they will lose @ CHI .

Philly wins the East
Carolina loses again to NO
SF is 5 seed
Car is 6th seed

Sounds good to me.
Originally posted by socalniner:
I like the idea of beating Seattle on their turf, then beating Peyton Manning's Broncos and celebrating as world champs on the Giants home field

I don't want to play either of those games. I'd prefer to have another team knock those guys out and then we play K.C. in the Super Bowl. That would really bring some media attention with the Alex vs. Kaepernick thing.
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Russell Wilson's career QB Rating: 103.0
Russell Wilson's QB Rating vs. 9ers: 80.4

(47 comp. 88 attempts 634 yds 6 TDs 4 INTs) and really, he had one stellar game with 4TDs and 1 INT. The other three games have been very pedestrian.

- worst for any team with more than one game played

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000293656/Mind-blowing-stats-Russell-Wilson-vs-49ers

Guess it would stand to reason that QBs, in general, perform worse against stellar defenses . . .

Colin Kaepernick's career QB Rating: 94.4
Colin Kaepernick's QB Rating vs. the Hawks: 53.4

(47 comp. 93 attempts 546 yds 2 TDs 5 INTs)

Touché.

Really, both qbs have struggled against each other with the exception of last Dec for RW.

My point was that unless something dramatically changes, RW (and Kaep) won't light up the scoreboard against each other. These games will come down to defense, running, and ST.
Share 49ersWebzone