There are 219 users in the forums

What the Seattle win COULD mean

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This Niner team is starting to remind me a little of the 2011 NY Giants . Before yesterday's game I told my son's ( I have 4 boys - All DIE HARD NINER FANS ) that the Niners could ride the emotion of a win against Seattle right through the playoffs and into a Super Bowl . Like the NY giants who got healthy and hot at the right time , these Niners just might do the same.

The Key now is not to stumble against Tampa Bay , this game is a trap game if ever there was one , it is extremly hard coming off the emotional high of yesterdays game and having to travel across the country to play a team that is riding high behind a rookie QB with nothing to lose, but I think the Niners are a true professional team with great team leadership from thier Veteran players and coaches .

If the Niners can win out I think a 5 seed is not out of the question . Niners need to have a solid formula of Def and capable offense and they can beat any team including Seattle . It will be extremely tough , but , if they can come out of the NFC with three road playoff wins then winning the Super Bowl is not out of the question.

Prediction:

AZ is DONE , they will lose @ Tenn or @ SEAT . Dallas is DONE , they will lose @ CHI .

Philly wins the East
Carolina loses again to NO
SF is 5 seed
Car is 6th seed
Two reasons why this team is NOT like the 2011 Giants:

1. The 2011 Giants didn't have to try to win in Seattle.

2. The 2013 Seahawks don't have Kyle Williams
[ Edited by grizzlyadams on Dec 9, 2013 at 10:02 AM ]
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Through 3 quarters in Seattle the score was 12-3, with Seattle's only touchdown coming after they failed to convert 3'rd down and then Aldon was hit with a ridiculous personal foul penalty. The 49ers can absolutely win in Seattle.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:

1. No, they had to try and win against the NFL MVP and the 15-1 Packers at Lambeau. Something people gave the Giants just as much a chance to doing as they give the 9ers this year (assuming it goes down that way).

2. True. But neither do the 49ers. But the 2013 49ers are a FAR better team than the 2011 Giants.
One reason why this team is NOT the 2011 Giants:

1. It's 2013
Originally posted by Disp:
Through 3 quarters in Seattle the score was 12-3, with Seattle's only touchdown coming after they failed to convert 3'rd down and then Aldon was hit with a ridiculous personal foul penalty. The 49ers can absolutely win in Seattle.

Agreed. It would be hard to pick them to win because of how hard it is going to be for the offense to operate with all that noise, but they can do it. That game in Week 2 was very close until the play/drive you are talking about (then it all unraveled).
I like the idea of beating Seattle on their turf, then beating Peyton Manning's Broncos and celebrating as world champs on the Giants home field
Originally posted by verb1der:
One reason why this team is NOT the 2011 Giants:

1. It's 2013

2. It's the Niners.
Realistically the road to the superbowl is going to be more similar to the Ravens of last season only a lot tougher as the NFC is pretty stacked.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Realistically the road to the superbowl is going to be more similar to the Ravens of last season only a lot tougher as the NFC is pretty stacked.

If there's a team built for the road in the NFC it's us! The only real questionmark is playing in Seattle. Whoever wins there is more than likely the Superbowl winner.

Reminds me of the good ol' championship match ups between 49ers and Cowboys, the winner usually was the champion.

Originally posted by Disp:

Thank you! I was beginning to think that I was the only one who wasn't discouraged by the week-2 loss. The final score wasn't an accurate indicator of how that game went; in all honesty, that game could have easily turned out to be like yesterday's bloodbath.

That's what happens when two teams are so similar.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by BayArea:

If there's a team built for the road in the NFC it's us! The only real questionmark is playing in Seattle. Whoever wins there is more than likely the Superbowl winner.

Reminds me of the good ol' championship match ups between 49ers and Cowboys, the winner usually was the champion.

Be careful of what you wish for. There's a good chance a Peyton Manning led Denver Broncos team will obliterate the NFC rep in the SB.
Can someone explain the Playoff matchups.

1st round: #1 and #2 bye. #3 Hosts #6, and #4 hosts #5 seeds.
2nd round: Does #1 seed automatically get the lowest remaining seed, or is it a bracket?

Cause whether we finish 5th or 6th, i doubt both wildcard teams win on the road. People are thinking getting 5th would prevent us from playing Seattle in 2nd round, but really, as long as the 3rd team beats 6th place, we woud be lowest at 5th and play Seattle anway.,
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
Can someone explain the Playoff matchups.

1st round: #1 and #2 bye. #3 Hosts #6, and #4 hosts #5 seeds.
2nd round: Does #1 seed automatically get the lowest remaining seed, or is it a bracket?

Cause whether we finish 5th or 6th, i doubt both wildcard teams win on the road. People are thinking getting 5th would prevent us from playing Seattle in 2nd round, but really, as long as the 3rd team beats 6th place, we woud be lowest at 5th and play Seattle anway.,

yes they do re-seed. as the #1 seed you get the lowest remaining seed in the divisional round
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:

3. Greg Roman calling plays

4. NFL refs hate us
Share 49ersWebzone